P31 package in China?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 01:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
P31 package in China?

Hello all,

It is my first time buying such a car overseas however I am running out of options to inquire more information, please shed some light on the subject if anyone possible can, for that allow me to thank you in advance.

In the states, the P31 package is easy as checking a box at the dealership, however things change when you are not ordering from one of the biggest buyers of the brand. I learned that buying a Mercedes overseas, more specifically in China is quite more arduous than I had imagined. I was informed besides the interior and exterior color, I have no say on anything related to the specs, and of course charged $140,000 plus duties and taxes. So does anyone know any dealerships or methods of buying a C63 with P31 package inside the border of China excluding Macau and Hongkong. Excluding those two cities since their export laws might be more tedious to understand than its worth but I will leave that as a last resort. The closest port city would be Shanghai but if it means I have to transport the car across the country to get what I want, so be it.

Thanks again.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Dude, ask the local dealer if you are in China. but i m pretty certain you have no choice over those options, and dealers are alreay picked options for the Chinese version of C63. Besides, as you may know, buying cars in China is in such great demand now, if you do have the choice of ordering those options, you will be waiting for ages to get one.

But check with the dealer first, it might suprise you, and check with ShangHai super car club (or BeiJing Super car club)...i know there are a group of guys owns C63.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:48 AM

C63
Thanks, talked to 3 dealership and one told me not even code 471, LSD is can be optioned into a car. The other two did not have a clue what I was referring to. I don't have problems waiting if one can be customized, which is not possible at this point.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
i m certain that AMG helded couple of events in seveal places, including BeiJing, SH, ChengDu and ZhuHai (this one is for HK Macau buyers), you might able to find out through their offical website or a bigger dealer, or even let the dealer call their HQ to confirm it. If you show to them you are ready to buy a C63 with that option, i m sure they will find a way
Old 03-18-2010, 08:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 C63, 07 ML63, 92 500E, 70 300SEL 6.3, 63 220 SEB Conv. Sold 02 G500, 97 E50,92 C280,71 280SE 4.5
My experience in buying Merceds cars in the Philippines is that there are no packages but more like a menu of all options so the prospective buyer will have to "option" out the car to excactly what they would want.

Having said that most dealers will order their dealer's cars with the options that they feel the market will want so you end up with a stock unit. I wonder if the China dealerships will allow you to do an indent order. good luck
Old 03-18-2010, 12:37 PM

C63
So far I have been told China-bound C63s are ordered with specifically with a set of options weather the owner likes it or not. No menu, packages or any forms of selectable options besides the interior and and exterior color.

Next step is find and contat the office that overseers the Chinese or Asian Mercedes sales.