MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   SEMA sneak peek: Complete Arkym C63 Aerosport show car (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/373828-sema-sneak-peek-complete-arkym-c63-aerosport-show-car.html)

DCTMOTORSPORTS 11-01-2010 10:56 PM

SEMA sneak peek: Complete Arkym C63 Aerosport show car

3 Attachment(s)
With the great help from Josh (C63 GUY), we will have a beautiful C63 showcar with complete Arkym Aerosport kit installed!
For those who gonna visit SEMA, please go check out the car nearby Optima Battery booth (23059)
Here are some preview pictures of the car!!

Sincity 11-01-2010 11:04 PM

The Dragon is coming back to town?

_AMG_ 11-01-2010 11:20 PM

Looks SICK!!!! ARKYM is coming out with some really cool stuff. Just saw an E90 M3 with a full ARKYM kit and it looks INSANE!!!!

MNL ICE 11-02-2010 12:39 AM

How come Josh always the 1st one to get the good stuff?!:D:y

Congrats Josh!!! :naughty::y:D

C63 Guy 11-02-2010 01:55 AM

Before you read any farther, look back at the first and third pics above and tell me what you see with my seat...

Originally Posted by Sincity (Post 4332017)
The Dragon is coming back to town?

Yep. The Dragon has returned to Vegas with some new goodies. I dropped her off at the vinyl shop yesterday and came straight home to L.A. I have no idea what she's going to look like when they're . There's murmurs of matte black and cyan... I'll find out when I head back to Vegas on Thursday.*

Originally Posted by MNL ICE (Post 4332180)
How come Josh always the 1st one to get the good stuff?!:D:y

Congrats Josh!!! :naughty::y:D

Thanks amigo! And you're going to be über surprised at how prophetic those words are over the next couple of months.

And lemmee begin right now by blowing your mind with my new seat:

http://gallery.me.com/joshogle/100401/My%20Photo
(sorry, doing this from my phone...)

Tecnocraft T2 full prepreg carbon bucket. First article. It fits my American sized ass perfectly, and I actually find it more comfortable than the stock seat. Oh, it's also just 15.5lbs all-in with the floorplate AND sliders AND hardware.

Yes, I am coocoo for carbon cocoa puffs.

Josh *

Even Money 11-02-2010 02:12 AM

Tecnocraft seats are awesome. I've always wanted a pair, there's just too much other stuff I want right now too...

So are they now selling a seat for the C or is yours just a one off?

C63 Guy 11-02-2010 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Even Money (Post 4332256)
Tecnocraft seats are awesome. I've always wanted a pair, there's just too much other stuff I want right now too...

So are they now selling a seat for the C or is yours just a one off?

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm working at Tecnocraft now. The point of my post wasn't to try and sell the seats (ACGSD is a sponsor and carries our stuff), but just be super stoked that I managed to get the first one we made in-house into my car for SEMA. I was frantically calling around looking for brackets on Friday (Brad and Simon were probably a little tired of my texts (Super thanks for the exhaust hookup guys!)) and ended up designing one and having it laser cut and bent and then welding it up that same day. Awesome. It's definitely a rev 0.9, as I was trying to replicate my driving position instead of making a fully universal fit. (Nailed it, by the way.)

But I'll post more about that later, I feel bad about threadjacking DCTMS.

The Arkym parts are super schweet. I like them in the satin black more than I think I would like them in carbon. It's less busy aesthetically, and their lines are sooo clean, especially on the splitter. It's pretty much exactly what I've been looking for. I'll post more pics when I get to SEMA with the real camera.

Josh

_AMG_ 11-02-2010 03:53 AM

The seats, The ARKYM aero kit, THE CAR!!!!! :bow::bow::bow::bow:
Absolutely amazing....Hands down one of the SICKEST C63's out there.

It would be bad ass if they made a carbon fiber rear seat delete too.

yazid 11-02-2010 04:12 AM

hehe josh you nutter! well done in getting it done up :)

DCTMOTORSPORTS 11-02-2010 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by C63 Guy (Post 4332271)
In the interest of full disclosure, I'm working at Tecnocraft now. The point of my post wasn't to try and sell the seats (ACGSD is a sponsor and carries our stuff), but just be super stoked that I managed to get the first one we made in-house into my car for SEMA. I was frantically calling around looking for brackets on Friday (Brad and Simon were probably a little tired of my texts (Super thanks for the exhaust hookup guys!)) and ended up designing one and having it laser cut and bent and then welding it up that same day. Awesome. It's definitely a rev 0.9, as I was trying to replicate my driving position instead of making a fully universal fit. (Nailed it, by the way.)

The Arkym parts are super schweet. I like them in the satin black more than I think I would like them in carbon. It's less busy aesthetically, and their lines are sooo clean, especially on the splitter. It's pretty much exactly what I've been looking for. I'll post more pics when I get to SEMA with the real camera.

Josh

This is a thread for you to show off your stunning C63!! :y

olszowa12 11-02-2010 06:50 AM

looks amazing. waiting for some official SEMA pics :y

callmiro 11-02-2010 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by C63 Guy (Post 4332271)

Josh

I'll take your Vorsteiner diffuser if you dont want it anymore :)

Dads C63 11-02-2010 10:18 AM

Hey Josh,
You do get all the cool stuff first!! The car looks awesome and that seat, WOW!! 15.5#!!!!!

Tell us more about the seat!! :y
You know why I want one. LOL :D

efx1 11-02-2010 01:39 PM

i'll take your rear deck spoiler if you're selling

benscott01 11-02-2010 02:11 PM

Josh, how comfortable is that seat? Looks great, just HARD AS A ROCK looking.

Even Money 11-02-2010 04:06 PM

Is the arkym lip good for high speed runs? Is it fastened with tape or screwed in? I think it looks great, just curious if it adds downforce and or drag.

C63 Guy 11-02-2010 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Even Money (Post 4333211)
Is the arkym lip good for high speed runs? Is it fastened with tape or screwed in? I think it looks great, just curious if it adds downforce and or drag.

The car felt really solid at 175mph on my secret test track on the way to Vegas. :naughty:

The front end definitely feels much more planted and stable with the splitter at high speeds. I couldn't really tell a difference in the rear switching from the Vorsteiner trunk lip to the Arkym. Both feel a heap better than just the factory spoiler.

If you're asking how the splitter is held on, it's with 3M supertape and 7 screws. Very solid.

If you're asking how the trunk spoiler is held on, it's with a single strip of 3M supertape. Still supersolid, surprisingly enough.

firstshadow 11-02-2010 09:02 PM

Silver Dragon still lookin amazing - that CF bucket seat is something else though!

When do I get to check it out in person? :)

MNL ICE 11-03-2010 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Dads C63 (Post 4332539)
Hey Josh,
You do get all the cool stuff first!! The car looks awesome and that seat, WOW!! 15.5#!!!!!

Tell us more about the seat!! :y
You know why I want one. LOL :D

Dads C63, Josh gets the good stuff 1st but you make the good stuff 1st :y:y:y

C63 Guy 11-03-2010 06:29 PM

Here's a pic a friend took at the show:

http://i54.tinypic.com/2iax10n.jpg

Front row, baby.

Josh

marksman1500 11-03-2010 06:37 PM

VERY nice, those parts look awesome!!

C63 Guy 11-03-2010 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by MNL ICE (Post 4334122)
Dads C63, Josh gets the good stuff 1st but you make the good stuff 1st :y:y:y

It doesn't count that I made this on Friday?

http://i56.tinypic.com/2960u48.jpg

Josh

GHAZAN 11-03-2010 06:58 PM

how much or should I not ask?

Sincity 11-03-2010 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by C63 Guy (Post 4335346)
Here's a pic a friend took at the show:

http://i54.tinypic.com/2iax10n.jpg

Front row, baby.

Josh

Vegas_AMG said he couldn't find your car at the Optima booth yesterday. Did you get my VM?

Vegas_AMG 11-03-2010 10:13 PM

From the pic it appears to be outside the South Hall (wheels & tires). I didn't make it down that way yesterday. Will be there tomorrow & Friday I'll find it. S.D. looks much better than the last time I car since it had half of the AZ desert on it.............