Sponsored by:

“Brakes” light issue on dash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2024, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG
“Brakes” light issue on dash

Hello, I was driving today and randomly the “Brake” light on the dash came on and it said on the main screen to check my brake pads, what would be common causes for this? I just bought the car two weeks ago and the brakes seem fine, any suggestions?

2019 C43 AMG
Old 06-07-2024, 07:46 AM

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
2019 C43 Wagon
If it's driving fine and you are getting the pad warning, that will be the sensor giving you advance notice that either the front or rear brake pads are getting close to end of life.
If it's a 2019, it's definitely in the age range for a pad replacement.

The good news is the sensor gives you some advance notice to take care of it, source parts, book it in, etc; instead of finding out when the pad is fully worn and making a racket but not much stopping power - so you have a few weeks or months to deal with it, you just need to live with the warning until you do.

Depending on the wheel style you can take a peek at the pads to determine if it's the fronts or backs - backs are fairly visible, fronts are trickier without the wheel off
The following users liked this post:
EuroPaca (06-07-2024)
Old 06-07-2024, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Silverbird
If it's driving fine and you are getting the pad warning, that will be the sensor giving you advance notice that either the front or rear brake pads are getting close to end of life.
If it's a 2019, it's definitely in the age range for a pad replacement.

The good news is the sensor gives you some advance notice to take care of it, source parts, book it in, etc; instead of finding out when the pad is fully worn and making a racket but not much stopping power - so you have a few weeks or months to deal with it, you just need to live with the warning until you do.

Depending on the wheel style you can take a peek at the pads to determine if it's the fronts or backs - backs are fairly visible, fronts are trickier without the wheel off

ah I see this makes sense, when I got it it already has the red stuff brakes on it so I’ll probably just need to get another set of those soon and get them replaced, thanks for letting me know!
Old 06-07-2024, 07:10 PM

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
2019 C43 Wagon
Just check if it's front or rear, the car has a sensor on both ends, it could be either that triggered (or the other could be close behind)