C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you do when you meet an M3, IS F, or RS4 on the road?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
What do you do when you meet an M3, IS F, or RS4 on the road?

I'm just curious...what do other C63 drivers do when they by chance come across its direct rivals out in the real world. Do you rev it hard and blow by them? Do you slow down to get a better look (and let others get a better look as well)? Or do you just pretend it's no big deal and go on your merry way?

I tend to slow down a bit to see what the driver looks like. If the driver looks a bit high on him/herself, I might rev my car a little to announce that I'm there, and see if they take note. If it's someone who seems preoccupied with things other than his/her own car, I won't bother them (I'm often thinking about work-related matters when I'm at the wheel too, so I know what it's like).

Since these four cars aren't exactly at every street corner, I always feel it's a bit of a special occasion when I do find one out in the wild. Thoughts, anyone?

(P.S. Feel free to also include other AMGs, M5s, CTS-Vs, and other such cars in this discussion.)
Old 04-07-2009, 10:10 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 AMG C43
Ill consider myself your(C63) little brother and jump in here...

I always downshift a gear or two in an attempt to get their attention, why not? I mean hell if I wasn't into a "go fast car" then I would have bought a C320 and been just as happy.

It's nice to see a fellow AMG, M3/5, RS, etc driver have a little fun every once in a while with their cars that they paid a hefty premium for over the normal model.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Mr. Special
Ill consider myself your(C63) little brother and jump in here...

I always downshift a gear or two in an attempt to get their attention, why not? I mean hell if I wasn't into a "go fast car" then I would have bought a C320 and been just as happy.

It's nice to see a fellow AMG, M3/5, RS, etc driver have a little fun every once in a while with their cars that they paid a hefty premium for over the normal model.
Have you ever come across someone driving one of those cars who steadfastly refuse to play regardless of how much provocation you invoke?
Old 04-07-2009, 10:12 PM

STi
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
I'm just curious...what do other C63 drivers do when they by chance come across its direct rivals out in the real world. Do you rev it hard and blow by them? Do you slow down to get a better look (and let others get a better look as well)? Or do you just pretend it's no big deal and go on your merry way?

I tend to slow down a bit to see what the driver looks like. If the driver looks a bit high on him/herself, I might rev my car a little to announce that I'm there, and see if they take note. If it's someone who seems preoccupied with things other than his/her own car, I won't bother them (I'm often thinking about work-related matters when I'm at the wheel too, so I know what it's like).

Since these four cars aren't exactly at every street corner, I always feel it's a bit of a special occasion when I do find one out in the wild. Thoughts, anyone?

(P.S. Feel free to also include other AMGs, M5s, CTS-Vs, and other such cars in this discussion.)
Acknowledge their rides with a nod. Anything but reved at them, only kids with their Japanese does that no?
Old 04-07-2009, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by bluert
Acknowledge their rides with a nod. Anything but reved at them, only kids with their Japanese does that no?
LOL

Well, I don't know if they all have the same amazing peripheral vision that I have, but I can pretty much identify the car next to me without having to turn my head too much. And if they are indeed also able to do that, I think that would explain why they invariably tend to keep looking straight ahead as though they don't see me.

Y'know, I don't mean I'm revving my engine hard to be obnoxious or anything, but simply a blip on the throttle. I hope that isn't too juvenile! Heh heh...
Old 04-07-2009, 10:17 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 AMG C43
Have you ever come across someone driving one of those cars who steadfastly refuse to play regardless of how much provocation you invoke?
I tend not to provoke too much, if they want to play I let them initiate past me downshifting a gear.

But yep.. especially where I live with all the spoiled housewives driving AMGs 5mph under the speed limit.... lame as hell
Old 04-07-2009, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Mr. Special
I tend not to provoke too much, if they want to play I let them initiate past me downshifting a gear.

But yep.. especially where I live with all the spoiled housewives driving AMGs 5mph under the speed limit.... lame as hell
Oh, tell me about it. I saw a brand spanking new SL63 the other day. Looked stunning in white too. The nice little lady driving it had it pegged at 45 km/h the whole time...on a single lane road...with me behind her!

I now realize what AMG stands for....All Mighty God, because that's the only power that be that could have moved her out of the way!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a durr
I give them a thumbs up and go on my way since a lot of the time I am urgently trying to get somewhere. Horsepower doesn't work when there are many redlights =(
Old 04-07-2009, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by yooker
I give them a thumbs up and go on my way since a lot of the time I am urgently trying to get somewhere. Horsepower doesn't work when there are many redlights =(
Wait...you mean you don't drive around aimlessly like the rest of us?
Old 04-07-2009, 10:36 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
Hahaha

I often make them play with me i rev look at them and just try to see if they play if not
i will just speed off

if they stare at me like they are the Shiiiit then i cut em off

If they race

I eat them alive
Old 04-07-2009, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Jeffield
Hahaha

I often make them play with me i rev look at them and just try to see if they play if not
i will just speed off

if they stare at me like they are the Shiiiit then i cut em off

If they race

I eat them alive
Now, now, you don't want to do anything silly in that car on public roads. Remember: With great power comes great responsibility.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:46 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
Now, now, you don't want to do anything silly in that car on public roads. Remember: With great power comes great responsibility.
True , every corner i seem to do it , so many nice cars in richmond

but people stare!!!

GRRRRR
Old 04-07-2009, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Jeffield
True , every corner i seem to do it , so many nice cars in richmond

but people stare!!!

GRRRRR
Why not try playing it cool and just see if someone else tries to provoke you instead of you taking all the initiative?

I hope you're not trying to prod every single G35 or Audi A4 out there.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:02 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
Why not try playing it cool and just see if someone else tries to provoke you instead of you taking all the initiative?

I hope you're not trying to prod every single G35 or Audi A4 out there.

Nah G37S

or the ones that has SKYLINE on it

they call me out usually :P

but i play around with M3's usually
Old 04-07-2009, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
I guess I'm the punk here. I to rite next to then then in front so they know and the slow down and wait then get next to then and floor it. (I did this to a z06 c6 they guy don't know what hit him I guess he thought it was stock haha)
Old 04-08-2009, 12:16 AM

none
Originally Posted by mthis
I guess I'm the punk here. I to rite next to then then in front so they know and the slow down and wait then get next to then and floor it. (I did this to a z06 c6 they guy don't know what hit him I guess he thought it was stock haha)
You're not the only punk. I pretty much do the same thing. If I'm overtaking someone, I'll slow down and throw a few revs to see if they'll play. And by "play," I of course mean "let me show them my tail lights." If I'm just cruising and I see someone coming up on me, I'll slow down a bit and then mash it and speed match them when they're almost next to me to see if they'll play (as above).

Good stuff.

Let's see those pics...
Old 04-08-2009, 12:31 AM

2009 C63 K1
I would love to have an M3 or IS-F challenge me, only on open roads (no traffic). The other day I was on an empty toll road here in Houston and was just cruising at 70mph went right by older S600 (debadged so just assuming) and he revved it and wanted to run. We rolled from about 55-60 not sure of exact speed. He ate me alive on the first run (his car must have been tuned) and mine is still stock and it upshifted initially in sport mode (ridiculous). We did 2 more runs (switched to manual) and I would take him early but at higher speeds he would always get me. Didn't care though because it was a total blast. I blew a G37 away who challenged me but the other day...also fun. Both times no traffic and straight smooth freeway.

Last edited by yaymitch; 04-08-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:35 AM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Talking Twice in the last week, WTF

SebringSilver: I could not believe it, twice in two days in La Quinta where I live. First a white M3 Coupe, I downshifted down to 2nd so the guy could not have missed me, but he would not even look my way. We were headed down my favorite street to blast off, no side streets, 3 + miles of slightly curving road in the desert but the guy would not even look my way and turned right before we could enter my personal strip?? Why did he buy the thing???

Then the next day, I'm going down a major street in the Desert and I see a white M3 sedan coming up fast behind me, he then pulls alongside but there was gobs of traffic and no chance here. At least this guy pulled up fast behind me and checked me out but no chance on this one.

Anyway, nice seeing some competition out there

Regards

Phil
Old 04-08-2009, 12:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
I have met a few M3's on the freeway. The first one was fun, we played accelerating back and forth, it was cool, the cars seemed pretty close, then we gave each other the thumbs up at the same time and went our separate ways.

The 2nd time, an M3 zoomed up behind me just as I was getting in my exit lane. I knew what he was thinking and decided to show him that yes, MB's CAN handle too. When we got to the offramp, I lost him around the 2 curves ... it must have crushed him to see an MB out corner his "ultimate driving machine" (had to have been my "mad skillzz", aight, LOL)

My biggest challenge when I see another performance car is to stay calm. I tend to get competitive sometimes...
Old 04-08-2009, 01:21 AM

bike
When I first got my M3 about 2 weeks ago, I saw a silver C63 on the 15 here in SD. He had a personalized license plate that said something CEO, and it looked like the car had some minor mods. I pulled up next to him, he looked to be in his mid to late 40's, and gave a thumbs up .

He looked at me with this "I am the sh.t" kind of look...nothing. Not a smile, not a wave...just nothing.

I drove off feeling slightly bummed, but then started to smile when I remembered I had the same car as him, at half his age.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:26 AM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
My biggest challenge when I see another performance car is to stay calm. I tend to get competitive sometimes...
Haha, same here. Even when I'm not in a go fast mood, if someone pulls along side me deliberately, in this car I simply can't say no. I take any hint of aggression as a sign of hostility and prepare for battle. I will say though, I almost never instigate unless by accident.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by deaguero
SebringSilver: I could not believe it, twice in two days in La Quinta where I live. First a white M3 Coupe, I downshifted down to 2nd so the guy could not have missed me, but he would not even look my way. We were headed down my favorite street to blast off, no side streets, 3 + miles of slightly curving road in the desert but the guy would not even look my way and turned right before we could enter my personal strip?? Why did he buy the thing???

Then the next day, I'm going down a major street in the Desert and I see a white M3 sedan coming up fast behind me, he then pulls alongside but there was gobs of traffic and no chance here. At least this guy pulled up fast behind me and checked me out but no chance on this one.

Anyway, nice seeing some competition out there

Regards

Phil
Sounds like you had fun. I wish we had more open roads like that up here in Vancouver. Stoplight battles are so pointless.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by bigbodybeeenz
When I first got my M3 about 2 weeks ago, I saw a silver C63 on the 15 here in SD. He had a personalized license plate that said something CEO, and it looked like the car had some minor mods. I pulled up next to him, he looked to be in his mid to late 40's, and gave a thumbs up .

He looked at me with this "I am the sh.t" kind of look...nothing. Not a smile, not a wave...just nothing.

I drove off feeling slightly bummed, but then started to smile when I remembered I had the same car as him, at half his age.
Did you ever post pics of your new ride?? I'm sure everybody here wants to see them.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
I have met a few M3's on the freeway. The first one was fun, we played accelerating back and forth, it was cool, the cars seemed pretty close, then we gave each other the thumbs up at the same time and went our separate ways.

The 2nd time, an M3 zoomed up behind me just as I was getting in my exit lane. I knew what he was thinking and decided to show him that yes, MB's CAN handle too. When we got to the offramp, I lost him around the 2 curves ... it must have crushed him to see an MB out corner his "ultimate driving machine" (had to have been my "mad skillzz", aight, LOL)

Oh, I know exactly what you mean. I feel like the guy holding up the liquor store for the first time..."I have a C63 AMG, and I'm not afraid to use it!"
Old 04-08-2009, 03:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
i wish people would try and challenge me.
im always down to have fun on the roads as long as its safe to do so, but unfortunately nobody will play. i always hear about everyone else getting challenged though! grr its all just for fun anyways.

im considering adding a 0 to my rear badge. maybe that will make things interesting. (where can i buy one?)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you do when you meet an M3, IS F, or RS4 on the road?