MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   LET Tune? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/319090-let-tune.html)

all8up 09-30-2009 03:22 PM

LET Tune?

I read on one of the other threads that LET is offering an ECU flash for the C63. With that said, I contacted them on E90 post and HP Motorworks mentioned a price of $999, or $900 for E90post members. He quoted me a 40-50whp gain as well. He is emailing me the dyno sheet and when I receive it, I will post it here.

Anyone on here already have the tune? I know quite a few BMW guys that were happy with their results so in that respect it is comforting.

Sincity 09-30-2009 06:56 PM

$1k for a tune? Post more info.

c32AMG-DTM 09-30-2009 08:33 PM

Eurocharged/LET's had a lot of success with the sc'd V6 and V8 vehicles, as well as the V12TT engines... basically, all of the MB's with the older Bosch ME2.8 and earlier ECU's.

AFAIK, they haven't tuned any 63 (M156 engine - Bosch ME9.7 ECU) vehicles yet... you could be the first... :y

Sincity 10-01-2009 06:35 PM

Just received email from them with good news. Contact them directly for more info.

mthis 10-01-2009 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sincity (Post 3743655)
Just received email from them with good news. Contact them directly for more info.

are they using Evotech tuning or using there own. b/c from what i know from this forum they buy the files from Evotech.

Sincity 10-01-2009 07:52 PM

No idea. BTW-Who is Evotech?

sflgator 10-01-2009 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sincity (Post 3743789)

Another tuner that offers the PowerChip ecu flash and a bunch of their own C63 AMG mods.

c32AMG-DTM 10-01-2009 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sincity (Post 3743789)

http://www.evotech.de/

^^^Evotech

Lotta interesting info on MBW regarding them, I'm sure a proper search would turn up most of it.

FWIW, don't know if LET gets their base maps from them or not - the only connection that I do know is that they (LET) started tuning by selling Evotech canned tunes.

Sin - why the "cloak and dagger" on the good news from a forum sponsor? And if LET's tuned 63's, why haven't they shared the info with the forum? Seems odd - those guys (LET/Eurocharged) are usually really good about sharing results (dyno graphs, track times, etc.) of the cars they've tuned. :nix:

Sincity 10-01-2009 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM (Post 3743825)
http://www.evotech.de/

^^^Evotech

Lotta interesting info on MBW regarding them, I'm sure a proper search would turn up most of it.

FWIW, don't know if LET gets their base maps from them or not - the only connection that I do know is that they (LET) started tuning by selling Evotech canned tunes.

Sin - why the "cloak and dagger" on the good news from a forum sponsor? And if LET's tuned 63's, why haven't they shared the info with the forum? Seems odd - those guys (LET/Eurocharged) are usually really good about sharing results (dyno graphs, track times, etc.) of the cars they've tuned. :nix:

I just don't think it is my place to announce it if Jerry didn't tell me it is ok to. The good news is that he said he has done a few vehicles so far and the price point per OP is very competitive with other existing tunes.

c32AMG-DTM 10-01-2009 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sincity (Post 3743835)
I just don't think it is my place to announce it if Jerry didn't tell me it is ok to. The good news is that he said he has done a few vehicles so far and the price point per OP is very competitive with other existing tunes.

I stand corrected, then. :)

Still don't "get" why LET wouldn't share the 63 vehicles' tuning results, since they're so forthcoming with results on every other MB platform... but I guess they have their reasons... :nix:

They do have a reputation for being the most cost-effective MB tuner, so that makes sense that 63's wouldn't be different.

Thanks for the info - always nice to learn something new. :y

all8up 10-01-2009 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sincity (Post 3743835)

I'm still waiting for HP motorworks (LET vendor) to send me some dyno charts. HP motorworks is even willing to come out to us (from CA) to do custom tunes on a dyno if we have enough interest. Either way, good to see we have another cost-effective competitor.

c32AMG-DTM 10-01-2009 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by all8up (Post 3743888)
I'm still waiting for HP motorworks (LET vendor) to send me some dyno charts. HP motorworks is even willing to come out to us (from CA) to do custom tunes on a dyno if we have enough interest. Either way, good to see we have another cost-effective competitor.

This is the company that Brandon (Code 3 Performance) sold to and works for now, correct?

http://www.hpashop.com/category.sc?categoryId=56

all8up 10-02-2009 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM (Post 3743902)
This is the company that Brandon (Code 3 Performance) sold to and works for now, correct?

http://www.hpashop.com/category.sc?categoryId=56

I really don't know much about the history of the shop. Typically a guy named Harold (I think) posts on E90 and funny enough the guy that has been corresponding with me, name is Brandon.

Sincity 10-02-2009 10:36 AM

So does LET have a strong reputation for customer service and reliability? I searched and read some threads about LET and it seems positive. About the 63 tune, is it relatively easy for tuners to replicate a E63 tune for the C63?

jimlauden 10-02-2009 11:20 AM

LET is on top of their game regarding MB tuning! I talked with them about a year ago and we had planned to use my C63 for development at their Houston location. Their shop was damaged by the storms there last fall and they chose not to rebuild, instead consolidating in the one location in ILL. Their tune is primarily a software flash to factory perameters used on the E and S cars with some minor tweaking. Should be a very safe mod and dynos about 50 hp/50 tq gain at roughly half the price of the Kleeman K1. Mine is being done the week of Oct 12, will let you know the results.

Sincity 10-02-2009 12:12 PM

Good to know, Jim. I'm just looking for something conservative to bring it up to E63 spec. I wonder if they will change the tune to 2010 E63 spec?

c32AMG-DTM 10-02-2009 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by jimlauden (Post 3744658)
LET is on top of their game regarding MB tuning! I talked with them about a year ago and we had planned to use my C63 for development at their Houston location. Their shop was damaged by the storms there last fall and they chose not to rebuild, instead consolidating in the one location in ILL. Their tune is primarily a software flash to factory perameters used on the E and S cars with some minor tweaking. Should be a very safe mod and dynos about 50 hp/50 tq gain at roughly half the price of the Kleeman K1. Mine is being done the week of Oct 12, will let you know the results.

jimlauden,

Look forward to learning of your results. Not looking for a debate, but the info bolded above is factually inaccurate. Regardless, hope it goes well for you - good luck! :y

stallion8797 10-02-2009 01:38 PM

We've offered LET tuning at our shop in NJ exclusively for over 2 years now. We have yet to have an unhappy customer with their product. If a customer wasn't satisfied they tweaked the tune until they were, often at no additional charge.

We do a lot of meets for tuning along the East coast and LET is always ready to help remotely.

I know they've been offering the 6.3 tunes for some time now, just not sure why they haven't made it public. Deffinately contact Jerry or Greg if you are interested and if you're close to NJ feel free to stop by and I'll go over the tuning in person.

loungn14 10-02-2009 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM (Post 3743861)
I stand corrected, then. :)

Still don't "get" why LET wouldn't share the 63 vehicles' tuning results, since they're so forthcoming with results on every other MB platform... but I guess they have their reasons... :nix:

They do have a reputation for being the most cost-effective MB tuner, so that makes sense that 63's wouldn't be different.

Thanks for the info - always nice to learn something new. :y

We want to make sure we have a ton under our belt and make sure the end product is WELL tested as is our thing now. We don't publish anything that we cant duplicate with the same results time after time. 63 series have indeed been done, and details will follow shortly!

:y

sales@eurocharged.ca 10-02-2009 02:04 PM

Eurocharged/LET tuning is all done in house, and we do not use any of Evosports or anyone else tune's. We have our own software and build files from the ground up.

sflgator 10-02-2009 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Eurocharged (Post 3744936)
Eurocharged/LET tuning is all done in house, and we do not use any of Evosports or anyone else tune's. We have our own software and build files from the ground up.

And how are your C63 AMG ecu flashes done...all in house via customers shipping their ecu to you (or done in person at your shop) OR can they be somehow completed off site? :nix: Since there was some unverified info about this, please explain. :)

sales@eurocharged.com 10-02-2009 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by sflgator (Post 3744961)
And how are your C63 AMG ecu flashes done...all in house via customers shipping their ecu to you (or done in person at your shop) OR can they be somehow completed off site? :nix: Since there was some unverified info about this, please explain. :)

We use standard tools to flash the ECU on the bench, in our Chicago location. The remote tuning option is not yet available for the 63's, but hopefully soon.

sales@eurocharged.com 10-02-2009 02:36 PM

If anyone is in the Chicago area (or nearby) and is willing to drive to us, I will flash their C63 for free. You can post your before / after results in this thread for everyone to see.

I'm not hiding behind the 63's or anything like that. We simply had a game plan for releasing our 63 software and I'm sorry, but the 65's and 600's came first.

I'll ask some of the 63's we have done to chime in.

My offer stands....first one to contact me with a local C63 gets a free tune...

sflgator 10-02-2009 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jerry@LETMotorsports (Post 3744986)
If anyone is in the Chicago area (or nearby) and is willing to drive to us, I will flash their C63 for free. You can post your before / after results in this thread for everyone to see.

I'm not hiding behind the 63's or anything like that. We simply had a game plan for releasing our 63 software and I'm sorry, but the 65's and 600's came first.

I'll ask some of the 63's we have done to chime in.

My offer stands....first one to contact me with a local C63 gets a free tune...

WOW; I have a feeling you will soon be getting many PMs and e-mails, all trying to be the first one to accept your very generous offer! :y

Sincity 10-02-2009 02:57 PM

Jerry: You still haven't called me. I emailed you my cell # last night.