Sponsored by:

C43 '17 Software update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2023, 05:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 AMG '17
C43 '17 Software update

Hello guys, 2 weeks ago I went to MB for service B, my car was tuned and obviously I lost my tune (I let them know that the car have modifications and is tuned, but it seems that they don't care), below I will attached the pics from Dealer that states what was updated

Before update with the tune:
The car was pretty quick, on S+ was having massive pops on every shifting UP and was having the "jerky shifting" (the "jerky" was the only thing which I don't like in the car)

After update with the new tune:
I went back to the tuner to remap the car again as he use the old file values to do the new tune, but for some reason the car is slower than before (on 100-200 is noticeable) also I don't have anymore the single pop on shifting UP, the car on S+ doesn't have the "jerky" shifting and you can drive in the city with no problem (is almost like C mode) and I got "cold start" (10min after turned off) and car is warm enough and on S+ I've emotion start

Any idea what could be the reason and why I don't have those single pop when shifting UP (I really miss that..) and how I can remove this "cold start" when the car is already warmed enough (the car still have the pop bangs)

Thanks

Before update

After update

Last edited by kistiyanpetrov; 06-05-2023 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-05-2023, 05:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,654 Likes on 2,257 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by kistiyanpetrov
Hello guys, 2 weeks ago I went to MB for service B, my car was tuned and obviously I lost my tune (I let them know that the car have modifications and is tuned, but it seems that they don't care), below I will attached the pics from Dealer that states what was updated

Before update with the tune:
The car was pretty quick, on S+ was having massive pops on every shifting UP and was having the "jerky shifting" (the "jerky" was the only thing which I don't like in the car)

After update with the new tune:
I went back to the tuner to remap the car again as he use the old file values to do the new tune, but for some reason the car is slower than before (on 100-200 is noticeable) also I don't have anymore the single pop on shifting UP, the car on S+ doesn't have the "jerky" shifting and you can drive in the city with no problem (is almost like C mode) and I got "cold start" (10min after turned off) and car is warm enough and on S+ I've emotion start

Any idea what could be the reason and why I don't have those single pop when shifting UP (I really miss that..) and how I can remove this "cold start" when the car is already warmed enough (the car still have the pop bangs)

Thanks

Before update

After update
"cold start" you mentioned, yup that is the side effect of the update.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...r-updates.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...high-idle.html
Old 06-05-2023, 06:55 PM

C43 AMG '17
Yep I already read them, but apart of the "cold start" is there a way to me removed as I've Downpipes and PE and the car revs like crazy which is not very nice.

Also I want my massive pops on up shifting (not sure why they disappeared)
Old 06-05-2023, 07:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Yep I already read them, but apart of the "cold start" is there a way to me removed as I've Downpipes and PE and the car revs like crazy which is not very nice.

Also I want my massive pops on up shifting (not sure why they disappeared)
Transmission updates or perhaps ME module (ECU) updates as well usually resets the learning behaviour or adaption somewhat, try driving it in sport+ for couple of hundred of miles and see if it comes back, also what brand of gas are you using, shell?

Sometime pops disappears if there is a stored code in the ECU but that also means you will get zero pops, so if you are getting some at least then that is not it. This is still true even if your vehicle is not in any limp mode, the ECU decides when to retard engine timing and throw unburned fuel in the exhaust after all.
Old 06-05-2023, 07:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

That said, could you record a driving sound clip of the pops you are referring to when UP! shifting? The pops and bangs and crackles behaviour didn't change when you downshift right?
Old 06-06-2023, 03:43 AM

C43 AMG '17
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
That said, could you record a driving sound clip of the pops you are referring to when UP! shifting? The pops and bangs and crackles behaviour didn't change when you downshift right?
I will record video today how it is now, I drive only with Shell V Power Racing 100 octane, the pop bangs crackles still have it, just the UP shift bang is missing

Below you can see how it was before the MB update

Before the MB update
Before the MB update
Old 06-06-2023, 11:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

I will record video today how it is now, I drive only with Shell V Power Racing 100 octane, the pop bangs crackles still have it, just the UP shift bang is missing

Below you can see how it was before the MB update

Before the MB update
Before the MB update
Wow the downpipes!

Anyways, waiting to hear your after update video to compare but thanks for sharing the before clips.
Old 06-06-2023, 01:44 PM

C43 AMG '17
Wow the downpipes!

Anyways, waiting to hear your after update video to compare but thanks for sharing the before clips.
I wasn't able to record today an video because of traffic and I found this video and I cut it because the max upload size is 20mb... and this is after the update with the remap, you can hear that the bangs on shift up are missing or barely noticeable.

Also I already did for 2 weeks around 4k km after the update with remap
Attached Files
File Type: mov
RPReplay_Final1686073244.mov (18.86 MB, 94 views)

Last edited by kistiyanpetrov; 06-06-2023 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-06-2023, 07:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

I wasn't able to record today an video because of traffic and I found this video and I cut it because the max upload size is 20mb... and this is after the update with the remap, you can hear that the bangs on shift up are missing or barely noticeable.

Also I already did for 2 weeks around 4k km after the update with remap
Hopefully you are able to record a tunnel run the next day need it to properly compare to your "before" videos.

For what it is worth, If you do a high speed run/launch, it doesn't always bang on up shift at high RPM (but sometimes it will as seen later on the video), here is that video of an autobahn run I am talking about, engine oil temperature also plays a role too, fuel quality we talked about already which you confirmed you are using great quality fuel, anyways here is the video, video was created all the way back in 2017 so before any update.

(skip to 00:45 seconds)
(skip to 3:59 mark of the video for the bang on high speed run you were talking about)

Last but not least, certain tune from what I read on the forums affects the upshift bang as well, given that your tune did not affect the upshift bang prior to the update, maybe the remap was install incorrectly since you are also mentioning the car is slower with the same map?

Let's hear the video from the tunnel run after the update whenever you find a chance.
Old 06-07-2023, 03:56 AM
SPONSOR

Received 843 Likes on 653 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM

updates are free for BenzNinja members
Old 06-07-2023, 04:29 AM

C43 AMG '17
Hopefully you are able to record a tunnel run the next day need it to properly compare to your "before" videos.

For what it is worth, If you do a high speed run/launch, it doesn't always bang on up shift at high RPM (but sometimes it will as seen later on the video), here is that video of an autobahn run I am talking about, engine oil temperature also plays a role too, fuel quality we talked about already which you confirmed you are using great quality fuel, anyways here is the video, video was created all the way back in 2017 so before any update.

(skip to 00:45 seconds) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rffqBg_wFg&t=45s
(skip to 3:59 mark of the video for the bang on high speed run you were talking about) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rffqBg_wFg&t=239s

Last but not least, certain tune from what I read on the forums affects the upshift bang as well, given that your tune did not affect the upshift bang prior to the update, maybe the remap was install incorrectly since you are also mentioning the car is slower with the same map?

Let's hear the video from the tunnel run after the update whenever you find a chance.
I drop you PM with video how it was on high speeds before you will notice the differences
Old 06-07-2023, 04:33 AM

C43 AMG '17
Originally Posted by BenzNinja

updates are free for BenzNinja members
didn't get that mate?
Old 06-07-2023, 04:38 AM
SPONSOR

Received 843 Likes on 653 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
didn't get that mate?
all personal car's firmware updates a free for BenzNinja members

fixes a lot of problems or TSB's
The following users liked this post:
Tallgeese (08-06-2023)
Old 06-07-2023, 06:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

I drop you PM with video how it was on high speeds before you will notice the differences
I saw your video and had replied to you.
Old 06-10-2023, 10:47 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
C43 AMG W205
Any improvement?

This is concerning. I had my tune nerfed once before by the dealer, but EC reloaded it no trouble and the car was the same. I love the idea of fixing the jerky trans in S+, but not at the expense of performance... I am scheduled to go to the dealer next week, and I'm rethinking that...

EDIT: Cancelled dealer. Screw them. Local indy doing the trans fluid. I'll do rest

Last edited by DirtyDD; 06-20-2023 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-10-2023, 11:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by DirtyDD
Any improvement?

This is concerning. I had my tune nerfed once before by the dealer, but EC reloaded it no trouble and the car was the same. I love the idea of fixing the jerky trans in S+, but not at the expense of performance... I am scheduled to go to the dealer next week, and I'm rethinking that...
Do you remember what versions you had updated last time when it was nerfed? Like do you have the printout of the versions. That will also hopefully show us what versions you currently have as well.
Old 06-10-2023, 12:12 PM

C43 AMG '17
Originally Posted by DirtyDD
Any improvement?

Can you grab Xentry from the dealer to compare prev/current version and upload it here please

Also do you saying that after the update you went back to the tuner and after the remap you feel the car as stock and if so give it couple of hundred km, this is what i notice on my car when i get it from the tuner the car still was feeling as stock and not loud as before, now it gets bit better but def not as before..
Old 06-10-2023, 12:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Can you grab Xentry from the dealer to compare prev/current version and upload it here please

Also do you saying that after the update you went back to the tuner and after the remap you feel the car as stock and if so give it couple of hundred km, this is what i notice on my car when i get it from the tuner the car still was feeling as stock and not loud as before, now it gets bit better but def not as before..
Yes, the xentry papers will help us understand it better.
The following users liked this post:
kistiyanpetrov (06-10-2023)
Old 06-15-2023, 06:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Did the sound ever came back?
Old 06-19-2023, 11:22 AM

C43 AMG '17
Did the sound ever came back?
It sounds a bit louder, but still don't have those loud bangs on changing gears (actually have those bangs but when the temp on engine oil is around 80-90) after that the car stay between 99-110 degrees in C.

This week will try to make the mod for the IC pump that will cool constantly to check if will have any impact
Old 06-19-2023, 06:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

It sounds a bit louder, but still don't have those loud bangs on changing gears (actually have those bangs but when the temp on engine oil is around 80-90) after that the car stay between 99-110 degrees in C.

This week will try to make the mod for the IC pump that will cool constantly to check if will have any impact
Wait, so could it be that when the temperatures were at 99-110 to then it still have those loud bangs on changing gears prior to the update, is that what you mean? not sure if I understood you correctly, please correct me if I understood it incorrectly. If so I wonder if your update implemented measures to protect the engine (if the bangs on high engine oil temperature affects it) Hopefully that little mod brings it back in that case.
Old 06-21-2023, 07:06 AM

C43 AMG '17
Wait, so could it be that when the temperatures were at 99-110 to then it still have those loud bangs on changing gears prior to the update, is that what you mean? not sure if I understood you correctly, please correct me if I understood it incorrectly. If so I wonder if your update implemented measures to protect the engine (if the bangs on high engine oil temperature affects it) Hopefully that little mod brings it back in that case.
This is what I see currently when the car is between 90-95C have this bangs almost as before loudest, also yesterday did the mod with the cooling and I can't really say that I see any difference (also I am with BMS intakes which for the summer I don't think is a + for me, at least if I not change the IC with Wagner one) so I am wondering to go back stock Intakes for the summer because $2k at the moment is a bit high price to throw for IC and not sure what will be the impact of it (for sure will be better but don't know how much as here in the summer we get high as 40s C
Old 06-21-2023, 08:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

This is what I see currently when the car is between 90-95C have this bangs almost as before loudest, also yesterday did the mod with the cooling and I can't really say that I see any difference (also I am with BMS intakes which for the summer I don't think is a + for me, at least if I not change the IC with Wagner one) so I am wondering to go back stock Intakes for the summer because $2k at the moment is a bit high price to throw for IC and not sure what will be the impact of it (for sure will be better but don't know how much as here in the summer we get high as 40s C
I see, so we can conclude the update didn't really negatively affect the sound, other than maybe (?) at higher temperatures, Anyways, I hope you are able to figure out why you are not getting full boost (and hopefully someone that has knowledge on this chimes in your thread as well)
Old 06-22-2023, 04:16 AM

C43 AMG '17
I see, so we can conclude the update didn't really negatively affect the sound, other than maybe (?) at higher temperatures, Anyways, I hope you are able to figure out why you are not getting full boost (and hopefully someone that has knowledge on this chimes in your thread as well)
Well really big mess after MB did the update and not sure what is happening, but hope will find way to fix all this mess and get back the car as it was before

In the meantime anyone who read this thread, lastly I notice that i have 3/4th on the boost gauge (amg screen) while I am on full throttle also I checked on the big mid screen the engine data and there was showing full throttle response and the kW & Nm were also at max while the boost gauge didn't go to MAX

If anyone have idea what could be the reason in the meantime i will check for boost leak, just to mention as well the car is with BMS intakes

Thanks all
Old 06-23-2023, 09:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Well really big mess after MB did the update and not sure what is happening, but hope will find way to fix all this mess and get back the car as it was before

In the meantime anyone who read this thread, lastly I notice that i have 3/4th on the boost gauge (amg screen) while I am on full throttle also I checked on the big mid screen the engine data and there was showing full throttle response and the kW & Nm were also at max while the boost gauge didn't go to MAX

If anyone have idea what could be the reason in the meantime i will check for boost leak, just to mention as well the car is with BMS intakes

Thanks all
Hopefully it gets fixed soon

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C43 '17 Software update