Sick Cars for Healthy Kids

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
Sick Cars for Healthy Kids

Haven't been on this forum as much lately, as I've been really busy with work and life. One of the things that I've been particularly busy with is the desktop calendar that I've put together to be sold to generate much needed funds for the new children's hospital here in Vancouver, BC.

The calendar can be had for a CAD$15.00 donation, and every month features locally-owned sports and exotic cars, with the proceeds going toward the construction of a $5 million oncology centre for children in the new facility.

With the help of many photographers, graphic designers, web designers, and generous car owners, 3,000 of these calendars have now been printed and are ready for shipping. Here is a snapshot of what the calendar looks like:

The cars that appear in the calendar include a Lamborghini Reventon, a Lexus LF-A, a variety of Ferraris, not to mention a Murcielago SV, LP550 Balboni, and others. All are local Vancouver cars, and I am very grateful to all the people who've pitched in their time and energy to make this happen.

Now I know there is already a huge contingent of Vancouver members on this board (I should know, as the single biggest thread on MBWorld is the "Vancouver, BC" thread), but I am hoping that the philanthropy amongst all MBWorld members extends beyond the Vancouver members. If you are indeed out-of-town, I will ship the calendar(s) to you wherever you are.

To get a better look at what the calendar looks like, please visit my website, www.sickcars.ca. Click on the Donate Now button if you wish to make your donation. You can of course purchase more than just the one, and if your province or state allows it, the tax receipt (which is automatically emailed to you) might just come in handy when it's time to file your return after the new year.

I appreciate you taking the time to read all this, and just in case you were wondering, the monies do not pass through my hands at all. All donations are made directly to the BC Children's Hospital Foundation (http://www.bcchf.ca/main/index.php), which has been helping families in our province for decades.

If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to raise them. I am also happy to respond to your enquiries via email if you send them to david@sickcars.ca.

Once again, thank you for contributing to the health of all kids in British Columbia, Canada.

Last edited by SebringSilver; 12-13-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:01 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
It would be great if anyone could support our local charity and pass this around to friends and car* enthusiast!

Thank you!

Last edited by JM; 12-13-2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Typo :)
Old 12-13-2011, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Jeffield
It would be great if anyone could support our local charity and pass this around to friends and cat enthusiast!

Thank you!
Car enthusiasts would also be welcome!!
Old 12-13-2011, 05:05 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
Stupid typo -.-

Haha
Old 12-14-2011, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey David, how have you been? Slick looking calendar.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Haven't been on this forum as much lately, as I've been really busy with work and life. One of the things that I've been particularly busy with is the desktop calendar that I've put together to be sold to generate much needed funds for the new children's hospital here in Vancouver, BC.

The calendar can be had for a CAD$15.00 donation, and every month features locally-owned sports and exotic cars, with the proceeds going toward the construction of a $5 million oncology centre for children in the new facility.

With the help of many photographers, graphic designers, web designers, and generous car owners, 3,000 of these calendars have now been printed and are ready for shipping. Here is a snapshot of what the calendar looks like:

The cars that appear in the calendar include a Lamborghini Reventon, a Lexus LF-A, a variety of Ferraris, not to mention a Murcielago SV, LP550 Balboni, and others. All are local Vancouver cars, and I am very grateful to all the people who've pitched in their time and energy to make this happen.

Now I know there is already a huge contingent of Vancouver members on this board (I should know, as the single biggest thread on MBWorld is the "Vancouver, BC" thread), but I am hoping that the philanthropy amongst all MBWorld members extends beyond the Vancouver members. If you are indeed out-of-town, I will ship the calendar(s) to you wherever you are.

To get a better look at what the calendar looks like, please visit my website, www.sickcars.ca. Click on the Donate Now button if you wish to make your donation. You can of course purchase more than just the one, and if your province or state allows it, the tax receipt (which is automatically emailed to you) might just come in handy when it's time to file your return after the new year.

I appreciate you taking the time to read all this, and just in case you were wondering, the monies do not pass through my hands at all. All donations are made directly to the BC Children's Hospital Foundation (http://www.bcchf.ca/main/index.php), which has been helping families in our province for decades.

If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to raise them. I am also happy to respond to your enquiries via email if you send them to david@sickcars.ca.

Once again, thank you for contributing to the health of all kids in British Columbia, Canada.
Hi,

Just completed donation for 4 of them as it was max # allowed. I indicated on donation page that I would like the calendars to be given to the children at the hospital. I am sure that there are some young boys or girls there who love cars and anything that makes them a just a little happier no matter how small is worth doing. This is a great cause and so relevant for this time of the year. Great job and hope fund raising goes well.

Dave
Old 12-14-2011, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Sincity
Hey David, how have you been? Slick looking calendar.
I've been incredibly busy this past year building new buildings here and in Toronto, as well as teaching at the university. But none of those endeavors seem quite as meaningful right now as what I'm trying to do for the hospital.

Please look me up if you're in town!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by harrower
Hi,

Just completed donation for 4 of them as it was max # allowed. I indicated on donation page that I would like the calendars to be given to the children at the hospital. I am sure that there are some young boys or girls there who love cars and anything that makes them a just a little happier no matter how small is worth doing. This is a great cause and so relevant for this time of the year. Great job and hope fund raising goes well.

Dave
I replied to your email, Dave. I think it's an excellent idea. And thank you for your tremendous generosity. The kids will be very happy I'm sure!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:37 AM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
Originally Posted by harrower
Hi,

Dave

Thank you!

Your generosity is greatly appreciated! The main thing is that you are giving the calendars to kids that makes it that much better! You are a great man

Cheers
Old 12-14-2011, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 G63 AMG
Do you ship these to montreal?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:08 AM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
I believe we do, I don't see why not?

Since we are Canadian's as well... If not I will personally ship it to you!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by vcruiser
Do you ship these to montreal?
Indeed we do. Simply tick the circle on the donations page that indicates you want the calendar(s) to be sent to the address you entered. That's all it takes!

Thank you! Or perhaps I should say merci beaucoup!
Old 12-16-2011, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Great initiative guys... sticky.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
Great cause! Bought a couple. Great christmas gift both for the kids and some friends! If there's a problem shipping to Finland, just give them to the children instead.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 430 Likes on 353 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
I jumped in for 4 and asked they be given to sick children.

Good luck guys and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-16-2011, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I've been incredibly busy this past year building new buildings here and in Toronto, as well as teaching at the university. But none of those endeavors seem quite as meaningful right now as what I'm trying to do for the hospital.

Please look me up if you're in town!
Your banks up there did it right and not gotten yourselves in this financial mess. I should be up there in May and I'll look you guys up! Staying at the same place.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:56 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
I'll be in Vegas in Jan!

Thanks for all the support guys!
Old 12-17-2011, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Great idea...I am in.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:04 AM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Great idea...I am in.
Thanks!

It's great to see lots of people helping and supporting!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Thank you, everyone, for the wonderful support! You are making a difference in the lives of the children here in BC. MBWorld for the win!
Old 12-23-2011, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Oh, and by the way, when my IT guy returns from his holiday break, I will have him enable the downloading function, for people who have donated, so that you can get the twelve photos from the calendar in a variety of high res sizes to use as your computer wallpaper.

Have a very Merry Christmas, folks!
Old 12-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Oh, and by the way, when my IT guy returns from his holiday break, I will have him enable the downloading function, for people who have donated, so that you can get the twelve photos from the calendar in a variety of high res sizes to use as your computer wallpaper.

Have a very Merry Christmas, folks!
Awesome job Sebring Silver! I host an event here in Boston that raises money for Dana Farber Cancer Institute. They were undergoing a massive renovation/expansion project when we started. It's great to see our help(as small as it was) goes back into the hospital
Old 12-23-2011, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
Awesome job Sebring Silver! I host an event here in Boston that raises money for Dana Farber Cancer Institute. They were undergoing a massive renovation/expansion project when we started. It's great to see our help(as small as it was) goes back into the hospital
That's fantastic! You know, owners of high performance cars often get a bad rap (sometimes justified, I'll admit), but there are many out there who are just as eager to help the less fortunate as they are to mash the throttle on an open road.

Love your signature photo and caption, by the way.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Here's more news, literally...I picked up this morning's copy of the Vancouver Sun newspaper, and we got a special mention in it!

Old 12-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
That's fantastic! You know, owners of high performance cars often get a bad rap (sometimes justified, I'll admit), but there are many out there who are just as eager to help the less fortunate as they are to mash the throttle on an open road.

Love your signature photo and caption, by the way.
While that picture was staged, I have several others like that, that are not :-(

My local forum does as much charity work as we can. Almost all of our events in 2012 will be charity events... We are hosting about a dozen or so rallies, runs and meets. By the end of next year I would like to see almost $30 or $40k in donations from our events.

I like to call it "doing the wrong things for the right reasons". Btw you would be amazed to find out how lenient Leo's are when they hear it's for charity

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sick Cars for Healthy Kids