C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Clear coat coming off on Euroteck diffuser.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Clear coat coming off on Euroteck diffuser.

So I purchased a euroteck diffuser and front lip. I received all the products in good order and got the parts installed. Everything looked great until last week and I noticed that the clear coat was starting to peal right by one of the fins. I emailed Neal and told him the problem. He asked me if I drive thru car washes and I admit I do every once in awhile. He then goes to tell me that the diffuser was improperly taken care of and that there are harsh toxic chemicals in the car wash that can make clear coat peal. He won’t admit that there could have been an issue when they clear coated the diffuser. I got the parts in August of last year, I parked my car in October (it snows here) and did not pull it out till May. A supposed high quality part should not start to peal in under a year. My friend waxed my entire car before I put it away, and he waxed it again last month, he is a professional detailer( Finer Details is the company name). So I don’t see how I could be at fault, and Neal won’t even entertain the idea that it could have been during the clear coat process. I will put pictures up tomorrow. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by Dios; 07-15-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
I haven't installed mine yet - 6 months later - but IMO there is now way a clear coat shouldn't stand up to a car wash. I will be very upset if it happens to mine...we shall see.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Could you post a pic of the clear coat peel? Is it like the paint/clear coat peel and lifting you see on some older GM vehicles? If the part wasn't properly prepped prior to shooting the clear coat, it could lift off when subject to a pressure wash of any kind. Does the peel begin at the edge or in the middle? It is possible that if it is lifting at the edge, chemicals and washing could eat away at the clear and slowly get underneath the clear and causing it to lift.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:03 PM

C63
Old 07-15-2010, 03:10 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
My ladies ride is starting to do the same with the front.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 292 Likes on 241 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
F that no way a car wash can cause that. when will they learn to listen to the customer rather than giving b__lsH_t excuses.

Last edited by shardul; 07-15-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
I think it's more due to global warming and the horrible calls in the World Cup.

Car wash my ***. Step up mfg. Take care of the customer or there will be less and less of them.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ChrisDPham
My ladies ride is starting to do the same with the front.
Neither of you two have posted here in a long time!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Work blocks Imageshack. I'll wait to check them out when I get home.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
I put my car through an auto car was twice a week and mine is till perfect. I also have one from Taiwan as well. His were suppose to be of better quality...
Old 07-15-2010, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Looks like a prep issue. Notice that it is in the crevice. Proabably when they were wiping the mold release off and cleaning for the clear coat, the rag didn't get pushed down into the crevice and missed that little spot. They should warranty it.

That is my hypothesis and $.02.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:39 PM

C63
They should but are not, I dont recomend that anyone buys anything from Euroteck!! Next Thread: Do not buy from Euroteck, Scam!!

Last edited by Dios; 07-15-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no more AMG
Sincity is right. I was thinking the same thing.

Thats weak sauce man. I won't buy one if thats the stance they take. If the "toxic" chemicals of a carwash cause the clear coat to peel, then I seriously question the quality.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Why do you have the font so small? Please increase it a little bit so we can read it easier Let me try....

Originally Posted by Dios
So I purchased a euroteck diffuser and front lip. I received all the products in good order and got the parts installed. Everything looked great until last week and I noticed that the clear coat was starting to peal right by one of the fins. I emailed Neal and told him the problem. He asked me if I drive thru car washes and I admit I do every once in awhile. He then goes to tell me that the diffuser was improperly taken care of and that there are harsh toxic chemicals in the car wash that can make clear coat peal. He won’t admit that there could have been an issue when they clear coated the diffuser. I got the parts in August of last year, I parked my car in October (it snows here) and did not pull it out till May. A supposed high quality part should not start to peal in under a year. My friend waxed my entire car before I put it away, and he waxed it again last month, he is a professional detailer( Finer Details is the company name). So I don’t see how I could be at fault, and Neal won’t even entertain the idea that it could have been during the clear coat process. I will put pictures up tomorrow. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:40 PM

C63
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Why do you have the font so small? Please increase it a little bit so we can read it easier Let me try....
lol i tried to increase the font size
Old 07-16-2010, 05:15 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Amazing how there is always 2 sides to every story isn't it? All I do is laugh, and I also find it amusing the OP only writes what is convenient to make him sound good.

OP told me he drives his car threw auto car washes frequently, now all auto car washes are different, and a lot, especially in climates where it snows use HIGHLY powerful and sometimes toxic detergents to help strip off bugs, tar and road grime. This is a KNOWN issue, and this happens to many peoples aftermarket wheels very often and their clearcoat peels because the same issue.

Next the OP told me me NEVER waxed his CF part. CF parts have a clear coat on them and need to be cared for and waxed just like any other painted surface to protect them from the elements and from UV rays. Now our part ship to you totally 100% bare from our clearcoat facility and it then cleaned with any harsh soaps such as those found often in car washes, it totally slowly eats away at the clear coat and effects any of the weak points. Keep in mind, this does not happen after one, or 2, or 10 washes, this was a YEAR! keep reasing below.......

NEXT which confirmed this was not cared for and was conveniently left out of the OPs post was he said he often washes his car with a PRSSURE WASHER. This confirmed negligence, and I am sorry, but we do not pay for other peoples mistakes.

People that know me and Euroteck KNOW we do whatever it takes to makes things right, people who do not can assume whatever they would like. Please understand, there are 2 sides to every story, my business is to keep and make customers. However the line needs to be drawn somewhere. I would have been glad to replace his part if I felt this was a defect, however he purchased his item from us in May 2009, and after treating and caring for his part how he did, I am surprised he did not see this or other effects sooner. The 3 things he did or did not do to his part are the 3 things that are the WORST you can do.

I already got all the info I need from this, anything else the OP says he is changing his original story to try to get something done in his favor. I will say it nice and clear in the open. We will NOT replace the customers part after owning it for 1 year and treating it how he did. If the OP would like his part fixed, any decent body shop can re clearcoat that part and if he cares for it correctly in the future, he would not see that happen.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
Okay Neal. Seeing as how I bought 2 lips, 1 diffuser, and 1 trunk spoiler from you...ask James if you don't believe me. I didn't know your items came with a manual on taking care of your items. I think you should disclose on how to maintain the items and maybe now is a good time to do it. BTW love your products
Old 07-16-2010, 06:49 AM
DAK

Outlander
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Amazing how there is always 2 sides to every story isn't it? All I do is laugh, and I also find it amusing the OP only writes what is convenient to make him sound good.

OP told me he drives his car threw auto car washes frequently, now all auto car washes are different, and a lot, especially in climates where it snows use HIGHLY powerful and sometimes toxic detergents to help strip off bugs, tar and road grime. This is a KNOWN issue, and this happens to many peoples aftermarket wheels very often and their clearcoat peels because the same issue.

Next the OP told me me NEVER waxed his CF part. CF parts have a clear coat on them and need to be cared for and waxed just like any other painted surface to protect them from the elements and from UV rays. Now our part ship to you totally 100% bare from our clearcoat facility and it then cleaned with any harsh soaps such as those found often in car washes, it totally slowly eats away at the clear coat and effects any of the weak points. Keep in mind, this does not happen after one, or 2, or 10 washes, this was a YEAR! keep reasing below.......

NEXT which confirmed this was not cared for and was conveniently left out of the OPs post was he said he often washes his car with a PRSSURE WASHER. This confirmed negligence, and I am sorry, but we do not pay for other peoples mistakes.

People that know me and Euroteck KNOW we do whatever it takes to makes things right, people who do not can assume whatever they would like. Please understand, there are 2 sides to every story, my business is to keep and make customers. However the line needs to be drawn somewhere. I would have been glad to replace his part if I felt this was a defect, however he purchased his item from us in May 2009, and after treating and caring for his part how he did, I am surprised he did not see this or other effects sooner. The 3 things he did or did not do to his part are the 3 things that are the WORST you can do.

I already got all the info I need from this, anything else the OP says he is changing his original story to try to get something done in his favor. I will say it nice and clear in the open. We will NOT replace the customers part after owning it for 1 year and treating it how he did. If the OP would like his part fixed, any decent body shop can re clearcoat that part and if he cares for it correctly in the future, he would not see that happen.
WOW, Service with a smile !!! Nothing like helping a Customer recover from a bad experience with your product whether its your fault or not.

If the questions regarding the quality of the product didn't turn me off Euroteck, this post certainly did.

Back to the product.... Is the rest of your paint loosing its clearcoat ? if so it would certainly suggest the wash you are using is too harsh, if the balance of your clear coat is fine (other than these items) and the new items were waxed with the rest of the car then I suggest the product coating may be faulty.

As sugegsted, if you don't want to deal with the manufacturer just go to a panel shop, they will charge $100 and it will look like new and probably not fade again.

Good luck Mate.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:58 AM

Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe

HOLYY CRA*** man stfup please and stop giving this bs two side story. The guy bought cf diffuser and as far as I can see it the product was S***TYYY. I mean when I buy something obviously why I souldnt take it through car wash i mean its made to wash my cars and you guys should make sure that your product doesnt fall apart after 10 car washes. If it does that state that on your website and post pictures of what quality of cf products you offer. As far as i can see i would never buy a single thing from eurotek.

HAHHAHA you would replace the part if YOU !!FELT!!(whats this supposed to mean) it was a defect. hahah you r hilarious.

Anyway I will always rather go with evosport. Now euroteck should take care of his cf part not some other shop. Where did he go wrong? by washing his car? Stufp please if it was my car and someone gave me this bs excuse.... hell they would be offering me a whole new cf bumper or the owner of euroteck could have some serious problems just becuase of one cf part. Well you can f... with some ppl but believe me everyonce in a while your going to hit a brick. I am just waiting for someone to give me some BS excuse about my car it wont go down well.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
I'm normally not the type of person who take sides, but after reading few threads about euroteck products... it seems like they make great products, but the customer service is not to par. Being in a retail business myself, there's always few bad apples, but it doesn't cost much to fix little issue for the sake of a potential repeated customer. Remember the customer is always right...
Old 07-16-2010, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
'10 C63
fortunately, the customer is not always right. There are customers out there who get their jollys out of messing with you and getting whatever they want. i'm all for the idea of repeat business, but i would think there is a reason why some establishments have signs that say they have the right to refuse service... oh, and almost forgot, sometimes... customers are just stupid. www.notalwaysright.com

and on to the OP's problem... i think it's a very sketchy situation, there's a reason why there are product warranties and limits to them... but a year of use, whether it was parked, waxed, or not... used is used and no one but the person who bought the product will know what has gone on for a year... and even so there will be some the owner probably never was aware of...

but i also believe if you're going to sell a product that needs extra care or warnings for the consumer, it should have been disclosed... this isn't like the hot coffee is probably hot scenario... i can't chalk this up to common sense... i've had several carbon fiber parts on my cars but i have never heard of car wash chemicals can hurt your car or parts...

OP, do you frequent the same car wash? maybe this is something you can take up with them... if it can damage your CF part, couldn't it potentially damage other parts of your car and other customers cars??? the car wash could be using chemicals that they're not supposed to so they can get out a cleaner car and attract more customers

it's hard to take sides on this but i hope some kind of reasonable resolution can from this...
Old 07-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Out Of Control!

As the OP has stated that he's had the product for over a year and is regularly visiting a car wash, then this was no surprise.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Agreed that there are 2 sides to every issue. As far as waxing is concerned, that protects the surface. This issue is sub-surface. Notice how it is milky? The clear coat is being released/detached from the CF/resin. Respectively to Neal and Euroteck, I am not buying the car wash theory and using a pressure washer. I have an old 190e that is 24 years old and hasn't had a coat of wax in over a year. I regularly pressure wash (1400 psi) it at home and none of the clear coat has peeled. As a matter of fact, both sides have been repainted by a body shop 12 years ago after someone keyed both sides. The clear coat is holding. I did have a set of Lorinser wheels that I refurbished in which I sprayed it with Wurth wheel paint and had a body shop clear coat it. Now, the body shop didn't clean/prep one of the wheels properly and when I hit it with the pressure washer, it lifted a small portion of the clear coat. If the clear coat on the diffuser is that delicate and needs hand washing, that is a real PITA. However, I do agree that the customer is not always right. It is how you handle the situation and try to make it a win-win for all.

To OP: Get a second opinion from a body shop to see if it is a prep issue, lack of care issue, or car wash issue. Then post the results here on the forum. If they benefit you, post the name, number, and shop for Euroteck or any member to verify. If it doesn't, post anyway to preserve your integrity here on the forum.

Has Euroteck offered to have the piece sent in for inspection?

Last edited by Sincity; 07-16-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:15 AM

2015 C300 4matic
Neal, do i have to wax my matte CF parts too?
Old 07-16-2010, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
It blows my mind that a distributor, that probably makes these things streamlined at a dime a dozen, would not for the sake of their name, reputation and overall customer satisfaction not replace or fix this for the OP. MAN UP AND REPLACE IT.

The least, THE LEAST they can do is say, ok, I will repair or replace once/ but these are the care instructions and our future warranty/return policy. Thats called stepping up to the plate. But to run and hide after an issue like this is weak.

After market parts are a BIG BIG $$$$$$ business. It only takes once for a bad name to get out and it spreads like wildfire, then you will loose on future profits. Bite the bullet now and save your name.

I am not saying that the OP was not at fault necessarily, but it's up to the distributor to really makes things better. It really would not break financially for them to smooth things out.

1. Damage in 1 year? Crappy piece and product IMO
2. Chipping and flaking? Poor clear coat and prep IMO
3. Poor customer service? Bad business relationships IMO
4. Need to wax constantly? NO WAY. BS Any good clear coated product should not show those signs of damage I don't care how many times you wash it.

How often do we get something replaced by for example the Home Depot or service such as Tire Rack and we say to ourselves, MAN, I sure as hell will always go back there to shop!!

GOOD LUCK OP.

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 07-16-2010 at 11:48 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear coat coming off on Euroteck diffuser.