C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 Black Series DUCATI EDITION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL 550
Originally Posted by propain
Just looking at the data that is available for now. Its been built and tested by many mags. Its not like its still in the dev phase.

Why isnt that good enough? The mags will do more testing than the average consumer anyhow and they have more experienced drivers and testers than the average person.

Its a great car and gets rave reviews. Thats not the debate. The debate is if its worth the extra 50K over a P31 C63 Coupe and can you match its performance with much less money. Pure performance perspective. The BS will always be a rare car next to the C63 Coupe. That is without question.
In Canada ex track pack it is only $30k more and it is worth it. You can match performance with far lesser cars for allot less money but then what is the point
Old 01-27-2012, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by Shegelman
In Canada ex track pack it is only $30k more and it is worth it. You can match performance with far lesser cars for allot less money but then what is the point
The track pack is the only thing that makes it worth it though. Leaving it out and you might as well get the C63 Coupe and tune it.

How much is the buy price on the C63 BS? The only thing I havent seen yet it prices by anyone who has pre ordered.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Canadian prices haven't even been released yet lol.

Speculation right now is $115k base in Canada, only options available are $1k Matte wheels, $5k track pack, $10k aero pack, making the fully optioned car equivilent in price to the US at $130k. Canada gets a leather interior for free (not available in US).

Nice thing about our dealerships up here, we never pay over MSRP. Might even get a $5-10k discount if you have an excellent relationship with your dealer.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by rage2

Speculation right now is $115k base in Canada, only options available are $1k Matte wheels, $5k track pack, $10k aero pack, making the fully optioned car equivilent in price to the US at $130k. Canada gets a leather interior for free (not available in US).

Nice thing about our dealerships up here, we never pay over MSRP. Might even get a $5-10k discount if you have an excellent relationship with your dealer.
5-10K discount? The owner better be related to you otherwise I doubt it. Way to little being sold. MSRP would be a deal.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63 S
Originally Posted by propain
5-10K discount? The owner better be related to you otherwise I doubt it. Way to little being sold. MSRP would be a deal.
I did an AMG performance event with Rage... I think he's on his 5th amg and second black series. He was slaloming in first and had trannies howling all day and they kept letting him drive lol.... They like him here.

The dealers in Calgary sell the most AMGs in the country and have been known to be good to their repeat clients. My C63 was my fourth benz in 2 years from the same dealer and they were really good to me on pricing. Dunno if that would extend to a black series but I can't see my dealer having the stones to stick me with an over MSRP sales price after our last few deals and the prospect of future business when my other two vehicles are ready to be traded in...
Old 01-27-2012, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
For that price it better come with a Ducati.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:06 PM

GL 550

We are all buying from the same dealer in Calgary. I was told $110k to $115k and I have believe it will be towards the higher end. Hopefully will find out soon.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:35 PM

C32, 911 Carrera S(991), C63BS
Originally Posted by norb
For that price it better come with a Ducati.

Yes, it will be the Ducati 848/AMG C63 Black Series Limited Edition.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
I just had my dealer send out another email to the Canadian liason for AMG Germany to find out the base....I have a feeling it is around 111K base. But really at this point, a few thousand dollars in price difference isnt going to make any difference in my order, I have my allocation and I am sleepless at night thinking of this car, unfortunately my build date is now in April with a May delivery
Old 01-27-2012, 04:17 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by Kaiba
Wah , I can't stop laughing at you
u'll be laughing once u get ur 130k toy and get ripped by gtr's
Old 01-27-2012, 04:18 PM

You can quote performance numbers all you want, I've already said that my 911 TT is faster than the CLK BS, and the GT3 will run circles around the CLK BS (and most likely, the C63 BS).

I'm talking about sheer entertainment value, that's where my CLK BS vs GT3 comparison stems from.

I've been comparing the GT3 with the CLK BS. Haven't taken delivery of the C63 BS yet, so hence, no comparisons.
Im just comparing it to the clk bs because someone said it is in the same class. Maybe price range but not number wise. I see the same with the c bs.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by w204nyc
I hate to admit it but its true.
At least with a ZR1/Z06/GTR your getting more (performance) then what you paid for. I feel like in a C63BS your just paying for the name and the exclusivity. Don't get me wrong, its an incredible car but I just cant justify paying that much money for a C class on steroids.
Personally Id look for a CLKBS, If I were to get one.

Last edited by _AMG_; 01-27-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 BS, GLA45
You seem to think we care about laptimes. If I wanted to kick *** at the track, I'd pick up an Atom.

The only people that care about laptimes are kids, bench racers, and race car drivers.

The GT-R references just baffles me. I've spent a lot of time behind the wheel of GT-Rs, they're unbelievably quick even for the unskilled, but it's such a bore to drive. Being able to take a BS and wring out a 10/10ths lap... can't wipe the grin off my face for a week. And yes, it'll still be a slower lap but way the hell more entertaining.

Last edited by rage2; 01-27-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
You seem to think we care about laptimes. If I wanted to kick *** at the track, I'd pick up an Atom.

The only people that care about laptimes are kids, bench racers, and race car drivers.
I don't think he was referring to laptimes, but all around performance.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:05 PM

CLK Black
All around performance? I think the point is that we all define that differently. It is a subjective measure.

Sometimes I just don’t understand why I read this forum. I thought that I came to share the passion that I have for some of the cars that I buy but half of the time it seems like I get sucked into these pointless discussions. Is the C Black Series worth the money over a regular C AMG? Over and over I hear a group of people trying to convince me for a variety of reasons why they think that it is not worth the money and the debate rages on. The GTR is faster, the ZR1 is less money, the ZL1 Camaro is quicker around the ring. For you guys the choice is simple, don’t buy one. Its funny to me how different everyone is on a forum compared to when I meet people at a Sunday car show. I can drive my CLK Black, talk to other AMG owners, Porsche, GTR, Corvette, BMW, Ferrari and Mustang owners and enjoy a nice conversation of mutual respect and admiration for all of the steel that is in a parking lot. Since 2008 I have never had a person come up to me to tell me that the resale of my car is terrible or that my car wasn’t worth the 140K that I paid for it. Yet this has become the norm here.

I have one on order to replace my CLK Black. Sure I could buy a hundred other cars but I chose the C Black because I believe that it will be one of the best dual purpose truly streetable track cars that money can buy that does not sacrifice some of the luxury that I like 70% of the time. It sounds incredible, looks to be quicker on track that the CLK Black, will be just as fun to drive and doesn’t blend in with everything else at a track day.

All this talk about what car is faster on track is really a joke anyway. The reality is that unless you are a semi-pro or pro driver you probably aren’t driving anywhere near to the potential of your car. There is always a better driver, a faster car, a more exotic one and a more expensive one.

As to the original topic in this thread, naa I think I will pass on a Ducati edition and just buy a Ducati and a regular C Black Series. It’s not that I don’t think it is worth 15K more, its just not worth it to me. The difference is that I can see that it might be worth it to some other enthusiast.

Certainly everyone is entitled to their opinions. That is mine.

Ciao! Back to your regularly scheduled TV
Old 01-27-2012, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by AMG Dictator
All around performance? I think the point is that we all define that differently. It is a subjective measure.

Sometimes I just don’t understand why I read this forum. I thought that I came to share the passion that I have for some of the cars that I buy but half of the time it seems like I get sucked into these pointless discussions. Is the C Black Series worth the money over a regular C AMG? Over and over I hear a group of people trying to convince me for a variety of reasons why they think that it is not worth the money and the debate rages on. The GTR is faster, the ZR1 is less money, the ZL1 Camaro is quicker around the ring. For you guys the choice is simple, don’t buy one. Its funny to me how different everyone is on a forum compared to when I meet people at a Sunday car show. I can drive my CLK Black, talk to other AMG owners, Porsche, GTR, Corvette, BMW, Ferrari and Mustang owners and enjoy a nice conversation of mutual respect and admiration for all of the steel that is in a parking lot. Since 2008 I have never had a person come up to me to tell me that the resale of my car is terrible or that my car wasn’t worth the 140K that I paid for it. Yet this has become the norm here.

I have one on order to replace my CLK Black. Sure I could buy a hundred other cars but I chose the C Black because I believe that it will be one of the best dual purpose truly streetable track cars that money can buy that does not sacrifice some of the luxury that I like 70% of the time. It sounds incredible, looks to be quicker on track that the CLK Black, will be just as fun to drive and doesn’t blend in with everything else at a track day.

All this talk about what car is faster on track is really a joke anyway. The reality is that unless you are a semi-pro or pro driver you probably aren’t driving anywhere near to the potential of your car. There is always a better driver, a faster car, a more exotic one and a more expensive one.

As to the original topic in this thread, naa I think I will pass on a Ducati edition and just buy a Ducati and a regular C Black Series. It’s not that I don’t think it is worth 15K more, its just not worth it to me. The difference is that I can see that it might be worth it to some other enthusiast.

Certainly everyone is entitled to their opinions. That is mine.

Ciao! Back to your regularly scheduled TV
Yes, people will view the topic "all around performance" differently.

No one can tell you or convince you the car is not worth it. The only person that can do that is you.
Personally I could care less how much a car devalues as long as I enjoy it.

Everyone is entitled to they're own opinion, but at the end of the day its only an opinion. Buy what YOU want and drive it.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:39 PM

The GT-R references just baffles me. I've spent a lot of time behind the wheel of GT-Rs, they're unbelievably quick even for the unskilled, but it's such a bore to drive. Being able to take a BS and wring out a 10/10ths lap... can't wipe the grin off my face for a week. And yes, it'll still be a slower lap but way the hell more entertaining.
ok man u got it, go spend 130k to have fun and slide all over the track. GTR is a lot of fun, maybe you don't know how to drive it.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
To rage2, you are 100% correct in your evaluation of the GTR, a moron can drive that car full out....and it still sounds disgusting, no character whatsoever....and for AMG Dictator, I think you have finally summed up in a very polite and mature way my sentiments. Your analogy of all these car enthusiasts that you meet are of the same experience I have had, mutual respect. I can say I have driven many cars in the same price point of the new BS, such as ZR1, Jagauar XKR, Maserati Grantrusimo S and the Porsche, and no these cars do not compare whatsoever to the new BS which I also had the fortune to experience, I keep saying this, but all of you that have ordered this car are in for a great surprise.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
ok man u got it, go spend 130k to have fun and slide all over the track. GTR is a lot of fun, maybe you don't know how to drive it.
The C63BS takes alot more skill to control on the track, its more involving imo.
There is no denying that both the C63BS and GT-R are fantastic cars.
I will admit that there aren't many cars that can offer the same level of performance as the GT-R in its price range.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:31 AM

AMG
Omg.... You are either a kid or a total moron... Stick with the toy car with **** interior , I'll enjoy my racing car with real luxury interior and fun as hell ...
I think you are just jealous
No need to add more on this topic as we are again in a gtr vs c63 war for no use...
Old 01-28-2012, 07:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
Its funny to me how different everyone is on a forum compared to when I meet people at a Sunday car show. I can drive my CLK Black, talk to other AMG owners, Porsche, GTR, Corvette, BMW, Ferrari and Mustang owners and enjoy a nice conversation of mutual respect and admiration for all of the steel that is in a parking lot. Since 2008 I have never had a person come up to me to tell me that the resale of my car is terrible or that my car wasn’t worth the 140K that I paid for it. Yet this has become the norm here.
Simple explanation... the internet brings out the tough guys (easy to be tough when you are 1,000 miles away behind your computer) and a bunch of kids pretending to be something they aren't.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A couple of fast cars.
Originally Posted by jrcart
Some of us don't care about depreciation. Name me a car that does hold its value.
I didn't know that "car" and "value" could be used in the same sentence...a bit of an oxymoron.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 BS, GLA45
Agreed with an exception... the GT-R is interesting in that anyone can drive it closer to the car's potential than any other car I've seen. I have a hard time chasing down owners that have very little track experience. It's pretty impressive in that regard.

I've been instructing track days for years, I guess I'm just ****ty at it.

Enjoy driving your GTR on your Playstation.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by gthal
Simple explanation... the internet brings out the tough guys (easy to be tough when you are 1,000 miles away behind your computer) and a bunch of kids pretending to be something they aren't.

Yet you make this passive aggressive comment as if YOU are the real deal.

Last I checked no one is being a tough guy. They are simply offering opinion. Some more colorful than others. These opinions are not without merit either. The Black Series is a nice car but its quite overpriced and doesn't hold its value. There are also many other BETTER options if you are just looking for a great performing track car in that price range.

Personal preference is fine and I have said many times. Just don't let it turn your preference into something it isn't and say something silly like the BS is on par with the GT3.

As far as wondering why you read these forums and needing a happy little place where everyone agrees with one another good luck with that. Forums have always been about debates and controversial conversation you most likely wouldn't say to someones face. Nothing wrong with that. Just like when you flip off someone who just cut you off in your car, I'm sure you wouldn't tell someone "F You!!" to his face for accidentally stepping in front of you on line at the grocery. Going by gthals above comment he would punch someone out it seems if they said "I like your BS but for the price there are better options" at a car show. Seems real mature.

Last edited by propain; 01-28-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Dude you are sick. You're a smart guy, you know exactly what I mean. I must say after seeing your posts in so many of these threads - I click on an interesting topic and lo and behold see these arguments and think "oh here we go!" when your username pops up and it always ends up the same way.

Hope you are in a profession where you get to use your talents to your satisfaction, and I'm not being facetious, being 100% serious.

Having said that I have not driven a GT-R, GT3, or BS, so I'm not qualified to give my opinion other than the BS looks pretty damn ridiculous

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 Black Series DUCATI EDITION