New record

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Not in manual mode it isn't.

Playing with stall to figure out the perfect launch. The right amount of throttle, etc..

Pretty far from point and launch.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Originally Posted by propain
Its an auto. Break stall and release....

I am sure Weistec has made some improvements or some kind of change in the setup or track prep. This doesn't take away from Earl at all and this achievement I am just saying this car is a fire and forget weapon. Just point it in the right direction and let it do the work.
At this level of power "auto" mode does not exist. He has to change gears just like I did. He'll get the hang of it and will get that illusive 9 second pass.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
Its an auto. Break stall and release....

I am sure Weistec has made some improvements or some kind of change in the setup or track prep. This doesn't take away from Earl at all and this achievement I am just saying this car is a fire and forget weapon. Just point it in the right direction and let it do the work.
Dude, are you nuts? If u think it is so easy I will fly you out to California. You get in the car and if you can run even a 10.4 with this car (i will give you three runs to do it) I will give you the car. If you don't run the number you owe me 10,000 plus if you blow the car up you owe for the replacement.

To say this is fire and shoot is perhaps the most ignorant thing I have ever heard from you and you owe me and the Weistec crew an apology.

For the rest of you here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHbqTCxkyDY&feature=youtu.be
Old 02-10-2013, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55, SL63, ML550
Originally Posted by ecampbell
Dude, are you nuts? If u think it is so easy I will fly you out to California. You get in the car and if you can run even a 10.4 with this car (i will give you three runs to do it) I will give you the car. If you don't run the number you owe me 10,000 plus if you blow the car up you owe for the replacement.

To say this is fire and shoot is perhaps the most ignorant thing I have ever heard from you and you owe me and the Weistec crew an apology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHbqT...ature=youtu.be
Well said! And Congrats that is pretty frekin awesome!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig

LOL... whatever you gotta tell yourself bro. Bring it to MIR and ill be happy to run the numbers. If it blows up that's not my problem. Ill put you in a real race car and see if you can do the same.

Its an auto bro. I meant no disrespect but... ITS AN AUTO. I make no apologies for an auto. Manual shift or not its a matter of flipping a paddle. Its a point and shoot car that requires a bit more concentration getting your shift points right. Watching the video from 2:16 in car pretty much shows that. You didn't even have to steer correct... Point and shoot and hit your shift points.

Again, nice job. Fast car. Great job Weistec getting it there. Calling it a hard to manage car would be ignorant though... Aside from that you werent even driving. Talk to me about bets when you are actual the one driving the car.

Last edited by propain; 02-10-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
The car will be in Floria next month.

I will fly you down. You post a 10.4 the car is yours. You don't then you owe me 10k. DA doesn't matter at this level just heat.

This is not a powerglide. and either accept my challenge or STFU.

If it so simple then accepting my challenge should be easy.

In fact, I will put my title in escrow and you put 10k in escrow and we have a challenge.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Congrats!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
The car will be in Floria next month.

I will fly you down. You post a 10.4 the car is yours. You don't then you owe me 10k. DA doesn't matter at this level just heat.

This is not a powerglide. and either accept my challenge or STFU.

If it so simple then accepting my challenge should be easy.

In fact, I will put my title in escrow and you put 10k in escrow and we have a challenge.
Relax, I don't know why you are getting so heated over a simple fact that its not a hard car to drive. Its a great time and a great accomplishment. I believe the mechanics of the car were its set back, not the driver. Obviously Weistec worked it out. Congrats to them and to you as the owner.

If you want to continue to nerd rage over it then like I said, bring it to MIR and ill be happy to run the numbers. I have no interest in a 2008 Black Series. Thanks anyhow. You can keep it after I do. Ill bring one of my cars. Its still an auto. 3 speed manual valve body reverse pattern slap shift. If you don't crash it into the wall ill give you a cookie.

First though, maybe you should set the record yourself and tell me how hard it was since you weren't even the one driving.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
ecambell, WOW, congrats to you and all involved, when and where in Florida?
Old 02-10-2013, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by kustom2k1
ecambell, WOW, congrats to you and all involved, when and where in Florida?
Bradenton.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:07 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, GLC63S

Good job Bro, people don't realize the amount of hard work and the level sacrifice mentally, financially and physically it takes to build a car. Anyways congrats to you and Steve for all the hard work...
Old 02-10-2013, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Mustang 572cid BBF
Great video, thanks for posting.

Did you also race at Pomona during the summer? I thought I remember this car posting some awesome times -- especially since the heat at that race was just ridiculous.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Great work Weistec and congrats to you Earl, you should go to MiR in march 9sec for sure.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Relax, I don't know why you are getting so heated over a simple fact that its not a hard car to drive. Its a great time and a great accomplishment. I believe the mechanics of the car were its set back, not the driver. Obviously Weistec worked it out. Congrats to them and to you as the owner.

If you want to continue to nerd rage over it then like I said, bring it to MIR and ill be happy to run the numbers. I have no interest in a 2008 Black Series. Thanks anyhow. You can keep it after I do. Ill bring one of my cars. Its still an auto. 3 speed manual valve body reverse pattern slap shift. If you don't crash it into the wall ill give you a cookie.

First though, maybe you should set the record yourself and tell me how hard it was since you weren't even the one driving.

I can see why hes getting a bit twisted, because it is a difficult car to drive. A LOT harder than a slap shift 3 speed, Ive driven both and the 7G in manual is more difficult.

This is a 7G we are talking about here, it has to be driven in manual and the shifts are no where near instant. As we all know there is a big delay and its a battle to figure out the perfect shift points while dealing with the delay and not hit the rev limiter.

Ive done tons of runs down the track and still hit the limiter on occasion.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Merc63
I can see why hes getting a bit twisted, because it is a difficult car to drive. A LOT harder than a slap shift 3 speed, Ive driven both and the 7G in manual is more difficult.

This is a 7G we are talking about here, it has to be driven in manual and the shifts are no where near instant. As we all know there is a big delay and its a battle to figure out the perfect shift points while dealing with the delay and not hit the rev limiter.

Ive done tons of runs down the track and still hit the limiter on occasion.

I hear ya. I understand the tranny sucks and you have to time the shift points or bounce off the limiter. That doesn't define a hard car to drive. More like a frustrating car to drive.

Take my 3 speed slap shift, it lifts the front wheels and can easily get into the wall if you don't know how to drive. THAT is a hard car to drive. So yes, to someone who has never really drag raced before in some pain in the neck cars I can see how you could feel that way. Put earl in the other lane in that mustang and he will understand the difference. Put Earl in the driver seat at ALL! LOL. Funny how the guy getting twisted wasn't even driving. Hell ill let him take my Z06 down the track. Now THAT is a pain in the *** car to track.

I've seen this time and time again with Dodgers car and Dad's car and Mthis. Dad's car with the NOS interesting to see as those RPM's came up quick after 3K. Even in my car with much less power I mostly only shift in M mode at the track and can hit the limiter. These guys have perfected when to shift and at what RPM. Soon as you figure that out its a point and shoot missile. Its not hard to steer. It doesn't get away from you. Its smooth as butter. It simply goes. That was my point.

I guess my definition of a hard to drive car is different. The cars I am talking about you can get you seriously hurt or wreck it if you dont know how to drive. This car you can bounce off a rev limiter.

Either way, congrats again. Hopefully the car will get into the 9's soon. MIR would be the place to do it.

Last edited by propain; 02-11-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats!!

Is this Stage 3 or Stage 3 plus more?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Nice run what's the dates for fl. I'd love to come watch
Old 02-11-2013, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
Great job, and awesome run. The Mustang is also incredible. Anything that makes 10.1 look slow is insane. Wheels stands and all..

So to my point: I assume this was the "Open Test and Tune". Am I correct?

I really need to get out to Famoso, and there are two more scheduled: Feb 22-24 and March 16-17

Any plans to make either of these? Anything I should know before the events? (Previous exp is private events only.. I don't have a cage, and don't want to put one in. I'm shooting for high 10's.. Just want to make sure there is no issue there)

Great job guys!!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:47 PM

Excellent work Earl, very impressive, congrats.

Would love to have your car attend the next Shift-S3ctor Airstrip Attack event April 6 & 7, Josh (Silver Dragon) will be there with his built Weistec C63, should be very impressive as well. Again great work at Famoso!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Awesome and congrats on the record.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 430 Likes on 353 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Excellent job!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:17 PM

Earl, are you tracking the car on road coarses? Curious to see how the hp changed the dynamics of the car.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Originally Posted by dodger63
Nice run what's the dates for fl. I'd love to come watch
No specific dates yet as I am off to key west for a week and then off to London.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:40 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
respect!

and to the mustang driver for giving it up! respect!!

very awesome.....
Old 02-11-2013, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
No specific dates yet as I am off to key west for a week and then off to London.
Cool keep me posted I'd like to see it run

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New record