MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   More time in the SLS GT3 - just checking in (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/461126-more-time-sls-gt3-just-checking.html)

harrower 08-25-2012 05:22 AM

More time in the SLS GT3 - just checking in

6 Attachment(s)
Guys,

Hope all is well with everyone! Been a while since I dropped in. I haven't done too much as of late with the C63. My C63 Black is at dealership awaiting pick-up but have not been able to get to Germany to pick it up due to business travel and been on road all the time.

Anyway, just some recent vids of driving the SLS GT3 and pics as well. Two different events:

1. SLS GT3 at Lausitzring - this was event where Tommy Kendall and Brian Vickers came over to test drive the car and do video series for AMG Driving Academy which I am sure most of you have seen. Anyway, I have already posted vids of in-car but here is vid from pits of sessions. My car is the Thomas Sabo car with black hood - this car was driven by Mika H last year in China at GT3 race. I love the sound of the car on the pit-limiter which is at end of video.

2. Event last month at Nurburgring. 5 guys from the US made their way over for the AMG Driving Academy on the Nordschliefe for the first days and this was a great experience. What a monster track and all I can say is respect it! The Academy made arrangements for the guys to have a half day in the SLS GT3s and so I decided to do some training/seat time. Here are couple of vids

1. In car -

2. In pits awaiting to head out - was held for some time while traffic came down front stretch.

Anyway, have a session next week at Nurburgring GP track with one of the Pro teams and their car so looking forward to it.

Pics attached for your viewing pleasure.

Dave

harrower 08-25-2012 05:25 AM

more pics

4 Attachment(s)
just some last pics

Roswell 08-25-2012 11:32 AM

Dang, David I envy you so much for all the seating time you get in the SLS GT3... the car looks solid & love the wheels on that car!!

Now, get back home to pick up your CBS asap... lol! If I knew I had such a car waiting for me at my local dealership, I would cancel my business trip. lol

Dads C63 08-26-2012 04:35 PM

Hey Dave,
Looks like a great time!! :y
Maybe someday I'll get a chance to run with you guys! Be safe and if I haven't told you lately I still hate you. :D JK

harrower 08-30-2012 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dads C63 (Post 5335031)
Hey Dave,
Looks like a great time!! :y
Maybe someday I'll get a chance to run with you guys! Be safe and if I haven't told you lately I still hate you. :D JK

Hey Keith,

Driving the GT3 is always a good time. Would love for you to come over and give the beats a try. Only problem is...once you drive a actual race car, going back to a street car is pretty much impossible.

Yeah, I know you still hate me!:)

Dave

ZephyrAMG 08-30-2012 05:04 PM

Looks great Harrower! Long time no see! Hope all is well and keep up the great events!