C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Absolute Disgust With MB/AMG Regarding my C63 BS Order

Old 02-09-2012, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Do u guys constantly have to wreck every thread with arguments over which car is better??? It's all personal tastes, different strokes for different folks!! It's getting repetitive.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
Jim,

you already have a one powerful M156. Why do you want to get another M156???

I say buy yourself the the new SL63 with the 5.5TT or get yourself the new SLS BS.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Originally Posted by Even Money
There's no doubt the GTR puts up the numbers. But you're really going to compare it to a 458?? Or even the SLS?? If buying cars was a simple exercise in dollar/hp then why are you even driving a "C" class? Go get a gt500. I could have kept my old STi and modded the heck out of it. I could have bought the GTR and slapped a AMS kit on it, but then again, I'm just not interested in AWD and FI.
It has the numbers not only to hang with said cars but beat them....Stock. I never said anything about modding. You do get more refinement and a Mercedes badge and if that's what you're looking for, then by all means, but from a performance stand-point the GT-R just makes more sense. What I'm trying to say is, the C63 BS doesn't put up the numbers(in my opinion) like the GT-R does. While you get a nifty Mercedes badge and an awesome exhaust note, it just doesn't offer the performance. Now, if you're talking about the fun factor then the BS wins hands down. That's exactly why I personally would choose one over a GT-R.

Originally Posted by blipit
I wouldn't touch a 997TT right now.

Not with next gen 991 hitting the showrooms. The new Turbo is just around the corner, with rumored tri-turbo setup.

Valid point. The 991 Turbo S is scheduled to debut later this year.

Originally Posted by Merc63
Do u guys constantly have to wreck every thread with arguments over which car is better??? It's all personal tastes, different strokes for different folks!! It's getting repetitive.

Wreck every thread? This is just a civil auto enthusiasts discussion talking about their favorite thing in the world - cars.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 02-09-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Hey Jrcart, sorry to hear this happen to you. I met you out at Fontana several months ago and you're a stand up guy with a sick car! Incidently, I was just called by my local dealership in Riverside and was told they had one sold and they were getting 2 more in if interested. Kind of far for you but you do seem to travel out this way!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by jacob502
Jim,

you already have a one powerful M156. Why do you want to get another M156???

I say buy yourself the the new SL63 with the 5.5TT or get yourself the new SLS BS.
I'm bored and I like the M156 powerplant. I had planned on getting an SLS BS as well but they have not even officially announced a realease for the SLS BS yet, I hear that the SLS BS is neary 2 years away from production. This experience has left such a bad taste in my mouth I will probably not be buying any MB's ever again.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DuaneC63
Find a low mile CLK63BS with a CPO on it. Virtually the same car performance wise. Save a bunch of money and not have to play kiss monkey with MBZ. Case in point my 2003 Porsche Turbo with an original MSRP just north of $150k. Picked up 3 years old with 3K on thr clock CPO warranty....$85k. 2009 C63 with an MSRP of just shy of $70k, picked up 1 year old with 8K on the clock CPO warranty .....$52k. It's nice to be the first kid on the block with the newest model, but is it really worth the PIA you have to go through not to mention the money premium.
LOL, I own a CLK BS, I ordered it and purchashed it new back in 2007, it was the first MB I had ever purchased and my dealer treated me very fairly and did not mark up the car(and they could have) and they did not know me from Adam. Since then I have purchased 4 MB's from them and they have been a great dealer to work with. They earned my business and loyalty the old fashioned way, through great customer service. IMO it's very unfair to my dealer that they can not sell me a BS because they are not a APC, as I said they earned my business but then MBUSA decides to only seel these new BS's through APC's so I am supposed to just turn my back on my dealer that has treated me right over the past 4.5 years???? Where is the sense in that? Furthermore my dealer was promised an allocation by somebody at MBUSA after I pleased my case in writing and my dealer pleaded their case. I began working with them in September or October of last year trying to get one of the new C63 BS's, long before DOG's or any ordering info was available. The news that these would only be sold through APC's was not made until December at the LA Auto Show Private Night. My dealer had agreed to sell me the car at MSRP, there was never any mention of any kind of a mark-up. My dealer and I were way ahead of the curve on this one, there's no reason I should not have gotten a car.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
My understanding is that a dealer has to pay $$$ for training to obtain AMG Performance Center status, and that any dealer could've done it. Something like 75% of Canadian MB dealers are APC's. The C63 BS was a perk for the dealers that invested into APC status.

For Canada, I knew about the APC allocation deal as early as June of last year. I know there are a few guys here that ordered a C63 BS from a non-APC dealer, and I haven't heard much about their allocations. I know one guy personally that ordered theirs from a non APC, and like yourself, got screwed over last week. Exact same situation as yourself, a good relationship with that dealer, and no allocation.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
That sucks. I just sent an email to my dealer to see if they have an allocation that's not spoken for and would be willing to sell for MSRP.

Good luck man, I hope you find one.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 BS, GLA45
I think the best case for JRCART at this point is that MB/AMG is reading (and I sure hope they are) and find out what went wrong at Westmont. They definately have an allocation, and must've passed the allocation on to a higher bidder.

If his car was already spec'd out for Jan build, it means that the changes were locked in by first week of January, and MB will have a say to whom that car should be sold to if there's anything fishy going on. So if JR does get his car it would most likely be to his specs. Even if you don't get your car, I would keep pushing to ensure that the dealerships don't **** over anyone else in the future.

Good luck.

Last edited by rage2; 02-09-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

UPDATE:

Well I recieved a pleasent call from my salesmen this morning. Appearently this thread caught someones attention becuase I was e-mailed a list of my requested options for me to re-confirm. I'm not sure if this means I am getting an car/allocation but by the looks of the names and e-mail addresses of people involved and copied(I scrolled down the history of lengthy forwarded messages)things look pretty official. That's all I am going to say at this point becuase of Confidentiality Disclaimers at the foot of every e-mail, the last thing I want to do is say something I shouldn't after somebody has appearently gone to bat for me.

If this does pan out I want to appologize in advance for some of my statements I made in this thread. That being said I hope this has maybe prompted AMG to re-evaluate the way they issue allocations especially for these special and rare limited production models that are offered every couple of years. There has got to be a better way for the true enthusiest and existing and past loyal MB/AMG customers to get "first dibs" on these cars. I would think that MB/AMG would want at least a handful of these cars to end up in the hands existing owners/customers. I don't see why a handful of cars can not be first offered up on the PL to loyal existing customers and then those customers choose the dealership that they want to purchase the car from. I know allocations can not go to a customer, they have to go to an authorized MB dealer but in my opinion a system like this would eliminate the price gouging and mis-information we have seeing.

I will keep everyone posted with updates if and when I receive any type of "official" confirmation that this is really going to happen. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but I really hope I can still get an earlier delivery than July, I had big plans for this one.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rage2
My understanding is that a dealer has to pay $$$ for training to obtain AMG Performance Center status, and that any dealer could've done it. Something like 75% of Canadian MB dealers are APC's. The C63 BS was a perk for the dealers that invested into APC status.

For Canada, I knew about the APC allocation deal as early as June of last year. I know there are a few guys here that ordered a C63 BS from a non-APC dealer, and I haven't heard much about their allocations. I know one guy personally that ordered theirs from a non APC, and like yourself, got screwed over last week. Exact same situation as yourself, a good relationship with that dealer, and no allocation.
Sounds like there is a flaw in the system somehwere.

The first I had heard about the APC's being the only ones to get them was in December at the LA Autoshow Private Night, i was not there but freinds and fellow MBW existing CLK BS owners were there. As soon as I heard that new I called my dealership to ask if they were an APC, they said no but said they had not heard that only APC's would be getting the cars. Being proactive my delaership called their AMG rep and asked the question adn they were told it would not be a problem and I would get a car becuase I purchased a BS from them in the past. Had they come back and said that my dealership would not get one we would have jumped on the Westmont allocation even earlier since Westmont is an APC. Now on the other hand I am sure there were alot of dealers out there telling people they can get them one that knew damn well that they could not and were only playing the hope game, hoping an allocation would fall into their lap, in the mean time they probably asked for big deposits on cars they knew they were never going to get. My delaer did not even want a deposit from me until the C63BS popped up on the Star net but I gave them a $5000 check anyhow, I did not want there to be any reason my order slipped through the cracks....and it still ended up doing so.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by jrcart
Sounds like there is a flaw in the system somehwere.

The first I had heard about the APC's being the only ones to get them was in December at the LA Autoshow Private Night, i was not there but freinds and fellow MBW existing CLK BS owners were there. As soon as I heard that new I called my dealership to ask if they were an APC, they said no but said they had not heard that only APC's would be getting the cars. Being proactive my delaership called their AMG rep and asked the question adn they were told it would not be a problem and I would get a car becuase I purchased a BS from them in the past. Had they come back and said that my dealership would not get one we would have jumped on the Westmont allocation even earlier since Westmont is an APC. Now on the other hand I am sure there were alot of dealers out there telling people they can get them one that knew damn well that they could not and were only playing the hope game, hoping an allocation would fall into their lap, in the mean time they probably asked for big deposits on cars they knew they were never going to get. My delaer did not even want a deposit from me until the C63BS popped up on the Star net but I gave them a $5000 check anyhow, I did not want there to be any reason my order slipped through the cracks....and it still ended up doing so.
Yea, that's pretty much exactly what happened with all the non-APC dealers, they took deposits hoping to get one. Reason why Naperville had no idea was because the emails only went straight to the APC dealerships.

In July, AMG will officially announce the latest Black Series installment: C 63 AMG Coupè Black Series.

This exciting vehicle, will be sold exclusively via our AMG Performance Centres as we have secured a very limited number of production.
That was sent out as part of an email to all APCs back in June. None of us would've known it was an APC exclusive except for APC dealers.

But hey, congrats if it all pans out! Looking fwd to seeing what you're going to do with it. Next time I'm in Chicago, I wouldn't mind checking out your beast!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:41 PM

C63, CLS550, CLK BS, Sprinter Passenger Van, Odyssey
My friends always pay MSRP when they order in advance for a Lamborghini and a Ferrari. One of them just got a rare to find LP700 at MSRP. There is no reason that Mercedes thinks they are on top of everybody else. I went to my dealership the other day and I saw a SLS with a large markup too. Why bother setting a MSRP for dealerships since they are manipulating their profit margin. There should be a law against this way of doing business. Some restriction must be applied!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rage2
Yea, that's pretty much exactly what happened with all the non-APC dealers, they took deposits hoping to get one. Reason why Naperville had no idea was because the emails only went straight to the APC dealerships.

That was sent out as part of an email to all APCs back in June. None of us would've known it was an APC exclusive except for APC dealers.

But hey, congrats if it all pans out! Looking fwd to seeing what you're going to do with it. Next time I'm in Chicago, I wouldn't mind checking out your beast!
If what you are saying is true then shame on AMG/MBUSA for not informing all dealerships. Common sense would tell someone that if they were able to purchase a CLK BS or SL65BS previously from a particular dealership that you should be able to go back and purchase another one from the same dealership, right? They are going to have alot of pissed off customers like myself on their hands if they did this to a bunch of people.

On a different note I am not sure why Naperville did not go through with the APC training, they are a very large volume dealer and Naperville is something like the 10th or 12th wealthiest city in the country, lots of disposible income here, MB of Naperville was one of the first Maybach dealerships in the country back in the day, my only guess is that they figured why pay for the training when we have a sister store less than 10 miles up the road that is an APC store, that's my only logical conclusion. There's more money in Naperville(ALOT more money) and I see a hell of a lot more AMGs on the road in Naperville than I do in Westmont.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by GuppyC63
My friends always pay MSRP when they order in advance for a Lamborghini and a Ferrari. One of them just got a rare to find LP700 at MSRP. There is no reason that Mercedes thinks they are on top of everybody else. I went to my dealership the other day and I saw a SLS with a large markup too. Why bother setting a MSRP for dealerships since they are manipulating their profit margin. There should be a law against this way of doing business. Some restriction must be applied!
Ferrari handles their allocations in an entirely different manner, they do it the way it should be done, good existing customers first, the more new Ferarri's you have purchased the further up the line you get pushed and then there is a seperate line for celebs and race teams and "special interest customers", they insure that the cars get into the right hands.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by GuppyC63
...also, any dealer marking up SLS's should ge their head examined, there are a ton of avialble SLS out ther at and even slightly below MSRP. My dealer had an SLS roadster available in December that was going for MSRP and my salemen told me they could "do better" if I was interested. I obviously did not buy the car but one of my friends fathers did.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
I think when you're only selling 77 of a particular model, most dealers will mark it up. Supply/demand. You may not like it, but unless you were a previous BS customer, you probably don't have much of an argument. We certainly don't need more regulations for selling cars at MSRP.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Merc63
Wrecked? Everyone is having a civilized conversation.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
I think when you're only selling 77 of a particular model, most dealers will mark it up. Supply/demand. You may not like it, but unless you were a previous BS customer, you probably don't have much of an argument. We certainly don't need more regulations for selling cars at MSRP.
+1
Old 02-09-2012, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think the official number for U.S. is 96 units, I saw an e-mail earlier this week from someone at MBUSA and it stated 96 units. I am a previous BS customer and still own the car.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Good luck with this deal Jim, for the sake of everyone who follows the M156 it would be a shame that you dont get one of these vehicles in your hands.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by James@ACGSD
Good luck with this deal Jim, for the sake of everyone who follows the M156 it would be a shame that you dont get one of these vehicles in your hands.
James, thanks. I should be in contact soon regarding those wheels we discussed, as you can see the plans got put on hold but looks like it's panning out.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:18 PM

Received 132 Likes on 77 Posts
S 63 Coupe, GLS 63
I can confirm 100% that non-APC dealers are able to obtain an allocation. Not sure if it is customer dependent or if you gotta blow someone high up but it IS possible. 100% FACT
Old 02-09-2012, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
First mod will be a full car wrap of some sort. I'm tired of caring for a black car, but can't live without!!
OT, but check out the XPEL Ultimate stuff - they have some YT videos that are pretty incredible.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TECHNICIAN
I can confirm 100% that non-APC dealers are able to obtain an allocation. Not sure if it is customer dependent or if you gotta blow someone high up but it IS possible. 100% FACT
...I offered hookers and that got me nowhere LOL

It's actually sounding like I am going to get the car afterall, I guess these threads paid off.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Absolute Disgust With MB/AMG Regarding my C63 BS Order