MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Perf. Pkg Upgraded Speed (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/257323-perf-pkg-upgraded-speed.html)

scarbrtj 08-19-2008 08:25 AM

Perf. Pkg Upgraded Speed

Just to let you guys know...

I got a C63 with a performance package. Of course, found out later (on this forum) that it came with only the LSD and upgraded speed.

Well, guess what, upgraded speed is not on there either. Just got it confirmed electronically today.

(On top of that, my MB dealer is not giving me a refund right now either, says the money has not come to them from MBUSA... but that's another post :))

Looks like somebody is trying to pull a fast one. So, I suggest to you to get it confirmed that you're getting what you paid for because MB wants to charge you like $1250 for this upgraded speed feature.

gsrjc 08-19-2008 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by scarbrtj (Post 3005319)

I got a C63 with a performance package. Of course, found out later (on this forum) that it came with only the LSD and upgraded speed.

Well, guess what, upgraded speed is not on there either. Just got it confirmed electronically today.

(On top of that, my MB dealer is not giving me a refund right now either, says the money has not come to them from MBUSA... but that's another post :))

Looks like somebody is trying to pull a fast one. So, I suggest to you to get it confirmed that you're getting what you paid for because MB wants to charge you like $1250 for this upgraded speed feature.

how did you confirm it electronically?

dlbello 08-19-2008 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by scarbrtj (Post 3005319)

+1 YES How did you confirm? :confused:

gravedgr 08-19-2008 11:14 AM

Dyno?

scarbrtj 08-19-2008 07:40 PM

I took it to the dealer. I told them I wanted to confirm I had LSD and speed upgrade.

The story they told me is, yes, I have LSD. The only way I know to check that myself is to burn rubber and check two equal tire tracks. I laid best tire tracks I could and seems I have LSD. And, dealer says I do (wish there was an even more straightforward way to check... is there a sticker on the car or window or something?). And they told me they were on the phone to Germany but it's going to take MB sending them a CD or something. So, once the CD gets here they're going to do reprogramming and get the 174 mph upgrade.

And, I got a check for $1540 today from the dealer.

Derek@DRI 08-19-2008 08:12 PM

CD? Burn me a copy lol

gsrjc 08-19-2008 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Derek@DRI (Post 3006601)
CD? Burn me a copy lol

yeah, if you could get that CD, you could make so much $$$$$$$.

lukep6470 08-20-2008 02:02 AM

The traditional way to check for an LSD (I don't know if this works for MB):

Jack the car up until both wheels are in the air and put it in Neutral. Spin one wheel. If the other wheel spins in the same direction the diff is limited slip. If it spins in the opposite direction it isn't.

Untertürkheim 08-20-2008 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Derek@DRI (Post 3006601)
CD? Burn me a copy lol

This CD sounds like BS, the speed limiter can be programmed in the ECU, I have never heard of any CD.

This sounds like a good story for "our techs are still figuring out how to do that"

AMG Dictator 08-20-2008 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by scarbrtj (Post 3006557)
I took it to the dealer. I told them I wanted to confirm I had LSD and speed upgrade.

The story they told me is, yes, I have LSD. The only way I know to check that myself is to burn rubber and check two equal tire tracks. I laid best tire tracks I could and seems I have LSD. And, dealer says I do (wish there was an even more straightforward way to check... is there a sticker on the car or window or something?). And they told me they were on the phone to Germany but it's going to take MB sending them a CD or something. So, once the CD gets here they're going to do reprogramming and get the 174 mph upgrade.

And, I got a check for $1540 today from the dealer.

Is this some kind of joke?

I can leave two burn out marks everywhere I go and I do not have a LSD in mine. The LSD really doesn't add anything for you in a straight line. Did they offer to pay for your tires?

Did your car have an additional sticker in the top left of the windshield telling you to change the differential fluid around 1800 miles? Sometimes the dealers take these off but if it had it I think it is a good bet that you have a LSD.

How exactly did they tell you to check the speed delimitation? Try to fit 174 running across their parking lot?

I could only imaging showing up to the dealership as they had my car out back doing a massive burnout with smoke everywhere.

"Hey John, what are you doing with my car? Oh, just checking to see if it has a LSD......" Oh ok, of course.

Is it April 1st?

scarbrtj 08-20-2008 06:44 PM

well I didn't have an "LSD sticker." I wonder... did any of you other C63 owners have the sticker, with known (or unknown!) LSDs?

jimlauden 08-20-2008 11:03 PM

my 09 c63 has the performance pkg version 2.0 and the lsd sticker is in place under the break in sticker

hawtheric1 08-20-2008 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by jimlauden (Post 3008707)
my 09 c63 has the performance pkg version 2.0 and the lsd sticker is in place under the break in sticker

Pics, pics, pics!!!

Ron Scarboro 08-21-2008 05:42 AM

Break-in Sticker

Originally Posted by jimlauden (Post 3008707)

+1

I have PP "light" and had the sticker. Though I am worried I don't have the speed delimiter given the other threads.

Shodan01 08-24-2008 09:45 AM

I would be curious too since I thought it was a bit steep of an upgrade and the only reason I got it was since it was the only one there was.