MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Porcelain/Black Two Tone Leather Package (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/419740-porcelain-black-two-tone-leather-package.html)

C63coupe 10-19-2011 03:50 PM

Porcelain/Black Two Tone Leather Package

Hey everyone on my order I got the porcelain/black two tone package, I love the two tone combo.

But I'm alittle worried about how dirty the white is going to get, I take great care of my cars, no eating or drinking obviously. I only let reapectful people in my cars.

But if anyone in the past has had Mercedes white or if they now have the same package I'm getting.

How does the white hold up?? From everyday use

Thanks for any input

MercPlease 10-19-2011 04:38 PM

I had porecelain/black in my 08 C63 and it wore pretty well. I used some Griot's Garage leather cleaner which kept it looking like new. You should be fine :y

C63coupe 10-19-2011 04:42 PM

So it lasted pretty well?

Faraz 10-19-2011 04:45 PM

Blue Jeans

Blue and Black jeans will prove a big problem since they bleed color right off onto the white leather, if you are wearing jeans put down a nice microfiber on the seat and you should be fine.

Faraz

MercPlease 10-19-2011 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by C63coupe (Post 4881364)
So it lasted pretty well?

For the most part, yes. Over a while there was a little darkening on the bottom of the front seats but it cleaned up with leather cleaner.

C63coupe 10-19-2011 05:00 PM

Okay so it sounds like aslong as I get some leather cleaner it should be good, is wearing jeans that big of issue?

MercPlease 10-19-2011 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by C63coupe (Post 4881394)
Okay so it sounds like aslong as I get some leather cleaner it should be good, is wearing jeans that big of issue?

I noticed it some but it does clean out easily. If you wear dark jeans more frequently it might be a larger concern but I'm not sure.

AMG-010 10-19-2011 05:20 PM

I have sahara which is a very light cream. It's very easy to clean but the white stitching can get a little dirty. It does need cleaning more often than black.

olszowa12 10-19-2011 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by MercPlease (Post 4881429)
I noticed it some but it does clean out easily. If you wear dark jeans more frequently it might be a larger concern but I'm not sure.

Off Topic - can you post some pics of your Fisker Karma?
How do you like it?

C63coupe 10-19-2011 05:25 PM

Ok thank you very much Mercplease I appreciate it.

Ok thank you Amg

P.s I was literally about to ask about your fisker also, how do you like it?

MercPlease 10-22-2011 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by olszowa12 (Post 4881442)
Off Topic - can you post some pics of your Fisker Karma?
How do you like it?

Originally Posted by C63coupe (Post 4881451)
Ok thank you very much Mercplease I appreciate it.

Ok thank you Amg

P.s I was literally about to ask about your fisker also, how do you like it?

Don't have it yet. Was originally supposed to get it the first half of 2010.. then the second half of 2010.. :X I put my reservation down in early 2008 too. Starting to become a pain and at this point and am tempted to just get on the Tesla Model S list.

No problem C63coupe! :y

Djovovic63 10-22-2011 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by C63coupe (Post 4881260)
Hey everyone on my order I got the porcelain/black two tone package, I love the two tone combo.

But I'm alittle worried about how dirty the white is going to get, I take great care of my cars, no eating or drinking obviously. I only let reapectful people in my cars.

But if anyone in the past has had Mercedes white or if they now have the same package I'm getting.

How does the white hold up?? From everyday use

Thanks for any input

I would not drive in your car if I was your friend.LOL. I mean I hate when people dont drink or eat in the car, or smokers that dont smoke in the car, I just find that weird. It feels to me like you didnt buy the car, but rather other way around.

C63coupe 10-22-2011 11:50 PM

Merc, so when are they saying you should get it now? If you have been waiting that long you mine as well alittle longer unless it's still a long time.

Dj, I I'm not a smoker and would never let someone smoke in my car, I don't want my car to smell or get ashes on it for someone else to smoke and if they are ur good friends then they would understand that and be fine with it. As far as eating I feel like it's just common courtesy not to eat in someone else's car no matter what interior or kind of car it is. I'm not a dick about it to my friends, I honestly don't even have to tell them anything they already just wouldnt do it.

I like my cars very clean, for my enjoyment and also resale value