MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Got the Eurocharged tune over the holidays! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/332033-got-eurocharged-tune-over-holidays.html)

Ape 12-30-2009 12:02 PM

Got the Eurocharged tune over the holidays!

I got myself a nice X-mas present this year; a Eurocharged tune!! I was up in Chicago visiting family for the holidays and arranged for Jerry at Eurocharged to meet me at their shop on the morning of the 26th. First off, my thanks to Jerry for coming out on a very cold and snowy day, especially since the shop was closed for the holidays; what GREAT customer service!

Jerry was very helpful in explaining what the tune was going to do, allowed me the option to make any changes to the tune that I wanted (I elected to stay with their “standard” parameters as it gave me everything that I was looking for) and talk about cars in general. The tuning process took about 1.5 hours, but the extra time was to allow Jerry to double check the file several times due to me not having the car on hand so we could plug the ECU back into the car to ensure that everything was good to go.

I re-installed the ECU yesterday and the car fired right up. It was well below freezing so the road was no good to really get on the gas without a tune much less with the tune, I would have just sat and spun the tires. I was able to drive around in Comfort mode to get a sense how the car reacts under normal driving conditions and am happy to report that it drives just as it did as stock keeping the car a great daily driver. The only thing that I noticed was that the shifts were a little firmer then stock, but nothing that took away from the easy daily driver I am used to when tooling around in traffic.

Today it finally got above freezing but not by much so I was not able to do any meaningful low speed acceleration comparisons to stock, but the car does feel more responsive even with minimal throttle input. I was however able to get the car out on the highways to test the tune at higher speeds and that is where the fun begins :)

I was able to drive on a 6 lane highway with minimal traffic and road surfaces that are not too beat up. This is where I discovered what the Eurocharged tune has allowed the car to become :bow: Unfortunately the state and local police were out everywhere (I saw 6 of them in the first 15 miles of my drive) so I had to keep the speed at a pace that I could bail out of if I was ambushed by one of our friends in blue.

From speeds of 60-70mph the car just takes off as soon as you hit the gas, I tried it in Comfort/Sport/Manual and the results were consistent, as soon and you hammer it, the car jumps and you’re off! The car pulled so quickly from 60-100 that it shocked me it has so much better response and power from just a tune. I did about 15-20 runs up like this with no stress to the car noticed. The temperature range stayed in what I have seen to be the normal range with the stock tune under hard driving and of course no CEL or other issues popped up.

After getting off the highway and back onto surface streets I tried to see what the car does from 20-30 mph launches and the traction control went nuts. I know that the cold streets are an issue so I will have to wait until it warms up some to try to get some decent traction for street launches.

Having now put on about 50 miles I am comfortable that I got what Eurocharged promised and more. I can’t wait for warmer weather so I can further explore what Eurocharged has allowed the car to become.

Next step is to take out the charcoal filters which Jerry tells me is good for at least another 8-10 HP on their dyno; I just need to find the right hex bit to do the task. I am planning to attend a meet this spring that Emoving is hosting up in Columbus and will get a dyno at the event. I did not get a before dyno so the after dyno will just allow me to see what the car is doing after tune and filter removal.

Overall a great experience and purchase that I highly recommend.

Vegas_AMG 12-30-2009 03:47 PM

I have 610 miles on "Jerry's" tune and agree completely! Once the weather warms up you will be even more amazed. No complaints from me other than the gas mileage but that is from all the fun my right foot is having. All kidding aside, driving like a granny (really hard to do) on the highway for my 32 mile roundtrip commute the computer says consistently 20.1 - 20.5 mpg.
The real fun is when you do a rolling 30 mph punch, the car really wakes up. Have fun and be careful.

Sincity 12-30-2009 10:50 PM

Congrats on the Eurocharged tune. You will need a T25 to remove the box tops.

Ape 12-31-2009 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Vegas_AMG (Post 3875390)
I have 610 miles on "Jerry's" tune and agree completely! Once the weather warms up you will be even more amazed. No complaints from me other than the gas mileage but that is from all the fun my right foot is having. All kidding aside, driving like a granny (really hard to do) on the highway for my 32 mile roundtrip commute the computer says consistently 20.1 - 20.5 mpg.
The real fun is when you do a rolling 30 mph punch, the car really wakes up. Have fun and be careful.

anything at or over 20mpg is great for this car. I think my average is around 18 mpg over the life of the car and I am happy with that, 20 mpg would be a great improvement. I can't wait until spring, next several days are calling for snow showers and cold temps, C63 will be sitting in the garage and the ML will be gettting the call-up from the bullpen.

all8up 12-31-2009 04:57 PM

Welcome to the club Ape

sales@eurocharged.com 01-01-2010 11:14 AM

Glad you are enjoying it!!

If you guys have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me!

emericr 01-02-2010 09:55 AM

Just like Ape, I decided to go with the LET tune last week.
Kudos to Jerry for answering all my questions and responding to calls well past the standard business hours.
I received my ECU on the 31st and decided to go for a test drive. Other than having an encounter with the law (it actually ended well with no speeding ticket), I can attest that the car has a different feel and my butt dyno feels the difference.
The shifts in S and M mode are substantially crisper.
The car responds a bit faster from the inputs from the paddle shifts, I had to wait quite a bit (like counting 1001) to do a second downshift, now the feeling of having to wait is mostly gone (I say mostly because I have driven F430 and the gearbox has instant response)
The car responds much faster to throttle inputs, no more waiting.
I did a 40 to 75mph full throttle passing a vehicle on a two lane road (this is where I got pulled over) and this is where you definitely feel the difference in horsepower. The car just howled past the 4K rpm range.
I will dyno the car over the next few months and post the results on the forum (I did not dyno the car stock but there should be enough data on the forum to get a baseline).
Finally, you just cannot beat the price of LET.

Ape 01-02-2010 10:30 AM

I got the charcoal filters out last night, pretty easy with the right tools and I am far from a wrench turner so anyone with opposable thumbs should be able to do it :) Unfortunately it is snowing here again and temp is 16F so no chance to really do anything other then drive around the neighborhood to ensure I do not have a CEL from the removal.

I can see this modding becoming additive and now am thinking about opening up the breathing come spring. It looks like people are having good results just by getting rid of the restrictions MB has on our car. Hopefully Eurocharged/LET has some exhaust options for us soon.

I am starting to believe the MB engineers knew the MB marketing people were screwing the C63 owners and made it very easy to mod the car....conspiry at MB??

sales@eurocharged.ca 01-04-2010 02:37 PM

Headers and catback systems are soon on the way. Please keep an eye out for the next upgrade from Eurocharged.

obsidian05e55 01-04-2010 02:53 PM

:y

Sincity 01-04-2010 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Eurocharged (Post 3880682)
Headers and catback systems are soon on the way. Please keep an eye out for the next upgrade from Eurocharged.

:y

Cartman 01-04-2010 09:05 PM

what exactly does a eurocharged tune add to the c63? more hp? how much does this cost and is it a typical/no brainer upgrade for most c63 owners?

sales@eurocharged.ca 01-04-2010 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cartman (Post 3881269)
what exactly does a eurocharged tune add to the c63? more hp? how much does this cost and is it a typical/no brainer upgrade for most c63 owners?

You get the power your car should have come from the dealer with. The drivability is great, your car drives very smooth with better shift points, raised rev limit, removed top speed, better gas mileage if you drive normal day to day:X Along with 40 extra wheel horse power and up to 50 foot pounds of torque to the wheels. Now thats power you can feel. This upgrade is the best bang for the buck.

Here is a review from one of our resent customers experiance.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-holidays.html

emericr 01-05-2010 09:38 AM

lol the link given to the review is for the same thread :)
It is an inexpensive (if you go with LET/Eurocharged) way to get more hp and quicker overall throttle response and shift times.
IMHO, I would however not say that the shifts are smoother, especially in S or M mode. The shifts are substantially stronger and you feel them especially if you shift past the 3.5 -4K rpm.
This is what I wanted and expected so that was perfect for me.
If I get a better gas mileage, that is bonus as I did not expect it but it would be nice to get more than 13.8mpg.
There are other reputable tuners out that will achieve the same results (check out the other threads) there but there will ask for a lot more money. Coming from the vette, BMW and Audi world, I just simply refused to pay over 1K for a tune so I am glad Jerry and his company came thru with a solid tune and very reasonable price. They also deliver great customer service.

A satisfied LET customer

Cartman 01-05-2010 12:04 PM

ball park, how much does the tune cost? i am surprised emericr stated above that it cost less than 1k because it seems like it would be a great upgrade for less than 1k. i hope i can find someone in the Boston area that would do it when i get my c63 but i would prolly wait a few months just so i can feel the difference

emericr 01-05-2010 02:04 PM

Check out the forum and you will see there are multiple links to places Eurcharged flies to and performs his magic.
The standard "out of the box" tune is $775 and you can have ship them the ECU (that is what I did as I could not find another 4 guys to do it in Florida). My car was only down for 3 days. It litterally takes minutes to take the ECU out. There is even a youtube video.
He will fly to your location if you can get 5 guys to do the tune and if you have it at a local shop that does dyno, he will customize the file to your car.
Call Jerry or pm him if you want more information.

lewisracing 01-05-2010 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by emericr (Post 3882285)
He will fly to your location if you can get 5 guys to do the tune and if you have it at a local shop that does dyno, he will customize the file to your car.

PLEASE come to LA soon Eurocharged! This has to be the largest market of AMG owners anywhere and my CLK63 BS needs a tune.

(Heard rumors in April maybe)

Sincity 01-05-2010 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by lewisracing (Post 3882314)
PLEASE come to LA soon Eurocharged! This has to be the largest market of AMG owners anywhere and my CLK63 BS needs a tune.

(Heard rumors in April maybe)

I thought I saw a Vegas date in March. You could always drive up, spend some money to help the local economy, and go home Eurocharged tuned!

sales@eurocharged.ca 01-05-2010 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by emericr (Post 3882285)
Check out the forum and you will see there are multiple links to places Eurcharged flies to and performs his magic.
The standard "out of the box" tune is $775 and you can have ship them the ECU (that is what I did as I could not find another 4 guys to do it in Florida). My car was only down for 3 days. It litterally takes minutes to take the ECU out. There is even a youtube video.
Call Jerry or pm him if you want more information.

The out of the box tune is $1299.99

The $775.00 is a sale we are having for New York New Jersey dyno day

justthebest 01-05-2010 04:47 PM

Has anyone here had both the Eurocharged & Evosport tunes (any stage - I'm hoping for a comparison)?

emericr 01-06-2010 10:51 AM

Sorry about not quoting the right price. I only had looked at this forum and all the threads for Atl, NY had $775. I was not aware this was a sale price.

lewisracing 01-06-2010 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by justthebest (Post 3882516)
Has anyone here had both the Eurocharged & Evosport tunes (any stage - I'm hoping for a comparison)?

I am doubting someone would pay $$$$ for both tunes, what would be the point of that? Perhaps one tune would result in a few more HP here or there, but not worth paying $1,000k+ twice to find out.

sales@eurocharged.com 01-06-2010 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by justthebest (Post 3882516)

Anyone in the Chicago area wanting to give it a try, please come by. We will be more than happy to run our tune against another tune on the same car. No out of pocket expense for the donor car.

Would be nice to see what the extra $$$ buys you....if anything.

Thanks,

bebig1 08-19-2010 02:44 PM

Charcoal Filters. I saw a post that removing the Charcoal Filters nets around 8-10 more hp. Where is the Charcoal Filters located on a 2003 E55 AMG?

Thanks in advance for your help!

obsidian05e55 08-19-2010 05:29 PM

E55 doesn't have charcoals. Only the 63's