MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   SoCal windshield repair? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/342576-socal-windshield-repair.html)

Unbreakable1 03-16-2010 05:17 PM

SoCal windshield repair?

so a couple months back i got him w/ something while doing 45 on surface streets and ended up w/ a little crack...and of course it has gradually grown cuz i was a moron and it didnt get it sealed (or whatever they do to it)...

so now i HAVE to take care of it....anybody know any shops they have been to in SoCal to get this fixed?

tia

ELO168 03-16-2010 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Unbreakable1 (Post 3987148)
so a couple months back i got him w/ something while doing 45 on surface streets and ended up w/ a little crack...and of course it has gradually grown cuz i was a moron and it didnt get it sealed (or whatever they do to it)...

so now i HAVE to take care of it....anybody know any shops they have been to in SoCal to get this fixed?

tia

American glass in Arcadia
Ask for Christine
626-447-8288
Had my 335I done there, very good price

Jae Duk 03-16-2010 07:47 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong cuz this could be a rumor. But I was told that for the life of the car, most insurance companies will authorize 1 windshield repair for free. Is this true?

Unbreakable1 03-16-2010 09:15 PM

i dont know about the number of repairs, but i've heard something similar

C63newdude 03-16-2010 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Unbreakable1 (Post 3987148)

tia

Call safelite, they are everywhere and they have a special hot transparent liquid/compound that "fills" the crack with vacuum and makes the crack dissapear. I have seen it done and this liquid actually penetrates the micro cracks and fills it up, it them hardens.
How big is the crack? It is worth the try.

NORCAL///AMG 03-16-2010 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jae Duk (Post 3987390)
Someone correct me if I'm wrong cuz this could be a rumor. But I was told that for the life of the car, most insurance companies will authorize 1 windshield repair for free. Is this true?

It is best to check your individual policy because some companies are FREE...some are $50....some are whatever your deductible is...some DON'T ding you for using your policy...some DO ding you...some cover oem glass....some don't.....ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR POLICY!!!

GL :)

Unbreakable1 03-16-2010 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by C63newdude (Post 3987769)
Call safelite, they are everywhere and they have a special hot transparent liquid/compound that "fills" the crack with vacuum and makes the crack dissapear. I have seen it done and this liquid actually penetrates the micro cracks and fills it up, it them hardens.
How big is the crack? It is worth the try.

its restricted to the right mid-lower quarter of the front windshield...i dont expect it to go away completely but anything they can do would be great...ill probably contact safelite 2morrow

and i will be contacting state farm 2morrow also to see what my coverage is

thank you!