C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Owner Manual and Lug Nuts. Should they be there?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2023, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 C43
Owner Manual and Lug Nuts. Should they be there?

I just got the car two weeks ago and unfortunately this is my second post on issues. It is a 2019 C43 CPO and bought from a MB dealer in Scottsdale AZ. The car did not come with an owner's manual, and I was told starting in 2019, MB stopped including owner's manual...sounds like BS to me. Is this true? The car has run flats but did not come with lugs to take them off. It seems to me that they should also be there. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Old 06-07-2023, 08:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2020 C43 AMG Sedan
I got mine in May 2020 brand new from dealer. The car came with owner's manual and lug nut. So it is BS!
Old 06-07-2023, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,933 Likes on 2,628 Posts
2019 C63CS
Yes, comes with owner's manual, but the owner's manuals are available online as well.

https://www.mbusa.com/en/owners/manuals

What do you mean by comes with lugs? Wheels are attached with bolts, not lug nuts. If you mean the tools to change the wheels then no, doesn't come with it. You have to buy your own jack, breaker bar and torque wrench.
Old 06-07-2023, 10:26 PM

2019 C43
I appreciate your response. Here is a definition of lug nuts. "Generally speaking, lug nuts are usually found on automobiles, trucks, and any large vehicles that have rubber tires. Lug nuts may be a small component of your wheels, but they serve a very essential function of ensuring that your tires stay attached to your vehicle. So yes, this is a proper term for them, After doing research, they are supposed to come with the car. I will be visiting the dealer tomorrow and will let you know how it turns out.
Old 06-07-2023, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Oh I know what lug nuts are. But German cars don't use lug nuts. They use wheel bolts.
Old 06-07-2023, 11:47 PM

Received 311 Likes on 237 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by superswiss
Oh I know what lug nuts are. But German cars don't use lug nuts. They use wheel bolts.
This.
Old 06-08-2023, 08:09 AM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
2021 C43 4Matic Wagon
If you mean you should have a lug wrench, then, no, the car does not come with a lug wrench.

Do yourself a favour and buy a good quality X type lug wrench, a torque wrench, and a decent hydraulic floor jack. Sure, you can't take the floor jack on the road, but, at home you're all set.

As for the owner's manual, my 2021 came with, plus there is one build into the Command system, and as previously mentioned, they are online. Each has their purpose, but I like having the physical copy.
Since the car is a CPO, that should have been included.
Old 06-08-2023, 05:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,652 Likes on 2,256 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by pliukait
If you mean you should have a lug wrench, then, no, the car does not come with a lug wrench.

Do yourself a favour and buy a good quality X type lug wrench, a torque wrench, and a decent hydraulic floor jack. Sure, you can't take the floor jack on the road, but, at home you're all set.

As for the owner's manual, my 2021 came with, plus there is one build into the Command system, and as previously mentioned, they are online. Each has their purpose, but I like having the physical copy.
Since the car is a CPO, that should have been included.
Good advice, I would also add get a thin wall one if those exist (I know sockets do have thin wall for example not sure if lug wrench does), less chance of scratching the rims. Haven't scrolled up the thread yet but this might been mentioned already, C 43 sedan tightening torque should be 96 lbft.

Only draw back of physical copy is you can't search keywords but no big deal, just go to the good ol' index. Good to have both for sure.
Old 06-08-2023, 05:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by C43Joe
I just got the car two weeks ago and unfortunately this is my second post on issues. It is a 2019 C43 CPO and bought from a MB dealer in Scottsdale AZ. The car did not come with an owner's manual, and I was told starting in 2019, MB stopped including owner's manual...sounds like BS to me. Is this true? The car has run flats but did not come with lugs to take them off. It seems to me that they should also be there. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Like others mentioned, CPO should include owner's manual if the previous owner misplaced it. Otherwise when the vehicle was new I think the VPC supplied the vehicle the owner's manual? Does your car have wheel locks? If so, you should also have a set of spare lug bolts in the trunk as well as well as the key.
Old 06-08-2023, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Like others mentioned, CPO should include owner's manual if the previous owner misplaced it. Otherwise when the vehicle was new I think the VPC supplied the vehicle the owner's manual? Does your car have wheel locks? If so, you should also have a set of spare lug bolts in the trunk as well as well as the key.
The owner's manual is supplied by the factory. When I did ED everything was in the car already including the owner's manual. I had to remove all loose items when dropping off the car, so I carried the owner's manual in my luggage. The VPC didn't throw in another one. It's a little different when doing ED that the car has to be empty when it gets shipped as it is already in personal possession and may get searched for contraband, and customs may remove anything that isn't bolted to the car. When buying used it's not uncommon for stuff like that to be missing. May not even have all keys. Not sure CPO is required to add all the missing pieces back. A used car is still sold as-is, even if CPO.

Last edited by superswiss; 06-08-2023 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-10-2023, 09:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

The owner's manual is supplied by the factory. When I did ED everything was in the car already including the owner's manual. I had to remove all loose items when dropping off the car, so I carried the owner's manual in my luggage. The VPC didn't throw in another one. It's a little different when doing ED that the car has to be empty when it gets shipped as it is already in personal possession and may get searched for contraband, and customs may remove anything that isn't bolted to the car. When buying used it's not uncommon for stuff like that to be missing. May not even have all keys. Not sure CPO is required to add all the missing pieces back. A used car is still sold as-is, even if CPO.
I see, so what exactly does the VPC do other than repairs of damages during transportation?
Old 06-10-2023, 10:43 AM

2019 C43
Here is how it ended up

The dealership did provide the owner's manual, without the case of course, and the lug wrench was a no go. The lug wrench was a no since it was not "originally" with the car. Thanks all for your input.
Old 06-10-2023, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
I see, so what exactly does the VPC do other than repairs of damages during transportation?
That's basically it. They are doing a final quality check and restore the car to factory conditions if there are any damages. Also, they install the port installed options such as the wheel locks and Homelink mirror, and occasionally they install missing parts if there was a shortage at the factory and install last minute software updates. My car spent several weeks at the VPC, because I had some damages. I had slightly scratched the rear bumper in a tight parking lot and curbed the front right wheel. They fixed both of those and also restored the front bumper since they drilled holes in the bumper in Germany to attach the mandatory front license plate.

Old 06-10-2023, 12:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

That's basically it. They are doing a final quality check and restore the car to factory conditions if there are any damages. Also, they install the port installed options such as the wheel locks and Homelink mirror, and occasionally they install missing parts if there was a shortage at the factory and install last minute software updates. My car spent several weeks at the VPC, because I had some damages. I had slightly scratched the rear bumper in a tight parking lot and curbed the front right wheel. They fixed both of those and also restored the front bumper since they drilled holes in the bumper in Germany to attach the mandatory front license plate.

https://youtu.be/ERb26H7iu8c
Thank you for the video, I always thought VPC includes regional stuff like owner's manual for that market, warranty information, tire information (those tire brochures from tire manufacturers) and those service manuals (booklet) for that year of vehicle. I even thought they were the ones that toss the collapsible crate and the first aid kits but from what you mentioned (and your personal experience) looks like they really only are in charge of those wheel locks, was interesting to hear they also install mirrors though.