C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Tires & Wheels Protection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12/2012 Build 911 (991) C2S; 2011 Acura ZDX
Tires & Wheels Protection

Hey, do you guys think the tires & wheels protection for C63 is worth $1200 for 3 years? They also include windows and dents/dings. I mean what preventing me to "slash" my tires every 7.5K-10K miles or so and have them replace a new set?
I never a believer of this gimick, but if I can have my set of tires replaced 3-4 times within the 3 years, it may worth the investment, plus the door dings protection is good to have... you thoughts?
Old 08-14-2009, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by Mperor
Hey, do you guys think the tires & wheels protection for C63 is worth $1200 for 3 years? They also include windows and dents/dings. I mean what preventing me to "slash" my tires every 7.5K-10K miles or so and have them replace a new set?
I never a believer of this gimick, but if I can have my set of tires replaced 3-4 times within the 3 years, it may worth the investment, plus the door dings protection is good to have... you thoughts?
A flat is not covered. Normal wear is not covered. A slash is no covered. Defective bulges are covered. Curb rash is covered as well. It was tempting to get it for the curb rash but I decided against it. The tire coverage is worthless in my opinion.

Fix Curb rash on a rim is about 200 per rim. In most cases only the right or left side will have this damage depending on where your from. The tires are about $200 each and the chances of them being defective and bulging out from the sidewall is very slim.

I passed.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by propain
A flat is not covered. Normal wear is not covered. A slash is no covered. Defective bulges are covered. Curb rash is covered as well. It was tempting to get it for the curb rash but I decided against it. The tire coverage is worthless in my opinion.

Fix Curb rash on a rim is about 200 per rim. In most cases only the right or left side will have this damage depending on where your from. The tires are about $200 each and the chances of them being defective and bulging out from the sidewall is very slim.

I passed.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 G35
My dealership offers Karr Shield which covers dents/dings, key replacement (up to 2 per year) and wheel/tire damage. The list is 1000 USD and they discount it to $900 if you buy any other pkgs. I bargained down to $650 due to a slow delivery and thought that was a decent deal.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E350 4matic
my dealer said curb rash of a wheel is NOT covered. basically just a bent wheel from pot holes is what they told me.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I also passed.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio Flyer Big Flyer fully loaded with training wheels and NOS
my dealer threw this in for me and i have not yet used it. Normal tire wear for me was about 4500 miles until mine were considered "road hazards" and this was not under the protection plan. Also, i had some curb rash from hitting a steel road plate but that was not covered because the damage of the rim was on the spokes and did not bend it in anyway which cost about $400 to repair. My friend at the dealership basically told me that if the tires were to blow and cause damage to the rim is when it would come in handy as we do have somewhat expensive wheels and tires. He threw it in for me but im not sure i would have taken it otherwise. If the chance of a blowout due to a pothole is possible then think about it. Just realize that MB will examine the tires and look for a way to not cover it. So all in all, think that if the chance of this happening is real, then i think its worth it. If not, drive safe ahaha.