C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Australian's- C63 Depretiation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
toyota corolla 04- FML
Australian's- C63 Depretiation

In four years time how much would a used C63 AMG sell for. (At cheapest) In Australia

I can see that current C63 models go for about 160k at the moment. Earlier used models with only 20-40 kilometers on them are only 80-100 grand.

I've had a passion for cars since I was little and now If I get a job next year in the army it should only take 2 years to get a good deposit+finance on one I going to apply for an interview for defence jobs tommorrow (cavalry or rifleman). If they are more than 60k I can kiss this dream goodbye and move back to HSV/ FPV.

FML I love to ramble on. Cars are my motivation, the C63 this is my future wife

Last edited by Callum24; 01-13-2013 at 02:34 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche Cayenne
How old are you Callum?

Four years is a long time. Many things can (and will) change in that time frame. They'll be in the 40-50 range by then easy. But cars are not everything.. Are you gonna live at home forever? You should be buying property by then. Your future gf will spend half of your money too just sayin'
Old 01-13-2013, 06:55 PM

toyota corolla 04- FML
Im 17 atm. If I do get in the army I'll likely be on base for a year or two meaning that I only would pay $20-30 a week for rent/ food. Army is a good way to get money fast, but you have to sacrafice a lot. It's unlikely that I'll have a girlfriend in that time cause they keep relocating or deploying you. I plan on getting car, travel and with a some money leave the army after the 4 or more years to join the police and hopefully have a life. It's all just a plan, and is more than likely that things won't go as I thought they would be. btw 40-50k sound quite affordable for the beast.
This thread is what happens when I'm sick in the bloody holidays
Old 01-13-2013, 07:08 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Try and save money because thats just a good thing to do. Depreciation is very slow there thanks to holden and closed imports. Aussie prices are always terrible especially compared to nz. You might change your mind several times before you save your deposit anyway.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:18 PM

toyota corolla 04- FML
Could always just buy a FPV or HSV (the poor mans C63) my brother has one, actually quite a nice car. From pics on the net inside looks like C63 quality but with more plastic
Old 01-13-2013, 08:39 PM

Porsche Cayenne
Originally Posted by Callum24
Im 17 atm. If I do get in the army I'll likely be on base for a year or two meaning that I only would pay $20-30 a week for rent/ food. Army is a good way to get money fast, but you have to sacrafice a lot. It's unlikely that I'll have a girlfriend in that time cause they keep relocating or deploying you. I plan on getting car, travel and with a some money leave the army after the 4 or more years to join the police and hopefully have a life. It's all just a plan, and is more than likely that things won't go as I thought they would be. btw 40-50k sound quite affordable for the beast.
This thread is what happens when I'm sick in the bloody holidays
Again, a lot will change in 4 years.. Your plan might be out the window. Police are severely underpaid, you might need to give up the dream if you are heading in that direction. I went to Goulburn For training myself when I was 18 or 19. Was a terrible decision.. Came back to Sydney, studied finance (where the real money is), built my own business on the side and conservatively bought the e55 for around $85k when I was 21.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:12 PM

toyota corolla 04- FML
I don't aspire for these jobs for the money (the army pays good for a job out of high school), these jobs just appeal to me. They are mostly outdoors and equally dynamic in operations. I'm aware the pay isn't great but there is a bit of money there if you work yourself up (80 or 90k for senior constable nsw). I'm going quite well at school and am expecting an atar between 80-90 to leave me with my options open. At the moment studying at university (beside the police) doesn't appeal to me, probably because of the last 12 years of schooling.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:18 PM

2012 C63 Sedan, Magnetite Black
Hey mate, I don't mean to lecture because I totally understand you. When I was 17 all I could think about was getting a nice car. At the time I couldn't afford it but if you're gonna work that hard and save up that kind of money you should be doing something better with it. Sharemarket, house deposit etc. Otherwise you'll end up basically working your **** off for a car (the excitement will wear off) that costs you heaps in petrol, possible repairs and a massive depcreciation and financially you will have wasted years at a time when it's really important to get off to a good start!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:31 PM

toyota corolla 04- FML
I'm not financial expert but I always thought as Woolworths been a great company to invest in. Funny enough I work there atm (have to start somewhere) has any of you invested in them. Investing in shares seems like a big risk. Perphaps buying properties and leasing them to others would be a better long term investment?
Old 01-14-2013, 01:56 AM

2012 C63 Sedan, Magnetite Black
I'm not financial expert but I always thought as Woolworths been a great company to invest in. Funny enough I work there atm (have to start somewhere) has any of you invested in them. Investing in shares seems like a big risk. Perphaps buying properties and leasing them to others would be a better long term investment?
There's risk in everything including housing. Best way is to diversify, in 20 yrs you want to own stocks of varied types and real estate.

Get yourself a little stash of cash and talk to a trusted financial planner, they'll be able to tailor something that makes sense to you.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:23 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E63S
What you should spend the next few years doing is building up an insurance history driving an old beater. Even if a used C63 in a few years is worth 20K if you buy with finance the lender will make comprehensive insurance compulsory and you would really struggle to find anyone to insure you (at all - or if so - at a ridiculous premium) if you are say 20-21 years old and with no insurance history.
Start with something modest and build up your history - and lets face it if you join the army not much point owning a fancy car that you never get to drive as you are away OS on duty somewhere.
But hey good luck to you and lets hope you can get behind the wheel of one someday
Old 01-14-2013, 04:21 AM

toyota corolla 04- FML
I'm aware of the high premiums. I think my brother has third party on his GTS 307, which is similar to C63 (he bought/ financed it at 20 years old). I really have to get off this forum until I have one haha. All I think about is the future and dream cars, even though life has never been better at the moment
Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
How are you able to buy a car at such a young age?

I'm aware Australia has new driver plates ( n plates or p plates?) that prevent them from driving a forced induction or 8 cylinder car until they are 25? So how does one at 20 get a GTS 307?

The plate idea is something the states should come up with something here stateside. I think its a great idea.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:57 AM

Porsche Cayenne
Originally Posted by moosejaw
How are you able to buy a car at such a young age?

I'm aware Australia has new driver plates ( n plates or p plates?) that prevent them from driving a forced induction or 8 cylinder car until they are 25? So how does one at 20 get a GTS 307?

The plate idea is something the states should come up with something here stateside. I think its a great idea.
Yes we have 2 stages of "red p" and then "green p", which lasts for 3 years in total. So at 20 we can get our full license, hence I could drive the E55 at 21 legally.

I agree it's a great idea.. Can't believe 16 year olds can drive whatever they want in the states. Young drivers are also restricted by time curfews here (no more than one passenger after a certain time).
Old 01-14-2013, 09:18 AM

Porsche Cayenne
I'd like to re-iterate what tekzilla said. You really should be focusing on smart investments for the future.

If you have an interest in trading, go find some videos on warren buffet. He is the most valuable walking resource I've ever come across, you will learn a lot from him. But it can be a risky game particularly if you use leverage. Unfortunately i found out the hard way..
Old 01-17-2013, 06:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RR Evoque Dynamic, Benz Valente (work hack)
By the time you can afford it, it'll be hard to get one with a warranty and these AMG's can be a nightmare to own out of warranty. You almost need a slush fund of $10k.

As for getting there, the best piece of advise I can give is to find something you like doing and then turn it into a business.

No one working at Woolies would be driving a C63

Last edited by schmick325; 01-17-2013 at 06:09 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:52 AM

c63
the most important life lesson i have learned regarding money is that there is always another house, boat, car, woman around the corner etc. don't get attached to the idea of a certain possession. a deal should be right for the money and the time; nothing more or less. if you have to think, "how can I afford this?", don't do it. there is no shame at all in modesty when you are footing the bill.

if daddy is paying, then yes, there is shame in modesty

if you're interested in trading, get into finance and try to find a mentor in futures trading. cash stocks will not appreciate at the level you expect without very large dollar investment and you won't find leverage over 4:1 (at least in the US anyway). futures, on the other hand, often go as high as 40:1 in a regulated exchange. cash FX can be 500:1 outside of the US but tread carefully there unless you experienced trading the outrights.

Last edited by _timothy; 01-17-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:50 PM

toyota corolla 04- FML
Originally Posted by _timothy
the most important life lesson i have learned regarding money is that there is always another house, boat, car, woman around the corner etc. don't get attached to the idea of a certain possession. a deal should be right for the money and the time; nothing more or less. if you have to think, "how can I afford this?", don't do it. there is no shame at all in modesty when you are footing the bill.

if daddy is paying, then yes, there is shame in modesty

if you're interested in trading, get into finance and try to find a mentor in futures trading. cash stocks will not appreciate at the level you expect without very large dollar investment and you won't find leverage over 4:1 (at least in the US anyway). futures, on the other hand, often go as high as 40:1 in a regulated exchange. cash FX can be 500:1 outside of the US but tread carefully there unless you experienced trading the outrights.
I don't plan on buying this for like 4 years. Hopefully I would have landed a full time job in the army by next year. I have a interview next month. I don't think I'm the type of person to set up a business. So no there wouldn't be warranty either, but they should be 50% of the price they are now
Old 01-17-2013, 04:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Thumbs up

G'Day from Melbourne.
Mate, I applaud your decision to join the Army.....a GREAT career for any young man, so WELL DONE....and I wish you every success in being accepted.
My advice to you would be, don't worry too much about a car, ANY car at the moment. Your life, and all the exciting challenges & events, the friends you will make, the "bonding" that will occur, in the Army, are FAR more important than a car.
And in addition, there are so many things that will happen in your life, in the next 4 years, who knows what you will want then.....maybe you'll have met a good woman.....she might want input?!!
But it's still nice to dream isn't it?....At your age, I did the same, ...some of my dreams came true, some didn't!!!.....Exciting times ahead for you.
Good Luck, Pickles.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
as others have said, 4 years at your point in life is jam packed with exciting new adventures. you'll look back and be amazed at how much you had accomplished.

here's another game plan for you. in four years, find a rich girl, get married and buy the new C63 rendition.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:55 PM

toyota corolla 04- FML
Originally Posted by Pickles
G'Day from Melbourne.
Mate, I applaud your decision to join the Army.....a GREAT career for any young man, so WELL DONE....and I wish you every success in being accepted.
My advice to you would be, don't worry too much about a car, ANY car at the moment. Your life, and all the exciting challenges & events, the friends you will make, the "bonding" that will occur, in the Army, are FAR more important than a car.
And in addition, there are so many things that will happen in your life, in the next 4 years, who knows what you will want then.....maybe you'll have met a good woman.....she might want input?!!
But it's still nice to dream isn't it?....At your age, I did the same, ...some of my dreams came true, some didn't!!!.....Exciting times ahead for you.
Good Luck, Pickles.
Well said Pickles
Old 01-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Q..

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GT, AMG GLE 53
In four years time how much would a used C63 AMG sell for. (At cheapest) In Australia

I can see that current C63 models go for about 160k at the moment. Earlier used models with only 20-40 kilometers on them are only 80-100 grand.
Callum
A very rough rule of thumb, that works quite well in the AU market is
allow 10% depreciation per annum for cars 2-5 years of age.

Of course the reality is, you will see a larger variation in prices
as some cars are used as daily drivers, and others are garage queens.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:53 PM

toyota corolla 04- FML
Good news boys, I have started the application process to join the army. I'll post again in 3 years if I have a C63. Although everyone will be obsessed with the replacement
Old 01-21-2013, 07:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Question

Good news boys, I have started the application process to join the army. I'll post again in 3 years if I have a C63. Although everyone will be obsessed with the replacement
3 Years???...No way.....let us know the results of your application.
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:44 PM

toyota corolla 04- FML
Originally Posted by Pickles
3 Years???...No way.....let us know the results of your application.
Cheers, Pickles.
Will do. YOU session is next month

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Australian's- C63 Depretiation