Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2023, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,933 Likes on 2,628 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by MaverickC43
I don’t know what “ bump “
means but i took a bad pic and didn’t know how to delete it
Bump means to bring a thread back up to the top if it hasn't gotten any responses in a while.
The following users liked this post:
MaverickC43 (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 07:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,652 Likes on 2,256 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
I see.
The following users liked this post:
MaverickC43 (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 07:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by superswiss
Bump means to bring a thread back up to the top if it hasn't gotten any responses in a while.
Hmmm I see I guess maybe meant to say bummer instead of bump? As in bummer as the picture can't be deleted?
Old 04-09-2023, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 173 Posts
Amg C43
I just wrote bump bc I’ve seen it written before
I could have just done

but Idk what I’m doing
most of the time
🤣
Old 04-09-2023, 09:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

I just wrote bump bc I’ve seen it written before
I could have just done

but Idk what I’m doing
most of the time
🤣
Ah, same... same here as well.
Old 04-13-2023, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG
Voilà - some fresh news. I'm happy to announce that the new Mercedes dealer sorted the issue. I was really doubtful as the previous dealer was not able to fix it, even though I returned 3 times. After explaining the situation to them, they have assigned their master tech directly to work on my car, and a couple of hours later I got a call from them, stating that my car is ready. And indeed, my steering wheel is now sitting perfectly centered while driving straight. Needless to say that I'm super happy as I was driving with an off-centered steering wheel for a (way too) long time.

The master tech explained me the root causes of my crooked steering wheel:
  • The previous dealer removed my steering wheel to verify that it was correctly positioned on the steering shaft. He rechecked himself and was really surprised to see that it was reinstalled by 2 tooth off by the other dealer. This is really unacceptable from an authorized MB dealer to be honest.
  • Another mistake made by the previous dealer is that they did not specify the tyres & tyre threads depth left. He explained me that the MB alignment equipment is taking this into account, and will accordingly recommend slightly different alignment values. I after indeed compared the two alignments reports, and the recommended values for toe/caster/camber/.. are slightly different when providing tyres informations.

Hopefully this will help out other people. And I'm also happy that I went to this other dealer as I finally found out some knowledgeable people that I can trust for the maintenance of my AMG (and future ones...)

Regards,
Thibaut.
Old 04-13-2023, 06:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by thvdevel
Voilà - some fresh news. I'm happy to announce that the new Mercedes dealer sorted the issue. I was really doubtful as the previous dealer was not able to fix it, even though I returned 3 times. After explaining the situation to them, they have assigned their master tech directly to work on my car, and a couple of hours later I got a call from them, stating that my car is ready. And indeed, my steering wheel is now sitting perfectly centered while driving straight. Needless to say that I'm super happy as I was driving with an off-centered steering wheel for a (way too) long time.

The master tech explained me the root causes of my crooked steering wheel:
  • The previous dealer removed my steering wheel to verify that it was correctly positioned on the steering shaft. He rechecked himself and was really surprised to see that it was reinstalled by 2 tooth off by the other dealer. This is really unacceptable from an authorized MB dealer to be honest.
  • Another mistake made by the previous dealer is that they did not specify the tyres & tyre threads depth left. He explained me that the MB alignment equipment is taking this into account, and will accordingly recommend slightly different alignment values. I after indeed compared the two alignments reports, and the recommended values for toe/caster/camber/.. are slightly different when providing tyres informations.

Hopefully this will help out other people. And I'm also happy that I went to this other dealer as I finally found out some knowledgeable people that I can trust for the maintenance of my AMG (and future ones...)

Regards,
Thibaut.
Great news, glad it worked out!
Old 05-11-2023, 10:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

OP, do you mind posting the work order or very least the line where they mentioned the parts, what they did and etc. to find the issue, just realized my car might have this issue Thanks.
Old 05-11-2023, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
OP, do you mind posting the work order or very least the line where they mentioned the parts, what they did and etc. to find the issue, just realized my car might have this issue Thanks.
They simply did a proper wheel alignment, and provided the alignment report afterwards with everything in specs. They also add to re-center the steering wheel as the previous dealer removed it but it was not reinstalled correctly (2 teeth off). If your steering wheel has never been touched ( check if the leather has an opening on each side behind the steering, this is the sign that it has been previously removed), then a simple alignment will make it straight again.

The real problem is to find a knowledgeable shop to do it correctly... good luck!

Be sure to test on a flat road, because if you have a big road crown your steering will never be straight. On a flat road, your steering should be 100% straight however.
Old 05-11-2023, 02:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by thvdevel
They simply did a proper wheel alignment, and provided the alignment report afterwards with everything in specs. They also add to re-center the steering wheel as the previous dealer removed it but it was not reinstalled correctly (2 teeth off). If your steering wheel has never been touched ( check if the leather has an opening on each side behind the steering, this is the sign that it has been previously removed), then a simple alignment will make it straight again.

The real problem is to find a knowledgeable shop to do it correctly... good luck!

Be sure to test on a flat road, because if you have a big road crown your steering will never be straight. On a flat road, your steering should be 100% straight however.
I see, thanks a bunch OP!