Where have all the vendors gone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Where have all the vendors gone?

Is it just my imagination or has forum protocol changed and vendors are no longer allowed to participate in discussions? The only time I ever see a vendor post is in salesman mode. Used to be plenty of advice and perspective from various vendors sharing their knowledge and experience but no longer.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
i noticed the same thing . not sure what's going on
Old 08-25-2011, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
Invisible vendors?

There are a couple of "bad seeds" that think they know it all since they own a certain model(C63 especially) and I think that the vendors(not all) just stay away from any thread that is mucked up with those members. I am sure you know who they are IMHO.

I answer ~12 pm's a day from MB World members and speak to other members on the phone just about every day. When I have the time to address new questions or threads I prefer to do it through PM and/or phone but that is just me.

I am always willing to help out members if they call or PM me for help or advise. Doing it one-on-one builds a relationship that cannot be built by just posting in threads.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
We too try to answer thread questions when applicable. We even go so far to recommend products that we don't sell when it is more appropriate. That is just good common sense and good business. However, I have to add, that sponsorship here is not cheap by any means. So we do have to remind noobs and old timers that we do have product to sell and appreciate support. There are a few trolls on here that act like if you sell anything, you are ripping people off - so that puts off other people that could contribute. I have had a couple of discussions with 2 other vendors about this very issue. However, I digress... before we were sponsors, even if we answered direct questions about our own products - we were banned. So for general non-sponsors, it is sometime hard to answer questions and completely avoid the fact that you may have something to do with said product or question.