C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long term owners: impressions of the C63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 06:59 PM

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
e55
To all the other "longer" term owners out there. What are the maintenace costs associated with C63 for the first 2 years of ownership?

Thanks
Old 07-31-2009, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
Originally Posted by Bones
To all the other "longer" term owners out there. What are the maintenace costs associated with C63 for the first 2 years of ownership?

Thanks
You'll need new rear tires every 6,000-8,000 miles, and a new set of front tires for every 2nd set of rears. Stock up also on Mobil 1 motor oil (in the correct viscosity, but that's a whole other thread unto itself). Service A cost me C$371 the other day (@ 15,000km). Aside from that, all you'll really need to keep you going is a lot of money for gas and you'll be fine.

Happy motoring!
Old 07-31-2009, 11:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG P30 + OE Tuning
Most of the costs comes from the frequent change of rear tires.. yes i concur what sebring silver mentions on the stocking up of Mobil 1 motor oil.. gas wise, it depends how heavy your foot is

It still pulls the ladies attention on my side of the world and it definitely craves the attention when it roars in acceleration

I alternate it with my Toyota Hilux/Vigo cos of my training days.. wouldn't want to get her all soiled up with sand/mud/sweat
Old 07-31-2009, 11:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 G35
I just bought mine tonight and they had a MB deal where you could prepay for the first 3 scheduled maintenances for $999. They told me that the Sched A was around $300 and the Sched B was around $750. If this is true you save around $300 to $400 by prepaying.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:07 AM

2009 C63 K1
Originally Posted by azlane
I just bought mine tonight and they had a MB deal where you could prepay for the first 3 scheduled maintenances for $999. They told me that the Sched A was around $300 and the Sched B was around $750. If this is true you save around $300 to $400 by prepaying.
I also prepaid for three years of maintenance.

On topic - Owned it a year now and it is DD. Love it and still have a blast every time I get into the driver's seat. I would buy it all over again especially with the $7500 rebate.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
If in snow belt, buy snow tires. If driving on asphalt or cement, be prepared to buy new summer tires annually. If human, be prepared to love sitting in it every time you get in.

I am a regular car switcher (look at my sig) and this is the first car I've thoroughly enjoyed and have no desire to replace. If I could get one thing, I wish I had a stick shift in it - miss that still, though this slush box is pretty good in M mode.

Wish Mercedes released some software to make the LCD inside the speedo useful. Having MPH only in one view and .5" in height is pretty useless. What's more the AMG mode wastes way too much space on useless data - and again makes the speed even worse at about 3/8". Give me a a view with a big a$$ speed and gear number at a glance.

Other than that - no regrets even though I paid close to MSRP a year ago.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:44 PM

2007 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by hhughes1
To all those who feel that your car does not garner as much attention from others as you would like.........you shoulda got the RED!

I get more looks and inquiries with this car than all the BMW M cars that I previously owned put together. And when the Kleemann exhaust fires up most everyone around glances over and seems to be asking "Is that a Mercedes Benz ?"
Red is the way to go. We have had people riding alongside us taking pictures with their camera phones more than once. People step off the curb in front of the car to cross the street and then take two steps back to look it over before crossing.

When we went to buy this car, we had the dealer line up every color and red was the first choice, followed by white. The darker colors seem to hide the body lines and the front grill.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:51 AM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Mine is a DD, but I work out of my home so my daily commute is about 2-4 miles round trip to day care and once a week to the office. I've got about 5500 miles on it.

As for being noticed, no one around here knows its more than a base C class MB and no one pays any attention (especially in dark blue), although I get a few looks from bystanders when I get on the gas. My speed yellow 911 got a ton more attention.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Driving a 'stealthy' car is good, imho.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:59 AM

2008 C63 AMG
Had mine since May 2008 - overall great car - other than HORRENDOUS brake squeaks. I have 28,000 miles on it - daily driver even in Chicago winters (Blizzaks anyone?!?) Wish it had a manual tranny, though...more fun to hear it rev through tunnels! Just watch out for brake costs - my dealer quoted me $4,000 for pads & rotors...ugh!

Definitely a sleeper - traded my Porsche 911 C4 Cabrio for this car - the Porsche turned many more heads!
Old 12-09-2009, 01:01 PM

2021 Taycan Turbo, 2018 Radical SR3, 2021 Lincoln Aviator
Originally Posted by sflgator
Driving a 'stealthy' car is good, imho.
A sleeper car is great. I own 2 sleeper cars now and a black c63 delivered to me soon and I have 0 tickets (while never respecting speed limits). On the highway it won't make a difference but in the city cops will pull you over twice as much in a red car than in a black car I'm pretty sure.

What's also great about a sleeper car is the deception. People just don't see you coming. "What was that!" is an expression I like to see on other people/drivers faces.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Banned

AMGs
Im tired of it already and it has only been 6 months.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Ape

2004 TL; 2004 S2000; 2009 C63; 2009 ML350
[QUOTE=dj29chicago;3844660] my dealer quoted me $4,000 for pads & rotors...ugh!

QUOTE]

4K for pads and rotors?!?!? Has anyone else had to replace pads/rotors, and if so what was your cost?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:52 PM

C63, SLK, F150
I use mine as a DD and love it. Here in SoCal there is no one really turning heads which is cool because I did not get it for that. Got it for the power and just the drive. I have had ZERO problems so far with it. Just 1 fog lamp out is about all.
I have spent a lot in gas and oil and some in tires. I push it hard but not as hard as others, so not to many sets of tires since got out of the junk stock tires. Will always have it as a DD and since here the weather is kind almost year round I will get a lot of use out of it.
I have over 51,000 miles on it now and got it in first part of April 08. Great car one of the best ever driven. Soon I will have my new weekend head turning car (the California), so will decrease some miles.
But overall great car, just drive within your limits and it will last a long time and a great pleasure.
Flare the rears and it looks great too. Right Josh? sick looking car, but only 310's on the rear? My 325's are getting close.
Drive safe
Old 12-10-2009, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
I bought my 09 on September 7th. Since purchase, everytime I drive around I get double takes. Guys in minivans sitting next to thier wife admiring the panther while their wife is grabbing their nuts and telling them "Don't you even think about wanting one". I parked at a starbucks one time and I was watching these 2 eastern european guys from the cafe window examining the car up and down for a half hour. I walked out from work one night and these teenage kids were sitting in thier car just gauking at it. I have had a lot of people notice. Guys that walk buy and stop for a moment to look. You can tell if you just look out of the corner of your eye at a stop light and see them checking you out. The exhaust, the rims, the AMG symbol, the roof buldge. I only wish it had side skirts like the C350 ( I have no I dea why they didn't use them on the C63!!!??), a rear camera standard, folding mirrors standand, a nicer more sporty dash, better speakers ( I prefer Bose, I often get the rattling that some guys were talking about with louder songs, heavy base, or with different recordings on the ipod, pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!), distance sensors, and a beefier rear( the mods I have seen with the wells and fenders are awesome). Otherwise people understand the AMG brand, but most people have no idea about the specs what this ANIMAL is capable of...

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 12-10-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:45 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by F1MB
Red is the way to go. We have had people riding alongside us taking pictures with their camera phones more than once. People step off the curb in front of the car to cross the street and then take two steps back to look it over before crossing.

When we went to buy this car, we had the dealer line up every color and red was the first choice, followed by white. The darker colors seem to hide the body lines and the front grill.
NO! Do NOT get Mars Red! I repeat: DO NOT get Mars Red! That color is the ugliest color of all!! Get black, or white, or silver.