C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you do when you meet an M3, IS F, or RS4 on the road?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by Jeffield
Sorry they are not Neon's

Please get your facts and details straight before you pretend that you actually know something.
I don't care if its kryptonite, they look ridiculous and are more commonly found on hondas. Not to mention, didn't I say "leds or whatever", which would accurately describe these lights.

Lets not get into a battle of wits about automotive knowledge, because thats one you are guaranteed to lose.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
Originally Posted by Sincity
Oliverk has valid points about streetracing and why not to do it. I too, have seen what happens to the cars that ph*uc*k up in a street race with all the blood inside of them. It is not a pretty sight nor does it smell too good in the summer if there is brain matter splattered in the back and the coroner didn't clean it all up.

But IMO, Sebring just brought up a topic for conversation. He has a family and a career and I doubt he will do anything to endanger that.
Thanks for that, Sincity. When you pop by next month, you'll see that I actually drive very conservatively and my zero-accident driving history (over 26 years) would probably attest also to my relatively moderate on-road behaviour. It doesn't mean that I don't know how to appreciate a well-engineered high-performance car though. Just that I think I'm experienced enough to know what I can and cannot do, and when I should be doing (or not doing) certain things.

Now can SOMEONE please post an on-topic reply???

(Edit: LOL, I hadn't noticed this is the 6th page already, and so far, I think there have been 4 on-topic replies. Gotta love MBWorld.)

Last edited by SebringSilver; 04-09-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:07 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
Originally Posted by Oliverk
I don't care if its kryptonite, they look ridiculous and are more commonly found on hondas. Not to mention, didn't I say "leds or whatever", which would accurately describe these lights.

Lets not get into a battle of wits about automotive knowledge, because thats one you are guaranteed to lose.
Rofl i dont give a **** about what you say, the Brabus lights are nice, if you dont know anything about what they are then shut up.

You are freaking retarded

Go re-read everyone of your posts you do realize you are contridicting your self.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Originally Posted by SebringSilver

Now can SOMEONE please post an on-topic reply???

(Edit: LOL, I hadn't noticed this is the 6th page already, and so far, I think there have been 4 on-topic replies. Gotta love MBWorld.)
SS, you started a hot topic!

OK so, I will try not to make this one so "cockily-written" as my other replies have been (since I SWEAR I am not a cokk in "real life", just trying to keep up my "internet persona" ya know!) But... tonight I finally went toe-to-toe with an M3 on city streets as I neared home...

We had been checking each other out, playing coy, playing it cool. Being "gentlemen" as we motored down the road Finally, our moment arrived. By chance we both ended up at the line at a stoplight. I looked over and smiled and gave him the thumbs up. He at first looked shocked at my attempt to communicate. Then he made some hand motions... looked like a friendly guy. I rolled down my window and said "how do you like your M3?" I can't remember his response, I was only thinking of this thread which has consumed me for the last 24 hours (dang you, Sebring!) so the next words out of my mouth were "I guess we're supposed to street race now" and I laughed. Then I said "you go ahead, and I'll listen to your exhaust" The light turned green... he must have had DCT cuz I noticed he was a little slow off the line... then he took off like MAD. The M3 sounded sweet of course I hung back and took off like the plebe that I am.... I stayed within the speed limit but had no chance of catching him... because he must have been going 80mph! I pushed it up past the legal limit but within reason to try to catch him, but it was no use. He made the next light well before I got there. So I never saw him again.

HD
Old 04-10-2009, 01:44 AM

C63
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck

OK so, I will try not to make this one so "cockily-written" as my other replies have been (since I SWEAR I am not a cokk in "real life", just trying to keep up my "internet persona" ya know!) But... tonight I finally went toe-to-toe with an M3 on city streets as I neared home...

We had been checking each other out, playing coy, playing it cool. Being "gentlemen" as we motored down the road Finally, our moment arrived. By chance we both ended up at the line at a stoplight. I looked over and smiled and gave him the thumbs up. He at first looked shocked at my attempt to communicate. Then he made some hand motions... looked like a friendly guy. I rolled down my window and said "how do you like your M3?" I can't remember his response, I was only thinking of this thread which has consumed me for the last 24 hours (dang you, Sebring!) so the next words out of my mouth were "I guess we're supposed to street race now" and I laughed. Then I said "you go ahead, and I'll listen to your exhaust" The light turned green... he must have had DCT cuz I noticed he was a little slow off the line... then he took off like MAD. The M3 sounded sweet of course I hung back and took off like the plebe that I am.... I stayed within the speed limit but had no chance of catching him... because he must have been going 80mph! I pushed it up past the legal limit but within reason to try to catch him, but it was no use. He made the next light well before I got there. So I never saw him again.

HD
is this part a joke or something?
Old 04-10-2009, 02:14 AM

What I like!
Originally Posted by wuyichao

nope. Truth is stranger than fiction.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Rofl i dont give a **** about what you say, the Brabus lights are nice, if you dont know anything about what they are then shut up.

You are freaking retarded

Go re-read everyone of your posts you do realize you are contridicting your self.
honestly, don't you have some social studies homework you need to be doing or something?
Old 04-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Ape

2004 TL; 2004 S2000; 2009 C63; 2009 ML350
I have had no chance to really play with anyone since I had the car (4k miles). Anytime I see a M3 Z06, etc I am usually sitting in traffic. The only ones that ever want to play are young guys in Civics or Mustangs and usually they want to do it in congested areas which I will not do.
I did come across a E63 yesterday on the way home but when I pulled along side I saw it was being driven by a woman who was on the cell phone and had the backseat piled high with all kinds of crap (looked like she maybe was on vacation). Did not even get her to look over, she was really into that phone call. I also had a chance lat week with a Z06 but the guy was older and would not play at all, he kept to the speed limit and then got off at an exit not to far after I came across him.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck

HD
That must have been quite a sight, your C63 and his M3 lined up next to each other. I love it when stuff like that happens.

As a matter of fact, the very same thing happened to me last night. I went out with a few other friends for an evening cruise to the airport with the intention of taking some photos under the beautiful night sky (we had a full moon, in case anyone failed to notice). On the way there, within city limits, we of course adhered strictly to the posted speed limit, which is 50 km/h in this part of North America. But none of us expected that as we neared the on ramp to the highway that we would stumble upon a brand new white E92 M3!

Because a few of the friends who accompanied me on this drive were also driving their M3s (albeit older ones), the driver of the E92 took notice of our small entourage and it was relatively easy to do something similar to what you did, which was to roll down the window and engage in a bit of dialogue. As expected, given that he's behind the wheel of one of the premier sports coupes in the world, he too was a bit of a connoisseur of fine cars, so my invitation to him to join in on our little cruise to the airport met with little resistance.

When we arrived as a group at the airport parking lot, we introduced ourselves and shared information about our respective cars, making a new friend in the process.

During the highway drive, we did have a chance to bring the cars up to a slightly higher speed, but certainly nothing that would be deemed dangerously fast. In no way were we weaving (wow, that's 5 W-words in a row if you count the "wow") in and out of traffic. It was just a fun drive, and the weather was great. I wish that sort of thing happened more often.

P.S. Your posts are never "cockily" written. They're always eloquent and impactful.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:05 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by 1st amg
bluert, your right, all ways on the lookout for the cops. Thats why for the highway drives I have a radar detector, I have had quite a few over the years, my first one was back in 1988 I think, but they have saved me many many times. The laws here in Ontario are brutal, where are you in Ontario?
What kind of a Radar do you use? I am really interested.. the damn POPOs here are always on my tail whenever I am on the highway!
Old 04-10-2009, 05:51 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
honestly, don't you have some social studies homework you need to be doing or something?
Because you cant argue the point that you are contridiciting your self, you have to ignore it and try to insult me in a different manner?

You fail at life, no one likes you, and everyone hopes you get hit by a bus good bye.

If i was in NJ and I saw your YAH S class, you would not be having a S class anymore.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:10 PM

09' C63 AMG
LOL was thinking the same thing like WTF???

Old 04-10-2009, 06:13 PM

09' C63 AMG
Because you cant argue the point that you are contridiciting your self, you have to ignore it and try to insult me in a different manner?

You fail at life, no one likes you, and everyone hopes you get hit by a bus good bye.

If i was in NJ and I saw your YAH S class, you would not be having a S class anymore.
LOL, I like where ya heads at...
Old 04-10-2009, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos

Ok, I wasn't going to belabor the point, but since you seem a little dense, I will for your benefit.

I'm all for driving a sporty car in the manner in which it was designed. However, I only do so when there are no innocent people around. In addition, during these porsche drives, I hardly ever take the car to its limits because I realize thats not safe on the street. When you deal with powerful cars with high levels of grip, the limits are so high the only place they should really be tested is the track. This way, if something happens, the only one I injure/kill is myself. I also don't race people, because hp, addrenalin, and ego are an extremely dangerous combination.

You can drive aggressively without being dangerous. Street racing on the other hand is dangerous about 99.9% of the time, and not just to yourself.

clear enough? And can you please learn to spell? CONTRADICTING. Its not that hard.

I fail at life? Lets see, good job? check. education? check. financial security? check. Wonderful friends and gf? check. great parents and family? check.

Try another one junior

Now you (and apparently everyone else) wants me to get hit by a bus simply because I disagree about street racing and ugly underbody lights? Heres a hint, you act your age, and when people you know have died due to automotive accidents, I doubt you would ever wish that upon anyone.

So if you saw my S-class you would do what? steal it? burn it to the ground? what? Aren't you billy badass all of a sudden. Since when did a little kid from Vancouver get so tough. Sad that your parents didn't give you any sense along with those four expensive cars.

Not to mention, I have insurance. You steal it, burn it, whatever, my insurance company gives me some cash, and I go buy another one.

Lets face it kid, you're out of your league in this contest. I think my disagreements with everyone else have been at least mostly civil, whereas you have crossed over into being retarded. Enjoy it, because at some point you will have to grow up.

Last edited by Quadcammer; 04-10-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:49 PM

08' C350, Toyota Tundra
I only fool around when I am alone in the car, when my girls is in the car she starts buggin out crazy...I was in my turbo E46 when I ran across a C63 that wanted to play....figured my mom was in the car DAM!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by nychokeyplaya35
I only fool around when I am alone in the car, when my girls is in the car she starts buggin out crazy...I was in my turbo E46 when I ran across a C63 that wanted to play....figured my mom was in the car DAM!!!!
I'm a much more conservative driver when my wife is in the car. When I've let it rip before with her in the C63 she always says things like "I think we are airborne" and "I think that cop wants you to pull over" and "that man you hit looks pretty hurt."

Can't win with her.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:02 PM

09 C63 K2
Oliver, can you show your respect to reader of this forum the same way as you do to other drivers?
How it would be look like if I go to Yaris forum and start constantly saying is that that car is crap? We got your point. But reading not related to the subject, repeating long comments is a waste of time. You are welcome to start your own thread and anybody interested will be ready to discuss.
I am reading it because I am proud to own C63 and want to share it with other people. Do you have anything positive to say to forum readers and C63 owners?

I had a chance to ride alone with Z350, keeping speed not much higher than the limit. As soon as I got good traction, it was left somewhere behind. The guy did not want to try it again.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:06 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
Ok, I wasn't going to belabor the point, but since you seem a little dense, I will for your benefit.

I'm all for driving a sporty car in the manner in which it was designed. However, I only do so when there are no innocent people around. In addition, during these porsche drives, I hardly ever take the car to its limits because I realize thats not safe on the street. When you deal with powerful cars with high levels of grip, the limits are so high the only place they should really be tested is the track. This way, if something happens, the only one I injure/kill is myself. I also don't race people, because hp, addrenalin, and ego are an extremely dangerous combination.

You can drive aggressively without being dangerous. Street racing on the other hand is dangerous about 99.9% of the time, and not just to yourself.

clear enough? And can you please learn to spell? CONTRADICTING. Its not that hard.

I fail at life? Lets see, good job? check. education? check. financial security? check. Wonderful friends and gf? check. great parents and family? check.

Try another one junior

Now you (and apparently everyone else) wants me to get hit by a bus simply because I disagree about street racing and ugly underbody lights? Heres a hint, you act your age, and when people you know have died due to automotive accidents, I doubt you would ever wish that upon anyone.

So if you saw my S-class you would do what? steal it? burn it to the ground? what? Aren't you billy badass all of a sudden. Since when did a little kid from Vancouver get so tough. Sad that your parents didn't give you any sense along with those four expensive cars.

Not to mention, I have insurance. You steal it, burn it, whatever, my insurance company gives me some cash, and I go buy another one.

Lets face it kid, you're out of your league in this contest. I think my disagreements with everyone else have been at least mostly civil, whereas you have crossed over into being retarded. Enjoy it, because at some point you will have to grow up.

I got a question for you, what do you classify as street racing then?

Everyone has their own point of view of street racing... and we dont think this is street racing so why dont you take your **** elsewhere because no one gives a **** about what you say.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:07 PM

2009 C63 AMG, 2013 ML350 BlueTec, 2012 VW GLI
Can't this guy (OlivJerK) just get banned like I did from the IS-F Forum. All I did was pick the username C63WillEatYouAlive and got banned. I was just joking around and they banned me. You guys are a lot more forgiving than they are.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:42 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Morro
Can't this guy (OlivJerK) just get banned like I did from the IS-F Forum. All I did was pick the username C63WillEatYouAlive and got banned. I was just joking around and they banned me. You guys are a lot more forgiving than they are.
you picked the wrong username pal

If you create it as "ISFwilleatC63Alive", then i think you will be treated like a royal there.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:43 PM

C63
can we stop jacking OP's thread? create another thread if you want.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Morro
Well, the folks here (users and moderators alike) seem pretty tolerant, which is part of the reason why MBWorld is great. Besides, Oliver hasn't breached any posting rules, so why ban him? He's entitled to an opinion just like anyone else here. Other users who don't like what he has to say have the option of ignoring him.

That the IS F forum where you registered a provocative user name banned you because of the chosen handle does seem excessive.

Last edited by SebringSilver; 04-10-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:02 PM

2009 C63 AMG, 2013 ML350 BlueTec, 2012 VW GLI
Cool Dah!

you picked the wrong username pal

If you create it as "ISFwilleatC63Alive", then i think you will be treated like a royal there.
No kidding, that was the whole joke!!!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 12:19 AM

What I like!
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
That must have been quite a sight, your C63 and his M3 lined up next to each other. I love it when stuff like that happens.

As a matter of fact, the very same thing happened to me last night. I went out with a few other friends for an evening cruise to the airport with the intention of taking some photos under the beautiful night sky (we had a full moon, in case anyone failed to notice). On the way there, within city limits, we of course adhered strictly to the posted speed limit, which is 50 km/h in this part of North America. But none of us expected that as we neared the on ramp to the highway that we would stumble upon a brand new white E92 M3!

Because a few of the friends who accompanied me on this drive were also driving their M3s (albeit older ones), the driver of the E92 took notice of our small entourage and it was relatively easy to do something similar to what you did, which was to roll down the window and engage in a bit of dialogue. As expected, given that he's behind the wheel of one of the premier sports coupes in the world, he too was a bit of a connoisseur of fine cars, so my invitation to him to join in on our little cruise to the airport met with little resistance.

When we arrived as a group at the airport parking lot, we introduced ourselves and shared information about our respective cars, making a new friend in the process.

During the highway drive, we did have a chance to bring the cars up to a slightly higher speed, but certainly nothing that would be deemed dangerously fast. In no way were we weaving (wow, that's 5 W-words in a row if you count the "wow") in and out of traffic. It was just a fun drive, and the weather was great. I wish that sort of thing happened more often.

P.S. Your posts are never "cockily" written. They're always eloquent and impactful.
What a great story! It all falls into place when we meet a like-minded enthusiast on the road. We just "get it" and don't need to prove who's got the faster car because we know that's not really what it's all about. It ends up that way at the track as well. Everyone I know says "it's the people" and the camraderie that brings them back... it's not about "who wins" ... (although it is nice to have a faster lap time for purpose of smack talk over beers!)

Thanks for your compliment. I am just trying to keep up with the standard that you and others have set This board gets better and better.... !

Last edited by Hans Delbruck; 04-11-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:26 AM

09' C63 AMG
I got a question for you, what do you classify as street racing then?

Everyone has their own point of view of street racing... and we dont think this is street racing so why dont you take your **** elsewhere because no one gives a **** about what you say.
+1

I don’t give a rat's A$$ what anyone thinks, I LOVE that adrenalin and excitement of racing street or track, safe or not. It’s my choice and I don’t give a Fuuuuuuuk…

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you do when you meet an M3, IS F, or RS4 on the road?