C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Transmission Problems - Car Jolts and Delays in Shifts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG, C36 AMG, SL500
My transmission is more jerky than the other cars I have owned. Have you driven a few other C63's to allow a comparison. Mine is generally fairly smooth except for 2-1 shift in sport mode or when cold. When slowing slowly the 2-1 shift is a bit jerky for me at all times.
Good luck in getting this addressed.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Well push has finally come to shove...best of luck Skycap!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
You can drive mine merc....not sure what your describing then take me for a cruise
Old 03-11-2013, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Update:

It's been a battle but finally got through to the most senior service manager at the dealership and they said that other than "B5" service needed (which is false due to no proper reset during the last oil change at 10k) they can't find anything. He told me the magic words that I am tired of hearing, "we can't re-create the issue." Therefore, relinquishing them of any duties.

They asked if they could give the car to the "shop foreman" overnight to put 100 or so miles on it to see if the issues appear in that time. However, the idea of having someone run the car "hot and heavy" as they express without me being there seems sketchy. I'm currently not even in the country so who knows if they're trying to take advantage of that fact?

Therefore, I now find myself in a continuing battle where the problems aren't being taken care of although they exist but they don't exist for Mercedes unless they can "re-create" which I absolutely don't understand anymore since it's only getting worse and as soon as you put that baby in S or M it almost always re-creates.

I also brought up the knocking noises from the engine which I have recorded myself which is another issue with the car that may or may not have a link to the aforementioned. However, when I asked for his e-mail to send him the video of it happening he said that his e-mail can't accept any videos or pictures. Now how is it possible that an MBZ Service Manager can't accept videos or picture in his e-mail????

Something is quite fishy here and it smells worse than the smell after driving the car.

Anyone know if via the vin# I can figure out if the engine was one of the defective M156s that needed new bolts? There has to be a way to find out.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
thx

Originally Posted by BerBer63
You can drive mine merc....not sure what your describing then take me for a cruise
Thanks for the offer Chris. It's really generous of you and much appreciated but I wouldn't feel comfortable driving your car. If anything I could cruise with you and we could maybe do a comparison to see if it helps getting to the bottom of something but I honestly would only take you up on something like that if I needed to. Your car could be perfectly fine, plus it's modded and an 09 I believe so if you're not being able to experience what I am already then I take your word for it.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I'm going to do w/e it takes to resolve this matter so any further suggestions or comments always help.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Record the event
Drive them around and show them how to reciprocate it
Take it to a new dealer
And your car is an 08 or 09, it has the old head bolts...no need to look it up

Which dealer? Good luck.

Btw my SA at MB Encino told me my mods wouldn't get documented. Despite my gifts, I found out the hard way and they declined me an extended warranty without an inspection because of "aftermarket modifications" which was on my MB USA record (this was from another dealer I had never been to). *******.

Last edited by BerBer63; 03-11-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Yea well it seems like it doesn't matter anymore if you are stock or tuned because once the warranty is gone, they don't care. I decided long ago to stay stock and not mess around due to the very reason that my warranty would get shot and the car kept having to go back to service. I also never really had a good experience with Encino's service. Although mine was purchased there they ended up scraping my front bumper and claiming it wasn't their fault and magically never recorded my "Low Coolant" issue on the service history. Ever since then I hesitate in taking the car back there.

I took mine to another dealer which I won't name until they complete their inspections. They are also pretty good about service but it seems they are also backtracking and not wanting to take responsibility for the bad components due to it being out of warranty. I will get to the bottom of it myself when I get back into the country.

MB service on this car has been nothing but a headache from day one.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, GLC63S
In sorry to hear about all the issues you had. I learned a long time ago the worst place to get your car worked on is the dealer. I have never once taken my car in to the dealer for anything. They will break more things in order to fix something else. That's why I moded. It's funny if I buy a car from someone and they tell me they took the car to a dealer for every service I will not buy that car. The dealer guys are no longer the guys that trouble shoot, the new guys get paid much less and they are just parts exchangers. I've had many friends who worked for dealers who now have their own shops due to the reason.. Good luck and take the car to a local independent shop if you want it done right. If you lived in the oc area I could recommend a few to you.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Merc-Skycap
Car is fresh out of warranty so now it's my problem essentially and logically it doesn't make sense to pay them just so the problem can come back again since they've had 4 years to properly fix it.
California Civil Code section 1793.1. (a) (1) Every manufacturer, distributor, or retailer making express warranties with respect to consumer goods shall fully set forth those warranties in simple and readily understood language, which shall clearly identify the party making the express warranties, and which shall conform to the federal standards for disclosure of warranty terms and conditions set forth in the federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty-Federal Trade Commission Improvement Act (15 U.S.C. Sec. 2301 et seq.), and in the regulations of the Federal Trade Commission adopted pursuant to the provisions of that act. If the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer provides a warranty or product registration card or form, or an electronic online warranty or product
registration form, to be completed and returned by the consumer, the
card or form shall contain statements, each displayed in a clear and
conspicuous manner, that do all of the following:
(A) Informs the consumer that the card or form is for product
registration.
(B) Informs the consumer that failure to complete and return the
card or form does not diminish his or her warranty rights.
(2) Every work order or repair invoice for warranty repairs or
service shall clearly and conspicuously incorporate in 10-point
boldface type the following statement either on the face of the work
order or repair invoice, or on the reverse side, or on an attachment
to the work order or repair invoice: "A buyer of this product in
California has the right to have this product serviced or repaired
during the warranty period. The warranty period will be extended for
the number of whole days that the product has been out of the buyer's
hands for warranty repairs. If a defect exists within the warranty
period, the warranty will not expire until the defect has been fixed.
The warranty period will also be extended if the warranty repairs
have not been performed due to delays caused by circumstances beyond
the control of the buyer, or if the warranty repairs did not remedy
the defect and the buyer notifies the manufacturer or seller of the
failure of the repairs within 60 days after they were completed
. If,
after a reasonable number of attempts, the defect has not been fixed,
the buyer may return this product for a replacement or a refund
subject, in either case, to deduction of a reasonable charge for
usage. This time extension does not affect the protections or
remedies the buyer has under other laws."