MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   offered to move from my 2009 to a 2010 C63 (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/358051-offered-move-my-2009-2010-c63.html)

bluejae 07-07-2010 10:56 AM

offered to move from my 2009 to a 2010 C63

has anyone heard about this?

i'm at the mercedes dealership dropping the car off for B0 service and just as i'm about to get my loan car and filling out the paperwork, a salesman finds me and asks if i was the owner of the black c63...

after talking for a bit he tells me he has a client looking for a used c63 with the amount of miles on it that mine does and was wondering if i'd me interested in moving to a 2010 c63 and pay the same monthly payments as now.

he showed me a black on black c63 nearly fully loaded... i didn't see the new performance package on the list thought... for about $68k...

is this a sales pitch that i'm not aware of? or is this an opportunity to try and make a deal since they want to buy my car back from me... they're getting it appraised.

bluejae 07-07-2010 11:01 AM

i'm not really seeing how i would be gaining much from a deal like this. same payments, newer car, slower car, lose 2 year in payments.

but now i would have a new car warranty, and what? new car smell again?

emericr 07-07-2010 11:01 AM

Not aware of anything. I think this is a salesman pitch and the final payment will probably go up. Let us know.

diggo 07-07-2010 11:26 AM

I guess you just have to add up the payments you've already made.. discount this from the $68k.. then ask yourself, would you sell your current car for this amount?

To me, it doesn't seem like it's worth it. Although it really depends how long your term is. We need more info before we can give you a definitive answer.

Blk04cobra1 07-07-2010 12:05 PM

Not that I am aware of. Could just be that they have a buyer for your car and are willing to "make" a deal to get rid of their current inventory. Good luck, I would definitely take a new car for the same payments and no miles on it.

bluejae 07-07-2010 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by diggo (Post 4149026)
I guess you just have to add up the payments you've already made.. discount this from the $68k.. then ask yourself, would you sell your current car for this amount?

To me, it doesn't seem like it's worth it. Although it really depends how long your term is. We need more info before we can give you a definitive answer.

current car: going in for service B0 which is like $1200-$1400, i'm sure if they checked, they would have said i needed new pads and possibly rotors.

purchased 8-2008

has 40700 miles on it. warranty expires at 50,000. avg about 20k miles a year.

car has had repair work done on it due to a couple of accidents. nothing extreme like frame damage

payments + downpayment amounts to about $41500.

pay off amount $33827

gross trade in amount $42000

New car offer:
2010 arctic white c63 (new color for me)
all options as my previous car
new options (rear view cam, lsd, keyless go)
new sideview mirrors. some like it, some don't, but i like it.
23 miles on it. new warranty, they'll tint it for me as well.

5 years
my apr drops 2.5%

a friend of mine put it like this. the deal isn't bad. it's like getting a new car. it's like i practiced on another car for 2 years (20k a year isn't too shabby), in a sense i leased it at a good price. i've never leased a car, but isn't leasing a car more expensive? so i basically leased the old car at a great rate, loved the car, gone through this and that, now i want to keep the car, but i want a new one with options i couldn't have before.

so how bad of a deal is this? i'm still trying to put it into perspective.

Krytech 07-07-2010 05:38 PM

Interesting situation. I like your friends analogy, looking at it as if you've been leasing your current car and are now ready to buy. You've already felt the damage of the fast deprecation, but are you ready to do it all over again?

I have heard similar stories though. Not exactly like yours, but where current owners are getting calls from their sales rep saying they may have a buyer for their car and want to get them into a new one. I think it's due to the economy. New cars are not selling well, used and CPO cars are selling much better than new ones, and the dealers know we likely have the money to make a move. :nix:

Good luck with what ever you decide. :y (personally I'd have a difficult time saying no)

bluejae 07-07-2010 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Krytech (Post 4149540)
Interesting situation. I like your friends analogy, looking at it as if you've been leasing your current car and are now ready to buy. You've already felt the damage of the fast deprecation, but are you ready to do it all over again?

I have heard similar stories though. Not exactly like yours, but where current owners are getting calls from their sales rep saying they may have a buyer for their car and want to get them into a new one. I think it's due to the economy. New cars are not selling well, used and CPO cars are selling much better than new ones, and the dealers know we likely have the money to make a move. :nix:

Good luck with what ever you decide. :y (personally I'd have a difficult time saying no)

i'm doing it all over again in a c63 which i loved, and now i'm gonna love it more with some extra features which i couldn't get before.

another friend told me keyless go alone makes it worth it.

HBC350 07-07-2010 06:06 PM

Hmm, did I miss where you disclosed the sales price of the new car? If it's full MSRP, maybe the deal isn't that good.

bluejae 07-07-2010 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by HBC350 (Post 4149581)
Hmm, did I miss where you disclosed the sales price of the new car? If it's full MSRP, maybe the deal isn't that good.

before taxes, fees, dealer fees and such or after?

HBC350 07-07-2010 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by bluejae (Post 4149630)
before taxes, fees, dealer fees and such or after?

Just the car. The fees and taxes are what they are. If I had no trade-in, I could buy any new C63 on any lot for at least $5K off sticker. If your car is being sold to you at sticker (MSRP) then maybe your deal isn't as good as you think. Maybe that's how they're giving you so much more than everyone else is for your Porsche. Bottom line, you have to scrutinize every facet of the deal to determine whether it truly is a "deal" or whether it's nothing more than a routine car sale and nothing so special that you should feel a need to jump at for fear of missing out :y.

HBC350 07-07-2010 06:47 PM

Oh, and gut instinct tells me that if you do the math, it's just a car sale. Nothing special. Dealers are (almost) all alike in their objectives and what they say in order to move a car. Do you really think someone has been jamming their phone lines looking for your high mileage, accident damaged car so much so that they're gonna give you a new car just to make it happen? Doubt it.

bluejae 07-07-2010 11:01 PM

i never prided myself much of a negotiator, guess i should start learning... i couldn't get anything off when i got the 09 and the '10 is the same price. $69k. i still think it was a fairly decent, if not even deal for the trade in value. and the new car is optioned the way i wanted... and yes, i do find it hard to believe someone would be looking for a used car with the miles i put on it, and the dealer is always looking for ways to make money...

thank you all for your opinions and advice. :)

sandmane63 07-08-2010 04:15 AM

offered to move from my 2009 to a 2010 C63

The sales pitch is verbatim to what I heard yesterday at the dealer after I dropped by for service for my E63. In my case, I received an email that sounded more like the Nigerian millionaire wanting to "help" me with transferring millions to my account for a "fee" and "personal info" (i.e. SSN, etc.).

I usually buy from a Dealer in another part of town which is not convenient for service, so in this case, it was my "service" dealer making the offer. After speaking with the salesman, the pressure tactics began that the deal had to be made immediately and that due to low pre-owned inventory, they were motivated to move new cars for the same payment and similar level car.

Intrigued by such "philanthropy" and interested in a C63, instead of another E for handling and power-to-weight ratio (especially after tuning), I called my "sales" dealer. In his words, even if their Pre-owned inventory was low, this technique is the oldest trick in the book. Unfortunately, if it wasn't for the fact that I'm in sales and recognize a good pressure tactic when I see one :bs:, and because I was genuinely interested in what the #'s looked like with 8 months to go on my lease, I would not have fallen for it.

Like you, I'm going to look at the #'s and only after removing the emotional part of the purchase and if it makes business sense, will I pull the trigger.

Good luck with your purchase!! Best Regards