MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Never thought I'd be joining a MB board... (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/461564-never-thought-id-joining-mb-board.html)

///Bruce 08-28-2012 05:25 PM

Never thought I'd be joining a MB board...

Hello everyone. We purchased a 2009 Black Metallic on Cream C63 with the Performance Package a week ago Saturday.

We were looking for a car for the wife and went to MB Greenway in Houston to test drive ...ready for this...a 2011 Porsche GT3. For the wife as a daily driver for work. We both drove it and didn't like it. To each their own. Then we drove a 2010 Porsche Panamera. It was okay but just seemed HUGE. Deceivingly so. And lord help the poor SOB that spills a cup of coffee on that center console. Looks like the inside of a 787.

The salesman then suggested she drive a 2010 C63, white on cream. She decided she wanted it right then and there. This is NOT the woman I've known for 35 years!

While the deal was getting hashed out, I walked the lot and found the one we bought. What caught my eye were the front rotors. True racing two-piece rotors. I then looked at every other car there including the new SLS. None of them had these types of rotors. I then looked it up on the web and found that there was a performance upgrade that could be purchased or ordered.

I don't think the dealership knew what they had. Anyway, it has 19K on the odometer, brand new Michelin SS's all around and is CPO'd (certified that it was previously owned by someone...). Paid $50K with tttl.

All in all, I believe we got a good deal out of this. She is in lust with the car. So far, I've had a clear bra installed and am waiting to install the clear side marker lenses.

Btw, I drive a 2009 Shelby GT500, 6 speed, Red/Black, racing stripe delete, KW V3's, JLT Big Air CF 123mm CAI with SCT tune. So far...

Bruce

rage2 08-28-2012 05:43 PM

I believe the 2 piece rotors were part of the P30 package, which was discontinued when the P31 rolled out. They're great, until you check how much they cost to replace lol.

///Bruce 08-28-2012 06:09 PM

The way the wife drives, they'll outlive me. I figured they must run about $1K a pop.

Das Geld 2 08-28-2012 06:15 PM

How do you spot the diff between 1 pc and 2pc

http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/997-gt...93-wheels.html

They look exactly the same.

Fung63 08-28-2012 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by ///Bruce (Post 5337813)
Hello everyone. We purchased a 2009 Black Metallic on Cream C63 with the Performance Package a week ago Saturday.

We were looking for a car for the wife and went to MB Greenway in Houston to test drive ...ready for this...a 2011 Porsche GT3. For the wife as a daily driver for work. We both drove it and didn't like it. To each their own. Then we drove a 2010 Porsche Panamera. It was okay but just seemed HUGE. Deceivingly so. And lord help the poor SOB that spills a cup of coffee on that center console. Looks like the inside of a 787.

The salesman then suggested she drive a 2010 C63, white on cream. She decided she wanted it right then and there. This is NOT the woman I've known for 35 years!

While the deal was getting hashed out, I walked the lot and found the one we bought. What caught my eye were the front rotors. True racing two-piece rotors. I then looked at every other car there including the new SLS. None of them had these types of rotors. I then looked it up on the web and found that there was a performance upgrade that could be purchased or ordered.

I don't think the dealership knew what they had. Anyway, it has 19K on the odometer, brand new Michelin SS's all around and is CPO'd (certified that it was previously owned by someone...). Paid $50K with tttl.

All in all, I believe we got a good deal out of this. She is in lust with the car. So far, I've had a clear bra installed and am waiting to install the clear side marker lenses.

Btw, I drive a 2009 Shelby GT500, 6 speed, Red/Black, racing stripe delete, KW V3's, JLT Big Air CF 123mm CAI with SCT tune. So far...

Bruce

nice story :D congrats on the car! what other options did it have?

EkS 08-28-2012 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Das Geld 2 (Post 5337879)

Check again! :crazy:

///Bruce 08-28-2012 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Das Geld 2 (Post 5337879)

The two piece rotor is exactly that. The aluminum hub is bolted to the steel rotor via a series of hex nuts and bolts all the way around.

amg4rl 08-28-2012 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by ///Bruce (Post 5337872)
The way the wife drives, they'll outlive me. I figured they must run about $1K a pop.

The dealer quoted me $1200 per rotor for the fronts! Suggest aftermarket rotors ie: Evosport if you need to replace them.....Cheaper and lighter!

Sounds like you paid a fair price; assuming it is loaded the original window sticker would have been around $72K. Your price included tax, license, and CPO warranty? If so that actually sounds like a great deal!

I suggest you get a tune, it becomes a whole 'nother animal!

Enjoy it if you can get it away from the wife.........

///Bruce 08-28-2012 08:47 PM

Talk to me about tuning it.

melmanc55 08-28-2012 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by ///Bruce (Post 5337813)

Bruce

Congrats on the new 63 :) and you are right to each his own. My brother just picked up a 10' Porsche GT3 and my 09' C63 doesn't even come close to it in performance. The Porsche is on a whole different level. IMHO

amg4rl 08-28-2012 10:20 PM

ECU tune (reflash) runs about $1200 for a handheld unit with preloaded tune that you can use to manipulate ECU back and forth. Should gain at least 50 hp in 60 seconds and easily reversible. Different tunes and different camps on which one is best.... most popular seem to be OE tuning and Eurocharged.

Merc63 08-29-2012 12:02 AM

The two piece rotors are good for 100,000km under normal driving, just throw new pads on them when the time comes.

Enjoy

Killswitch747 08-29-2012 02:28 AM

Welcome Bruce! Funny thing is that I was at Greenway earlier that week and saw that same C63, nice choice.

farhadahmad 08-29-2012 02:54 AM

TUNE is a must. cut the resonator if u want to make it bark louder..... congrats on pick up .

VaclavSV 08-29-2012 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by farhadahmad (Post 5338310)
TUNE is a must. cut the resonator if u want to make it bark louder..... congrats on pick up .

Congrats on the car!! and +1 for straight pipes on the resonator!

MDiau 08-29-2012 08:59 AM

OT: Alex was a great guy @sharkwerks! Hooked me up with few things and also a badass sharkwerks shirt when I had my 997 GT3 :)

melmanc55 08-29-2012 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by MDiau (Post 5338441)
OT: Alex was a great guy @sharkwerks! Hooked me up with few things and also a badass sharkwerks shirt when I had my 997 GT3 :)

Did they tune your car? If so was there any noticable difference?

JCH 08-30-2012 12:00 AM

Congrats. Hope you get to drive it now and then! :)

Paculdo 08-30-2012 01:20 AM

congrats fellow texan! ;-) there's a thread here that has a link for these 2 pc rotors that had them below retail (i think).. this (option) is something that the sales people don't seem to pay attention too (which is good), otherwise, they'd be charging extra for this.

DuaneC63 08-30-2012 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by amg4rl (Post 5337997)
The dealer quoted me $1200 per rotor for the fronts! Suggest aftermarket rotors ie: Evosport if you need to replace them.....Cheaper and lighter!

Sounds like you paid a fair price; assuming it is loaded the original window sticker would have been around $72K. Your price included tax, license, and CPO warranty? If so that actually sounds like a great deal!

I suggest you get a tune, it becomes a whole 'nother animal!

Enjoy it if you can get it away from the wife.........

What a bargain. The Ceramic Rotors for a Porsche are $4,000 each.

khmergod 08-30-2012 10:19 AM

Vroom vroom.