Sponsored by:

2023 C43 Coupe Tire/Wheel Choices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2023, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 C43 AMG Coupe
2023 C43 Coupe Tire/Wheel Choices

Picking up my new coupe on Wednesday. My first Mercedes and first new car in 10 years. After doing a lot of research on these forums and other places, it seems like the tires/rims are one of the big points on this car stock.

From the dealership the car is coming with 19" 5-spoke Aero Runflats. The dealership is offering tire and rim warranty for CAD $2700 (!!).

I'm debating between the following options, any advice or experience would be great:

1) Keep the dealership wheels and opt for the warranty, dealing with any issues if and when they come up.

2) After I get the car, get 19" non-runflat (e.g. Michelin Pilot Sport) tires put on as soon as possible. This will be about CAD ~$1400 (I will also be getting winter tires put on in a couple months).

3) Ask the dealership to put on 18" wheels and tires (not sure if this is an option at all) or get them put on aftermarket. Apparently these offer a better ride and are more durable/reliable (tire and rim), however I imagine the cost will come out to be the same as the warranty (?).

I'm leaning towards option #2 but wanted to ask this forum in case I'm missing something. What would you do in this position?