Ready to order the 2010 C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 P31 Obsidian; 1990 ZX11
Ready to order the 2010 C63

All,

Greetings. I hope to soon be a bona fide member of this forum. Before the week is out, I will place my order for a P31 with most of the other package goodies. I plan on taking the European military sales route, so it looks like I won't get to do the Euro buy like another recent buyer on the forum. The perks provided by MB sounded real sweet, but I don't think we mil buyers are given those options. I hope I'm wrong and someone can correct and direct me how to get that advantage. Especially the hotel, plates and insurance.

I'm in Norway and will have to drive it back up here after the p/u. If I place the order this week, quoted delivery time is end of May. Sooner would mos'def be better.

After cruising the forum for the last couple of days, I've seen some interesting bits of info, as well as good links to aftermarket suppliers. Looking forward to being more than a leech on the forum and can contribute as well as consume.

Pics with the C63 in the foreground and fjords in the background about three months out. Patience everyone...including me!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 352 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Congrats...same boat here. Patience is not my long suit...LOL

What colour did you choose?

Looking forward to the car gracing the Fjords.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Welcome and Congrats! First off, we salute your dedication and service. Second, when you order your P31, the only thing we ask is for a Sh*t load of pics and stories to go along with it!!!

Have fun and welcome.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:03 PM

C63 & Mustang Mach1(s)
Congrats on the decision. You will love this car. I didn't know we still had any military locations left in Norway? Great duty!! I had to suffer in Sicily right on the Med for a whole year.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mort
Congrats...same boat here. Patience is not my long suit...LOL

What colour did you choose?

Looking forward to the car gracing the Fjords.

Thanks all. Planning on the obsidian, grey and black leather, and black inlay. Waiting on the purchase order today, so still minutely undecided. The Barolo Red is an interesting choice, but I think it's more brownish when you see up close. Will push for the 19's, but from what I've read here, that's a hard one to deal.

Going to a local Merc dealer today to survey color choices once more and hopefully make a final decision. I'm certainly open to some suggestions. You guys' experience is way beyond me and could be helpful.

Mort - Are you in Europe? If you're in the same boat, maybe we should share an experience or two. Your dealer, price we're offered, recent changes, anything else we can take advantage of, etc.?

Thanks for the salute. As for stories, let's start with one - the only two-lane highway close to me is 10 miles long with max speed of 90 kph. So, fjord cruising and exhaust note echo bursts will be the highlights. Can't get caught sppeding here. It amounts to $1000s, or if too far over the limit (say, 15 - 20 mph) jail time. I once paid $400 for 6 mph over the limit. A parking fine is nearly $100.

Just to make you all grin a lot bigger, Norwegians pay a heavy tax here. It would cost one of their citizens almost $360,000 (not a typo) to own and drive this car. Are there envious peeps around? You bet, starting with the dealer.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am in Canada so the situation is a little different. I placed my order on Feb 1 and still don't have an allocation date but was told the orders were for April production and probable delivery in late April or May. Still unknown at this time.
The 19" wheels are available in Europe so maybe you can get them or maybe a good set of take offs.
Be happy to share any info that I may have.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by EC C63
All,

Greetings. I hope to soon be a bona fide member of this forum. Before the week is out, I will place my order for a P31 with most of the other package goodies. I plan on taking the European military sales route, so it looks like I won't get to do the Euro buy like another recent buyer on the forum. The perks provided by MB sounded real sweet, but I don't think we mil buyers are given those options. I hope I'm wrong and someone can correct and direct me how to get that advantage. Especially the hotel, plates and insurance.

I'm in Norway and will have to drive it back up here after the p/u. If I place the order this week, quoted delivery time is end of May. Sooner would mos'def be better.

After cruising the forum for the last couple of days, I've seen some interesting bits of info, as well as good links to aftermarket suppliers. Looking forward to being more than a leech on the forum and can contribute as well as consume.

Pics with the C63 in the foreground and fjords in the background about three months out. Patience everyone...including me!!!
I would wait till 2011. 5.5TT will make so much power it will destroy the 6.3 NA.

I do enjoy the rumble of my 6.3 though. Nothing like NA to wake you up in the morning.

Edit: Now im reading maybe 2012. Hmmmm.. I guess get it and enjoy for 2 years! LOL. Ill be getting a 5.5 for sure and probably keeping my 63.

Last edited by propain; 02-18-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by propain
I would wait till 2011. 5.5TT will make so much power it will destroy the 6.3 NA.

I do enjoy the rumble of my 6.3 though. Nothing like NA to wake you up in the morning.

Edit: Now im reading maybe 2012. Hmmmm.. I guess get it and enjoy for 2 years! LOL. Ill be getting a 5.5 for sure and probably keeping my 63.
Thought about waiting for the 2011, but the "prospect" of getting the last generation of the NA added to the 2010's exclusiveness. I'm sure the 5.5 TT will be a monster though, wth plenty of aftermarket possibilities from what I've read on the Forum.

Another thought - since the P31 dropped the LSD, I'm wondering whether to order that separate $2K option. I've seen pros and cons. Any new thoughts?

Got the purchase order in the fax a lil' while ago. Needs a few adjustments on the options. Gettin' closer.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I decided to order the LCD for $2400 Cdn. You can get caught up in the hype if you are not careful. I am happy with my choice and the warranty that comes with it. There may be better diffs for the track but for street use I am sure the MB LCD will be fine.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Is that LCD a television option?? Where are you in canada?
Old 02-19-2010, 10:23 AM

Order just sent. Obsidian w/black maple, P31 development package, black leather, AMG leather package, premium 2, multimedia, keyless go, rear view cam, and rear side air bags. Red calipers incl, of course

Tried to push the 19's, but no give. The 18's look good, but if I ever change my mind, going to have to take the aftermarket route.

Anyone know the particular offset if the aftermarket 19's aren't OEM? Already looking for a chrome black maple replacement shift knob w/AMG engraving. Anyone know of a quality source? Any pics on the forum or private?

The wait is on. I was told delivery end of April to early May.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
13 Lamborghini SL, 09 C63, Vipers (sold)
Congrats! Sounds like a nicely optioned car!
Old 02-19-2010, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
congrats man, great ride you chose and the rev matched downshifts sound amazing...

-Rob
Old 02-20-2010, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 1st amg
Is that LCD a television option?? Where are you in canada?
OMG, sorry some kind of a slip.....

LCD should be LSD (Limited Slip Differential) and not acid....

New Brunswick
Old 02-20-2010, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Order just sent. Obsidian w/black maple, P31 development package, black leather, AMG leather package, premium 2, multimedia, keyless go, rear view cam, and rear side air bags. Red calipers incl, of course

Tried to push the 19's, but no give. The 18's look good, but if I ever change my mind, going to have to take the aftermarket route.

Anyone know the particular offset if the aftermarket 19's aren't OEM? Already looking for a chrome black maple replacement shift knob w/AMG engraving. Anyone know of a quality source? Any pics on the forum or private?

The wait is on. I was told delivery end of April to early May.
Congrats, that sounds very nice. I got my allocation confirmed yesterday but no production date available yet. I expect delivery in the same time frame. Already getting impatient, but really the roads are not fit to drive on here yet with all the sand and salt everywhere.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Originally Posted by Mort
OMG, sorry some kind of a slip.....

LCD should be LSD (Limited Slip Differential) and not acid....

New Brunswick
There are a few members on here from the east coast of canada, I met one of them from Halifax last year (George), congrats...the wait is going to drive you bonkers....this forum and Youtube videos of the car was the only thing that made me semi sane.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:43 PM

Had to add the LSD to the order today. Was trying to get it included as my dealer thought the P31 is supposed to include the P30. No dice, had to pay the extra bucks for it.

One of the problems with waiting, is almost second guessing my choice for trim. Chose black maple, but the alum and the CF looks darn good as well. Just a curious and late question, forgot to ask the dealer...is the CF for real or another substance?

Yeah, I'll have to ifnd a way to distract myself to pass the time. Actually, a YouTube load from Florida was my first "moving" exposure to the C63. I forwarded the link to a friend to show it out. The rest is now, let's say, history.

Already thinking aftermarket...first piece - the shift knob. Haven't found a supplier with chrome and black maple with the AMG logo. Found the bird's eye, but that's not the same. Anyone know where to find the black maple combo?

After the knob; going to research tuning, but there's enough to enjoy in the meantime before I go and start fiddling.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:39 PM

C63 AMG
Thanks all. Planning on the obsidian, grey and black leather, and black inlay. Waiting on the purchase order today, so still minutely undecided. The Barolo Red is an interesting choice, but I think it's more brownish when you see up close. Will push for the 19's, but from what I've read here, that's a hard one to deal.

Going to a local Merc dealer today to survey color choices once more and hopefully make a final decision. I'm certainly open to some suggestions. You guys' experience is way beyond me and could be helpful.

Mort - Are you in Europe? If you're in the same boat, maybe we should share an experience or two. Your dealer, price we're offered, recent changes, anything else we can take advantage of, etc.?

Thanks for the salute. As for stories, let's start with one - the only two-lane highway close to me is 10 miles long with max speed of 90 kph. So, fjord cruising and exhaust note echo bursts will be the highlights. Can't get caught sppeding here. It amounts to $1000s, or if too far over the limit (say, 15 - 20 mph) jail time. I once paid $400 for 6 mph over the limit. A parking fine is nearly $100.

Just to make you all grin a lot bigger, Norwegians pay a heavy tax here. It would cost one of their citizens almost $360,000 (not a typo) to own and drive this car. Are there envious peeps around? You bet, starting with the dealer.

Is that $360,000 in US dollars?
Old 02-20-2010, 03:43 PM

Yep, US greenbacks.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 1st amg
There are a few members on here from the east coast of canada, I met one of them from Halifax last year (George), congrats...the wait is going to drive you bonkers....this forum and Youtube videos of the car was the only thing that made me semi sane.
The wait is driving me bonkers already ..... this forum and Youtube videos have been filling in nicely as well as the soap operas playing out in here....
Old 02-20-2010, 09:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
13 Lamborghini SL, 09 C63, Vipers (sold)
"soap operas"......what ever would you mean??
Old 02-20-2010, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Had to add the LSD to the order today. Was trying to get it included as my dealer thought the P31 is supposed to include the P30. No dice, had to pay the extra bucks for it.

One of the problems with waiting, is almost second guessing my choice for trim. Chose black maple, but the alum and the CF looks darn good as well. Just a curious and late question, forgot to ask the dealer...is the CF for real or another substance?

Yeah, I'll have to ifnd a way to distract myself to pass the time. Actually, a YouTube load from Florida was my first "moving" exposure to the C63. I forwarded the link to a friend to show it out. The rest is now, let's say, history.

Already thinking aftermarket...first piece - the shift knob. Haven't found a supplier with chrome and black maple with the AMG logo. Found the bird's eye, but that's not the same. Anyone know where to find the black maple combo?

After the knob; going to research tuning, but there's enough to enjoy in the meantime before I go and start fiddling.
They dropped the LSD from the P30 when they went to the P31 but you get ungraded engine bits (pistons, rods and crank) and an additional 30 HP .... but you have to order the LSD as a stand alone option now.
I went with black birds eye maple as well. The CF (should be the real deal I think) is $2500 and it does not make the car any faster... I went with palladium silver and black leather and the premium package mostly for resale but the stereo is supposed to be quite good. I will, no doubt, spend most of my seat time listening to the engine, gear and exhaust symphony.
I am not sure how common the black maple is because this is the first time I have seen it as an option. I thought it suited the theme of the car better than Burl Walnut (high-gloss). I think the aluminum studded pedals and shift paddles are enough aluminum trim for me. If I run across any trim bits in black maple with AMG insignia I will let you know. Look on ebay for some clear or tinted side markers for the front fenders to replace the ugly yellow/orange ones that come on the car. I hope they are not on the Canadian cars because none of the pics in the 2010 C-class brochure have them. I forgot to check it out on the cars on the dealers lot.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:18 AM

I am trying to order my car yesterday. I want to get the car at April. But the dealer told me AMG will build my car at April, and i will pick up my car at june. And the dealer also told me i can order the 2011 C63 at may and pick it up by Aug. So now i dont know what am i going to do. Wait 2 more months for 2011 or get the 2010 at june. This driving me cazy. waitting waitting and more waitting..
Old 02-21-2010, 04:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
All,

Military sales in Germany offers on all MB,s a 10% discount and of course tax free, were you offered this up north?
Old 02-21-2010, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by AMGC60-3
Military sales in Germany offers on all MB,s a 10% discount and of course tax free, were you offered this up north?
Yep,

Went this route after providing proof I was authorized. The 10% discount for this car was hard to resist. Providing proof was a stipulation of the German tax authorities from what I understand for any military affiliated individuals not physically in Germany. In addition to TDY orders, had to spend at least one night in a hotel and provide the receipt noting the room number as proof that I was actually there. Don't mess with the tax hounds. Also, with the C63, even though the car may never reach US soil, still had to pay the $2100 US gas guzzler's tax.

Are you considering the military sales? I would recommend the salesman, Mr. Hall; he went out of his way to accommodate me. PM for details, if you're interested.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ready to order the 2010 C63