Fuel injector replacement, help please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2024, 12:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 C43
Fuel injector replacement, help please.

2018 C43
I’m trying to remove the fuel rail and the service manual says I need to remove the crash plate pictured below

it says first I need to detach charge air cooler, then rotate engine crankshaft center bolt in direction of engine rotation, before I remove the crash plate. is this all even necessary? I’ve already let the pressure out the two rails and disconnected the flexible fuel line thing (long day sorry don’t have manual w me rn)

Last edited by Rickcross; 05-24-2024 at 12:48 AM.
Old 05-24-2024, 06:14 PM

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts
2015 C400 4MATIC Palladium Silver Metallic
Originally Posted by Rickcross
2018 C43
I’m trying to remove the fuel rail and the service manual says I need to remove the crash plate pictured below

it says first I need to detach charge air cooler, then rotate engine crankshaft center bolt in direction of engine rotation, before I remove the crash plate. is this all even necessary? I’ve already let the pressure out the two rails and disconnected the flexible fuel line thing (long day sorry don’t have manual w me rn)
Those directions sound much more like what is required to remove the high pressure fuel pump.

That large hex fitting at the rear of the fuel rail *should* be the only connection required for removal.
Old 06-01-2024, 11:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 C43
Originally Posted by TwoC400s
Those directions sound much more like what is required to remove the high pressure fuel pump.

That large hex fitting at the rear of the fuel rail *should* be the only connection required for removal.
Your %100 right. In the service manual, the only directions for removing the crash plate were in the steps for removing the high pressure fuel pump, it took me forever to realize so. I did have to remove the crash plate to get to loosen the fuel lines but got the job done. Unfortunately still misfiring after doing all plugs three times , all coils twice and now the injectors. Eurocharged is now offering to mail me a check valve piece for free to attempt to fix it because I’ve had it diagnosed by them literally 6+ times and had them do everything until they just kept throwing parts at me, of course quoted 4k for injectors and it wouldn’t of even worked anyways lol.

Last edited by Rickcross; 06-01-2024 at 11:39 PM.