Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Media Interface Plus installation. problems so far

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
You need the proper media interface in the vehicle in order to use the MIP. MY 2010 US Spec cars have it, prior they do not. I retrofitted my car with the media interface for around $700, then the MIP was another $300. The dealer did the programming for free - the MY08 with an upgrade to the COMAND software will work with the media interface on the fiber MOST network.

It's not a simple project but quite doable.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Well said, Sir
Old 10-22-2011, 04:40 AM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
GLE 300d (v167)
Thought it's worth posting in this thread that according to the MB website for facelifted w204's, iPhone video is supported using this cable:

"Media Interface video cable
Transforms your Mercedes-Benz into a cinema: the Media Interface video cable allows
you to watch videos on the monitor of your COMAND Online – while the vehicle is
stationary. Various video sources (e. g. camcorder, iPod video, iPhone, video player,
etc.) can also be connected to the Media Interface via the AUX connection
Only in conjunction with Media Interface (Code 518). "

Source: http://www2.mercedes-benz.com.au/con...cessories.html

So my question is, do I need to buy another special cable in order to get the video functionality since I already have the standard iPod media interface cable?
Old 10-22-2011, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by Yuille36
I will be the first to tell you, this thing is a pain in the butt. I was just like you, very frustrated with the whole procedure. I was ready to take it back for a refund. The only thing that I wanted was my contact list uploaded, Pandora was a plus in my mind. I screwed around with this thing for about a week, with little success. So I went back to the dealership, and learned that a salesman, has it installed in his car, and he helped me set mine up. It requires three pairings, phone to car, interface to car, phone to interface. If either of these pairings aren't executed, that it won't work. I have updated the software to the latest configuration from Mercedes. The text and email functionality does work with iphone, as the iphone doesn't support text and email thru MIP (Media Interface Plus). Just don't give up, if you just can't get it, take it to Mercedes and have them fix it for you. It should be at no cost, since their only pairing it for you. Have faith it will work.
If your phone has an internal loadable micro SC card, you can get an adaptor so it will plug into a PCMCIA card that plugs right into your MM slot. Otherwise down load your contact list via your PC on to a SCHD card. San Disk make the whole set up alot cheaper than MBZ. You can also load music onto a SCHD card and use it through the PCMCIA card instead of an ipod and it will display music info on your MM screen. This is good on pre 2010 cars that do not display the IPOD lists on the MM screen.

Last edited by DuaneC63; 10-22-2011 at 09:08 PM.