C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Regrets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 and 2008 BMW M5
Originally Posted by Siman
I feel like im kinda regretting that i bought the c63 instead of an m5. Idk. Really not sure to be honest anyone have any input guess i really liked the smg More then the automatic. This post was kinda random but had to speak up and state whats up on my mind.
I solved that problem by buying both.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Originally Posted by C63newdude
No it wouldn't. What technical advantages do you think a SMG has over the AMG auto? Keep in mind I have VW GLI with DSG(first car manufacturer in the world to incorporate the dual clutch transmission, fastest engaging as well. All other manufacturers made nothing but copycats and they were too late into the technology) and despite all that the AMG shift smoother than my VW.

It is all about what you like, I personally love smooth sily shifts but if you like the harshness of the SMG the the M5 is your car.
Um no. Porsche used a dual clutch transmission way back in the 80's in their 956.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
G63, SLS, 812 GTS, 296 GTB, 599 GTB, 575M, 992 GT3 Touring, Taycan Turbo S Cross Tourismo
Originally Posted by Ubergeist
Um no. Porsche used a dual clutch transmission way back in the 80's in their 956.
+1
Old 09-16-2009, 01:03 PM

Porsche GT3
Originally Posted by BFNYM156
C mode and S mode make little difference in daily driving IMO, but when you racing or on track the car, S mode dose give you the optimal shift everytime.
One thing to share, one time I was laping on Mosport, one of the American Le Mans Series track in Canada, after 7-8 hot laps in manual mode, my tranny was upset, then it went to limp mode(stay in S mode), 10 mins later, it came back, everything was alrite
I had the same thing happen in my car on a recent track day. The transmission kicked into comfort mode after several laps and I would have to switch it into sport mode. Everything was fine after stopping the car and restarting it.

Last edited by Earlyapex; 09-16-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:40 PM

C63,ML 350,S60 2.5t and E350
I've decided that im gonna hold on to the c63 and get a tune kleeman or renntech havent decided yet. I just want a tune that wont void my warranty do you know who i should talk to at my dealer about that?
Old 09-18-2009, 04:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by Earlyapex
I had the same thing happen in my car on a recent track day. The transmission kicked into comfort mode after several laps and I would have to switch it into sport mode. Everything was fine after stopping the car and restarting it.
I think its the heat that happens. These are the weak point on automatic transmision but this goes same with SMG also. I used to drive M3 CSL so this happened. I think its stopping the car to break.

C63 transmision I love but there is big difference from SMG when you go to track. On C63 you cant shift down 2 at once you have to shift down one by one but for SMG you press down 2 times it goes down fast. So this part was very good on the track but on the street like on C mode on C63 SMG was really bad. Over all I think C63 is very good. I like it.

M5 is very good car that V10 sound is great.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by Siman
I've decided that im gonna hold on to the c63 and get a tune kleeman or renntech havent decided yet. I just want a tune that wont void my warranty do you know who i should talk to at my dealer about that?
Any modification voids your warranty if it can be proven that the particular mod caused the problem. However, some dealerships are real dicks and will blame everything on any mod they see and go so far as to make your car status 8 which they put in the computer system so that every dealership knows about your car.

That being said, if you have a good relationship with your Service Advisor, you can work around these issues with ease.

Also, an ECU tune is really invisible. What you have to worry about most is them doing an ECU update that overwrites your MODDED ECU tune.

Now, if your engine blows up, MB can send techs out to determine the cause before doing any warranty work....and those techs might find the ECU tune.