C63 Black Pricing Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Originally Posted by mvagusta
Generic BMW? M5,550? editing mistake. I had more sport coupes and motorcycles then you have shoes in your young life. Also remember this a rumor is only half true. The black series c63 will get deluted some way or form. The clk is and will be original.
Did I mention my age??? Sadly the way you talk and act sounds like your a little wet behind the ears.....didnt lifes lessons teach you that there is someone always bigger, better and stronger than you, I certainly did hence I never get into your type of infantial behaviour.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK Black
Originally Posted by emericr
the BS C63 will be available pretty readily as many people who are on the list and have one coming will soon realize that a $135K C class makes no sense.
The economy is not the same as when the original CLK black came out.
I have already been contacted by 3 dealers stating they have one available to sell.
I have posted many times that anything over $100K will not attract many buyers.
For $135K, I am personally thinking of getting the Vantage S. Obviously not as fast but fast enough.
If the rumors are true that we will see less than 150 then I think you are dead wrong.

The CLK Black was a 135k C class and 350+ people bought them. MB just posted their best sales numbers in long time. I don't think the economy is hurting them much right now.

Just because you wouldn't buy it doesn't mean that 150 people wont.

To me you shot all your credibility when you shop a C Black against the Vantage S. These two cars have very different purposes.

Guess we will see right?
Old 12-04-2011, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
I really could care less what you think about about my cross shopping.
Just like people are bashing someone saying he'd rather get a P car, that is ridiculous.
People have different motives and urges behind their purchase.
Some only care about power and a 2012 GTR will be their choices and it will run circles around the BS.
All I am saying is that MB only made a few hundred at that price because they know the market will be small. They have enough marketing gurus studying the market. I can assure you that if they thought they could sell 1,000, they would because the profit margin is really high on that specific car. It is not like it is a brand new engine, chassis etc. An extra cost of 10K in parts for an extra 40K retail.
Let's wait a year and see how much that BS sells on the used market.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Originally Posted by Kaiba
Too bad France doesn't have access to the Lounge !!
Here in France we still don't have the base price and options.........
Pricing for western Europe should be pretty universal. Look at 130-150K Euro for fully loaded car with all the options.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Who says it will be produced as a wagon and convertible? In your post you suggest that MB is going to do 3 things they have never done - a BS wagon, a BS convertible, and more than a limited run. Lots of assumptions there, just saying.

If you want a summer toy, get a loaded regular C63 and pocket the $20k difference, there you go.
Production is set at 600 units worldwide
Old 12-04-2011, 03:47 PM

Just like people are bashing someone saying he'd rather get a P car, that is ridiculous.
Some only care about power and a 2012 GTR will be their choices and it will run circles around the BS.
All I am saying is that MB only made a few hundred at that price because they know the market will be small. They have enough marketing gurus studying the market. I can assure you that if they thought they could sell 1,000, they would because the profit margin is really high on that specific car. It is not like it is a brand new engine, chassis etc. An extra cost of 10K in parts for an extra 40K retail.
your extremely wrong. read a few articles and the GTR won't nearly run circles around it. this is from a car review

In fact, even AMG appears surprised at just how briskly the C63 Black will go round corners. In the hands of ex-DTM Champion and current AMG Ambassador Bernd Schneider, it’s lapping in the 1:36s – a full three sec. http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/amg/...screaming.html

and if you look at the quickest times around Laguna Seca vuala! the GTR and Ferrari 458 Italia are in the 1:36s as well. Looks like it's going to come down to the driver.

Ferrari 458 Italia 1:36.22 135 '09 570 / 1485
Nissan GT-R 1:36.35 135 '11 530 / 1736

Last edited by mei35inted; 12-04-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
So ~85% of this thread is misinformation. I'm sitting about 15 minutes from Laguna Seca after this weekend's AMG Academy (Advanced), and I asked an AMG higher-up (the highest-up corporate guy at the event) about the BS. From the horse's mouth: 75 allocated to the US so far; 75 is a feeler number, and final production number HAS NOT been set yet; the ordering guide is up on the AMGPL; all the BS's that were at Laguna for the press launch are at the arctic testing facility right now, as the lakes just froze up for the season; each AMG Perf. Center will be guaranteed only 1 for sure (obviously some might get more); the car is amazing.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Just like people are bashing someone saying he'd rather get a P car, that is ridiculous.People have different motives and urges behind their purchase.
Let's just wait and watch. If the initial production run of 500 worldwide is sold out as quickly as they are built then your logic would dictate that additional units be produced. After all, the development and factory tooling costs have already been incurred so the per vehicle margin on additional production numbers would be much greater than the initial. On the other hand, if MB ceases production despite the rapid sellout then you would have to admit that you were mistaken. I expect that regardless you will probably call the entire BS program a "flop" as you have previously stated and call it a day.

To the other point, calling a 911 exclusive is what's really ridiculous, nice car and if he would rather have one I completely understand but hardly exclusive.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2021 Porsche TTS
Hughes, with all due respect you are all over the place.
Not even MB right now officially pretends that the BS is sold out. I am willing to bet it is not and will not be.
Here's my definition of exclusive and sold out: the Lexus LFA. Overpriced in my opinion as well but the company produced X amount and you could not get one at a dealer if you wanted to because the whole production was already allocated to buyers with a full commitment to buy, not just a fully refundable deposit.
As you can see on this thread, as of today, there are still dealers offering their BS allocation at MSRP.
Regarding additional production, MB cannot do that as they would offend the people that bought that car and were told it was exclusive and that is reason behind the high price. That would be a major blunder.
MB is already doing a mistake by offering a BS wagon and potentially a sedan. They are diluting the exclusivity.
Regarding a P car not being exclusive, I guess you need to get around a little more. A 911 or a C63 for that matter is very exclusive and we are lucky to even be able to afford one.
It may not be in your neck of the woods or even more mine but that still does not take the fact that for 95% of the population, such a car is a rare sight and exclusive.
Regarding the BS being in the same league as the GTR, someone is smoking good stuff. That is like saying the new BS is in the same league as a 911TT S. The P and the GTR will spank the BS to 60, 100, 150 by more than a few car length and on the track, the magazines have already proven that the GTR is king.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:15 PM

bmw e-60 550i,bmw e-92 m3, c63coupe p31, stable of Italian stallions MV's
JMO
The black is nice, but not more then 100k. Exclusive No. 125k will get you a slightly used 2011 911TT or 2011 911gt3 or new GT-R, with enough money for tires and maintance. Don't get me wrong, I'll take the black at 100k for show of my collection thats it.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:20 PM

AMG
emericr , no offense to you guy , but you smoke some serious sh*t
Old 12-05-2011, 12:20 PM

CLK Black
First you say they wont sell and now your final comment is let's wait a year and see what they sell for in the used market. To talk about the resale market, first you have to agree they can sell them.

I never bashed Porshe owners

All I am saying is that I think that at 150 units they will sell all the have at 135K or less. They have done it before with rhe CLK Black and will do it again with the C Black.

Everything that AMG has ever said about the Black Series cars is that they have been limited in production. I would agree with your argument with the C63, I am sure they want to build as many as they can but the Black Series cars have been positioned in a different way.

Why is it so hard to believe that AMG could choose to limit hom many C Blacks they would build?

You are not going to get far with your GTR love afair around here. Yes it is fast in a straight line, it is even quick on a race track. See how well it holds up after some serious abuse on the race track and then you will see why some of us have chosen to buy AMG's Black Series. A stock GTR just doesn't hold up well to long term track use.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:27 PM

CLK Black
Not even MB right now officially pretends that the BS is sold out. I am willing to bet it is not and will not be.
Here's my definition of exclusive and sold out: the Lexus LFA. Overpriced in my opinion as well but the company produced X amount and you could not get one at a dealer if you wanted to because the whole production was already allocated to buyers with a full commitment to buy, not just a fully refundable deposit.
As you can see on this thread, as of today, there are still dealers offering their BS allocation at MSRP.
Regarding additional production, MB cannot do that as they would offend the people that bought that car and were told it was exclusive and that is reason behind the high price. That would be a major blunder.
MB is already doing a mistake by offering a BS wagon and potentially a sedan. They are diluting the exclusivity.
Regarding a P car not being exclusive, I guess you need to get around a little more. A 911 or a C63 for that matter is very exclusive and we are lucky to even be able to afford one.
It may not be in your neck of the woods or even more mine but that still does not take the fact that for 95% of the population, such a car is a rare sight and exclusive.
Regarding the BS being in the same league as the GTR, someone is smoking good stuff. That is like saying the new BS is in the same league as a 911TT S. The P and the GTR will spank the BS to 60, 100, 150 by more than a few car length and on the track, the magazines have already proven that the GTR is king.
I think your problem might be that your mind is full of incorrect information:

GTR is the end all be all of track cars
AMG will build a C Black Sedan
No one will pay 130K for a C Class
AMG will build a C Black Wagon

Now that we cleared that up, we can start working on the harder stuff like the fact that I was offered three LFA's by three different dealers during the "deposit" process.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:22 PM

How would you know what the BS will be capable of? Obviously it won't be as quick to 60 but that's nothing. MB is always conservative on their numbers and always post times that are so far off. C&D got .6 seconds quicker to 60 in the C63 Coupe then MB had claimed. MB anticipated the BS to lap Laguna Seca in the 1:39s and it was a full 3 seconds quicker and was running in the 1:36s which is in the same ballpark as a Ferrari 458 Italia and brand new GTR. The GTR is quicker than a 458 Italia on a straight line, but loses to it on a track. You enjoy your cheap, unreliable, plastic-y GTR
Old 12-05-2011, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2021 Porsche TTS
You guys live in a dream. I live in reality.
The GTR has been proven over and over that it is better than a 911TT-S in a straight line or on a track by magazines and consumers. So now you pretend that the BS will be in that league. LOL.
Regarding track times, you will always find a track that will help a particular car. Currently everyone views the ring as the benchmark and the GTR is far superior on that one. Quickest official time is 7:24 for a 2011 GTR. Ferrari 458 quickest is 7:32, Porsche 911GT3RS is 7:33. MB SLS is 7:40. MB CLK DTM is 7:54 and CLKBS is 8:02. I am willing to make a friendly bet that the BS will be around the ballpark of the SLS which is light years behind a GTR.
Your comments about unreliability and cheapness just shows you have no idea about the GTR and you are just a badge fan.
So if you think the BS will be better, keep dreaming.
I never said that no one will pay 130K. There will be at least a couple of hundred people that will buy it because it fancies their ego. I have no problem with that. All I am saying is that I won't be one of them. Last time I checked, it is my prerogative.
Regarding the C class wagon BS, I am just going by the news that was exposed recently. I would hope they do not but we will see.
Your comment on the LFA dealers calling you. LMFAO. That's all I have to say.
I have no "love" for the GTR as Dictator claims. I do love my C63 and would not trade it for a GTR. I have many times posted here that a tune C63 will beat a regular GTR (3 of us were proof at the mile run in Miami) and it is a driver's race. I know I am not comparing stock vs stock but just a point of reference.
However, I give respect to the engineering prowess of Nissan for a car that rivals or beats anything that MB has to offer or most manufacturers for that matter, regardless of price.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:45 PM

AMG
Quickest official time is 7:24 for a 2011 GTR.
Wah.... you live in reality ??
This time was done by Best Motoring , conducted by Nissan............ Youhou , open your eyes !!
The GTR 2009 was given 7:29 by same guys , and proved 7:39 and even 7:43 by others like Auto Bild and Sport Auto....

Admitting C63 BS is 7:36 and admitting MB is always giving numbers on the high side , I guess we will have to find out in couple months

Sure the GTR is fast , but not so fast
Old 12-05-2011, 05:09 PM

Believe me if Mercedes wanted to they could enter the super car market and completely wipe the field clean, but they don't care to do so. They can do anything they want, I mean they still have:

1. The fastest land speed record ever obtained on the autobahn at 269mph.

2. The Mercedes AMG brand is the most successful in the history of Germany’s DTM touring car series, winning 165 races from 342 since 1988 and securing a total of 32 driver, manufacturer and team titles. DTM cars are essentially raced out Mercedes C classes, BMW 3 series and Audi A5s. If they wanted to develop a car to wipe smiles off every super car owner's face they would have.

3. They have the resources, technology, and the best engineers in the world to do so, but they can careless. It's all about selling cans or corn to them and they're doing just fine. They rank twelfth among best global brands in 2011. Only car company to be better was Toyota at eleventh.

I don't live in Germany and I won't ever be able to drive a C63 Black at the Ring, but I do live in California and I will be able to drive a C63 Black at Laguna Seca and give a GTR a great run around the track.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Wow, $105k is a great price. I thought it would have been at least $10k more.

I'm a little hesitant b/c if you remember back in Nov./Dec. of 2008, there were quite a few brand new CLK Blacks sitting on dealer's lots. Fletcher Jones had three and they were willing to go about $20k - $25k below sticker. I almost bought one, but the deal fell through over about $9k. MB Corporate gave about $15k extra trunk money for that car and that's why dealers were heavily discounting them.

I can't help but think that that will happen to this car.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:48 PM

Cars
Originally Posted by nlpamg
I'm a little hesitant b/c if you remember back in Nov./Dec. of 2008, there were quite a few brand new CLK Blacks sitting on dealer's lots. Fletcher Jones had three and they were willing to go about $20k - $25k below sticker. I almost bought one, but the deal fell through over about $9k. MB Corporate gave about $15k extra trunk money for that car and that's why dealers were heavily discounting them.
I would suspect a lot of that was due to the economy at the time, with MB posting it's best November ever last month and with (supposedly) far fewer C BS than CLK BS hitting our shores it will be interesting to see if there are any brand new ones that end up sitting on lots or not.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Agent_Oorange
I would suspect a lot of that was due to the economy at the time, with MB posting it's best November ever last month and with (supposedly) far fewer C BS than CLK BS hitting our shores it will be interesting to see if there are any brand new ones that end up sitting on lots or not.
Definitely.

I just saw the order guide, looks fantastic and it's priced well. I don't care if it's a $100k C-Class, it'll be an amazing car. I love my C204 coupe and if I didn't have a GT-R, I would have gotten a C63 Coupe...

If they do discount the new Black Series like they did with the CLK, I may get one. I'll wait until the early rush is over and see what happens then. Worse comes to worst, I can always pick up a used SLS, but it just doesn't have the aggressiveness or the exclusivity of the C63 Black.

Can't wait to see all you guys that ordered them get them and put them on the track!

BTW, the steering on my C204 is electronic, is the C63 also electronic?

Last edited by nlpamg; 12-05-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hhughes1
Good luck Enjoy your exclusive Porsche along with about 10,000 others
lol, truth!

the only Porsche I'd compare this car to is a GT3. the new 991 GT3 is still at least 1 - 2 years away and it certainly will not be close to this price point.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:03 AM

CLK Black
You guys live in a dream. I live in reality.
The GTR has been proven over and over that it is better than a 911TT-S in a straight line or on a track by magazines and consumers. So now you pretend that the BS will be in that league. LOL.
Regarding track times, you will always find a track that will help a particular car. Currently everyone views the ring as the benchmark and the GTR is far superior on that one. Quickest official time is 7:24 for a 2011 GTR. Ferrari 458 quickest is 7:32, Porsche 911GT3RS is 7:33. MB SLS is 7:40. MB CLK DTM is 7:54 and CLKBS is 8:02. I am willing to make a friendly bet that the BS will be around the ballpark of the SLS which is light years behind a GTR.
Your comments about unreliability and cheapness just shows you have no idea about the GTR and you are just a badge fan.
So if you think the BS will be better, keep dreaming.
I never said that no one will pay 130K. There will be at least a couple of hundred people that will buy it because it fancies their ego. I have no problem with that. All I am saying is that I won't be one of them. Last time I checked, it is my prerogative.
Regarding the C class wagon BS, I am just going by the news that was exposed recently. I would hope they do not but we will see.
Your comment on the LFA dealers calling you. LMFAO. That's all I have to say.
I have no "love" for the GTR as Dictator claims. I do love my C63 and would not trade it for a GTR. I have many times posted here that a tune C63 will beat a regular GTR (3 of us were proof at the mile run in Miami) and it is a driver's race. I know I am not comparing stock vs stock but just a point of reference.
However, I give respect to the engineering prowess of Nissan for a car that rivals or beats anything that MB has to offer or most manufacturers for that matter, regardless of price.
So you are the one that lives in reality?

All this sounds like bench racing to me.

Do I need ot remind you that you were the one that was spouting off that no one was going to buy the C Black?

I'm done
Old 12-06-2011, 04:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Guys,

This thread is turning for the worse. I see little value in all these comparisons between BS, GTRs, 911s etc. Some points to think about:
  • Is the BS worth the money? Who know, who cares. Many high performance cars are not "worth" the price they charge, but that is the market. If you have the $ and want a BS then get one. It is usually the people who can't afford one are usually the ones rag on about how expensive it is - not trying to sound snobby here but get off of it.
  • Times - all BS! Times at Laguna, Nordschliefe etc are all done by Pros. The biggest variable in lap times is the driver, not the car. Are we all so high on our driving abilities? Candidly I have been handed my a-- by Bernd Schneider, Thomas Jager, Susies Stoddart, Bernd Maylander and others at ADA events in Europe and they were usually driving a car 2-3 levels down from what I was driving. Nothing like having Schneider push you in a SLS when he is driving a C63! It is all about the dirver until the top 5% of where the car/tires abilities show up.
To close, is the car expensive? Yes. Is it overpriced? Most likely. But at the end of the day it is about market demand, desire to own the car and have fun with it and what it is designed for. Other brands/models...there are ton of great cars out there and they have great performance. But this is all personal preference and there is no wrong or right choice here.

Dave
Old 12-06-2011, 05:27 AM

AMG
/thread
Old 12-06-2011, 07:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 G63 AMG
Really doesn't matter what the price is. If you like this car and want to buy it, go for it. I don't see why people are getting so frustrated. Really no need for for disrespect on this forum! We're all here for the love and passion of these cars!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 Black Pricing Guide