Sponsored by:

New Here and Just Bought a C63!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63
New Here and Just Bought a C63!

Hey guys, this past weekend I finally took delivery of a new C63 after waiting since November. I've never owned a Mercedes before and I'm coming from a BMW and prior to that, a Corvette.

So far, I really love this car, especially compared to the Bimmer, which was a 330 Cab. Very overpriced, IMO. Underpowered and had nowhere near the features that the C63 has.

I'm still playing around with the vehicle, trying to figure out what everything does. (The acceleration is unbelievable.) I've gotten a lot of good info just by lurking on here.

One ****ty thing that's happened though is that yesterday I picked up a screw in the front passenger tire and just took it in. The tire is finished as it went through the sidewall. So, with less than 200km on the car, I am forking out big bucks for a new tire.

BTW, the car is black with the Sahara Beige interior, which I really like. I've always gone black on black so this is a nice change. The only option package I took was the premium package(?) with the nav, keyless go, etc. BTW, keyless go is really awesome.

Anyway, basically just wanted to say hello. It's really great to have a forum with so many knowledgeable MB owners since I feel a bit like a noob compared to a lot of guys here who are clearly very passionate about their vehicles.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats and welcome!
Old 02-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Originally Posted by YVR2TCI
BTW, keyless go is really awesome.
I agree. This is part of the reason I waited until 2010. Every car I've owned since 2005 has had this feature. In my opinion, it is an absolute must-have.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Banned

AMGs
Congrats and welcome to the 63 family.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Congrats and welcome.

If you think it accelerates hard now, get a tune and you will
be even more amazed.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
BTW, keyless go is really awesome.
Originally Posted by superlubricity
I agree. This is part of the reason I waited until 2010. Every car I've owned since 2005 has had this feature. In my opinion, it is an absolute must-have.
+1

My previous vehicle(E350) had keyless go, and for me, once I became accustomed to this option I was seriously spoiled and every car that I purchase from now on must have it.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:35 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
13 Lamborghini SL, 20 Porsche 911 (sold), 09 C63(sold), Vipers (sold)
Congrats on the new car. You will love it!! Now change that sig!!
Old 02-24-2010, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 434 Likes on 357 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Congrats on the new car. I am in the waiting arena now. Hope to join you in April or May.

Enjoy the ride.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Hey guys, this past weekend I finally took delivery of a new C63 after waiting since November. I've never owned a Mercedes before and I'm coming from a BMW and prior to that, a Corvette.

So far, I really love this car, especially compared to the Bimmer, which was a 330 Cab. Very overpriced, IMO. Underpowered and had nowhere near the features that the C63 has.

I'm still playing around with the vehicle, trying to figure out what everything does. (The acceleration is unbelievable.) I've gotten a lot of good info just by lurking on here.

One ****ty thing that's happened though is that yesterday I picked up a screw in the front passenger tire and just took it in. The tire is finished as it went through the sidewall. So, with less than 200km on the car, I am forking out big bucks for a new tire.

BTW, the car is black with the Sahara Beige interior, which I really like. I've always gone black on black so this is a nice change. The only option package I took was the premium package(?) with the nav, keyless go, etc. BTW, keyless go is really awesome.

Anyway, basically just wanted to say hello. It's really great to have a forum with so many knowledgeable MB owners since I feel a bit like a noob compared to a lot of guys here who are clearly very passionate about their vehicles.
Congrats! These motors really open up once you get past 10k miles.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:31 AM

2007 SRT8 Charger, 09' C63
Really? A must have? Too lazy to turn the key 45 deg.?.........I agree its a COOL option, but def. not a MUST have.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
Originally Posted by REDSRT
Really? A must have? Too lazy to turn the key 45 deg.?.........I agree its a COOL option, but def. not a MUST have.
You forget the fact that merely touching the handles will lock / unlock the car (and of course roll up the windows / close the sunroof). I cannot say how many times this little feature has been a life saver when the hands are full (or I tossed my keys in my backpack and don't want to dig them out, etc.). Until you have it, it's really hard to appreciate it.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Note, I said in my opinion.

Have you ever experienced daily life with it?

It's far more than just not having to turn a key. My keys never come out of my pocket. I grab the door handle, it unlocks and opens. I grab the trunk handle, it unlocks and opens. I touch the door handle, it locks. The whole concept of the key goes away. It is undoubtedly the most-used "option" on my car.

Priceless.

Last edited by superlubricity; 02-25-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:30 AM

2007 SRT8 Charger, 09' C63
Oh I C...sounds good then. Nice luxury to have. ( On a side not, its funny how lazy were all getting.lol, all these cool luxerious options are spoiling us, too lazy to push a button to unlock or lock, turn a key, open trunk, etc. Soon were going to gave robots driving us)
Old 02-25-2010, 02:49 AM

C63 AMG
Note, I said in my opinion.

Have you ever experienced daily life with it?

It's far more than just not having to turn a key. My keys never come out of my pocket. I grab the door handle, it unlocks and opens. I grab the trunk handle, it unlocks and opens. I touch the door handle, it locks. The whole concept of the key goes away. It is undoubtedly the most-used "option" on my car.

Priceless.
The key does serve one useful purpose: it is something to hand to your detailer every 2 weeks.

Dammit! I should've gotten that Keyless Start option!
Old 02-25-2010, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by avengerboater
The key does serve one useful purpose: it is something to hand to your detailer every 2 weeks.
LOL. I have an appointment on Friday.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 383 Likes on 238 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan

++++1... Why the hell a MUST have? (I Know, your opinion). Too lazy to turn a small switch? Thats part of the classic experience of a car, all the visceral elements...turning the key, feeling the crack of the engine, hearing the sound. If you wanted total luxury, then the C63 suspension must be killing you by now. I might get keyless go on a large luxury sedan like 750 IL but not necessarily a sports car.

NOT A MUST HAVE IMO.

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 02-25-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
++++1... Why the hell a MUST have? (I Know, your opinion). Too lazy to turn a small switch? Thats part of the classic experience of a car, all the visceral elements...turning the key, feeling the crack of the engine, hearing the sound. If you wanted total luxury, then the C63 suspension must be killing you by now. I might get keyless go on a large luxury sedan like 750 IL but not necessarily a sports car.

NOT A MUST HAVE IMO.
Have you ever experienced daily life with it? It is hard to form a concrete opinion until you've really had the opportunity to use it yourself.

Again, it's far more than just not having to turn a key. My keys never come out of my pocket. I grab the door handle, it unlocks and opens. I grab the trunk handle, it unlocks and opens. I touch the door handle, it locks. The whole concept of the key goes away. It is undoubtedly the most-used "option" on my car.

Last edited by superlubricity; 02-25-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no more AMG
My C63 doesn't have keyless entry like my Audi, but I would have bought it if I didn't get such a good deal on mine. When your already into the car for almost $70,000, why not?
Old 02-25-2010, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 c63, 2010 E63
This thread is about a new member enjoying his new c63, don't know why you guys arguing over keyless go.

congrats OP
Old 02-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by bushburninc63
This thread is about a new member enjoying his new c63, don't know why you guys arguing over keyless go.

congrats OP
Fair enough.

OP, be sure to check out this link -> https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...r-bc-meet.html
Old 02-25-2010, 02:38 PM

2010 C63
Have you ever experienced daily life with it? It is hard to form a concrete opinion until you've really had the opportunity to use it yourself.

Again, it's far more than just not having to turn a key. My keys never come out of my pocket. I grab the door handle, it unlocks and opens. I grab the trunk handle, it unlocks and opens. I touch the door handle, it locks. The whole concept of the key goes away. It is undoubtedly the most-used "option" on my car.
Didn't mean to get people riled up...lol. I do agree with though, that KG is one of those things that one really needs to try. To be completely honest, prior to ordering, I thought this was kind of a dumb feature. But even though I'm still getting used to it (I pull out the keys before realizing I don't need them), it seems really cool. BTW, it's not like I had a choice. Here in Canada, there are just 2 main option packs. I didn't take the performance package, but the premium package came with KG automatically. I think last year it was available as a stand alone item but not sure if it is now.

And yes, I agree, it's not too difficult to turn a key. Those were my thoughts previously as well. But KG really does do more than just turn the vehicle on. The push button start is a feature I've read about on other super high end vehicles a long time ago, so I think it's acceptable on this car.

Actually, I did see the Vancouver thread, and that's why I signed up here as opposed to other forums. This one seems very busy as well, with so many C63 owners.

Also, I managed to get that tire replaced yesterday. $500 for a tire that had 171 km on it. Yes, I was really pissed. But every time I have a new car, I get at least one or more tire punctures. This is the first sidewall puncture though, and slightly damaged the inside of the wheel, but it's not visible so it's not a big deal.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 383 Likes on 238 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Didn't mean to get people riled up...lol. I do agree with though, that KG is one of those things that one really needs to try. To be completely honest, prior to ordering, I thought this was kind of a dumb feature. But even though I'm still getting used to it (I pull out the keys before realizing I don't need them), it seems really cool. BTW, it's not like I had a choice. Here in Canada, there are just 2 main option packs. I didn't take the performance package, but the premium package came with KG automatically. I think last year it was available as a stand alone item but not sure if it is now.

And yes, I agree, it's not too difficult to turn a key. Those were my thoughts previously as well. But KG really does do more than just turn the vehicle on. The push button start is a feature I've read about on other super high end vehicles a long time ago, so I think it's acceptable on this car.

Actually, I did see the Vancouver thread, and that's why I signed up here as opposed to other forums. This one seems very busy as well, with so many C63 owners.

Also, I managed to get that tire replaced yesterday. $500 for a tire that had 171 km on it. Yes, I was really pissed. But every time I have a new car, I get at least one or more tire punctures. This is the first sidewall puncture though, and slightly damaged the inside of the wheel, but it's not visible so it's not a big deal.

Sorry, back to you. Congrats and welcome. Sorry about the tire. The more I want to baby this thing, the more I realize it gets banged up. I mean, they are meant to be driven and things will happen. It's part of driving a machine on asphalt with other machines kicking debris at you and obsticles getting in the way.

Drive and enjoy. Keep us posted with pics if you can...

BushburninC63 still kills me with that signature...
Old 02-25-2010, 03:03 PM

2010 C63
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Sorry, back to you. Congrats and welcome. Sorry about the tire. The more I want to baby this thing, the more I realize it gets banged up. I mean, they are meant to be driven and things will happen. It's part of driving a machine on asphalt with other machines kicking debris at you and obsticles getting in the way.

Drive and enjoy. Keep us posted with pics if you can...

BushburninC63 still kills me with that signature...
Yeah, I was really making a conscious effort to stay on the laneway, never veering off onto the shoulder, and even staying away from construction zones, and I still picked up the screw. So, I guess I won't be so concerned anymore as this kind of thing can happen anywhere.
Attached Thumbnails New Here and Just Bought a C63!-img_0187.jpg   New Here and Just Bought a C63!-img_0182.jpg  
Old 02-25-2010, 03:07 PM

2010 C63
The above pics are just from my iPhone and I know you guys have seen a million pics of a stock C63, but this one is mine...lol.

I read the thread about the kid who crashed his vehicle after turning off the traction control, and after driving this car for a bit, I think it's safe to say that he must have been showing off. There's not much reason to turn it off, especially on wet pavement. Not very smart, and I haven't tried it, but I'm pretty sure that with this kind of power, you would lose control almost the second you hit the throttle.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
You would be crazy to turn ESP off 9 times out of 10. With my K1 I get the traction alert at 80 mph when it kicks down.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Here and Just Bought a C63!