C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

flash tuning options!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
flash tuning options!

i am so pleased to see that there are flash tuning options for the C63. i come from a deep background of tuning experiences but i've never been one to rely on a shelf map - i've always tuned on a dyno, typically on a dynapack.

that changed when i got a cobb accessport for my previous STI. i used a shelf map and it was perfect. but they R&D the crap out of subarus and can reliably come up with a base map that works for the broadest range of cars. and that platform's ecu is quite adaptive.

i can't believe i'm even asking about adding more power but i'm curious if these C63s are reliably able to be flash tuned with a shelf map if you have minimal power mods such as just a panel filter change?

and from what i'm gathering, these ECUs allow a true back-to-stock reflash that is undetectable?

i'm looking through some threads now on this and not seeing exactly what i thought i'd see, at least about the shelf map stuff.

Last edited by builthatch; 03-01-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:21 AM

C63
I have a flash/canned tune from Eurocharge. I've been happy with the results but nothing beats a pro tune.

I didn't even know it was possible on the AMG till recently?

Coming from the Evo world also, a pro dyno tune can be had around $500.

Here, we are paying $1k for just a canned off the shelf map.

Now I know recently a few vendors came out and dropped the prices to $500. But the Mercedes tax is still ridiculous on every mod.

Reliability wise I have 10k on my canned off the shelf tune. Not saying much but that's all I have to go on.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:20 PM

2015 E63S AMG & 2013 GLK350
I am used to tuning my own cars also in the GM LSx racing world so having to rely on an off the shelf tune, and somebody else to do the work, hasn't been an easy pill for me to swallow but I caved and ordered up. Unfortunately I'm told the ECU in my 2013 is too new and I'm waiting for a file right now and I haven't had the chance to see how it works out

But hopefully soon, and then next step maybe headers
Old 03-01-2013, 06:28 PM
b16

2009 C63, 2000 ML 430, 1994 Del Sol Vtec
I've been flashed with Eurocharged v.3 from the handheld for about 15,000 miles now.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:16 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by builthatch
i am so pleased to see that there are flash tuning options for the C63. i come from a deep background of tuning experiences but i've never been one to rely on a shelf map - i've always tuned on a dyno, typically on a dynapack.

that changed when i got a cobb accessport for my previous STI. i used a shelf map and it was perfect. but they R&D the crap out of subarus and can reliably come up with a base map that works for the broadest range of cars. and that platform's ecu is quite adaptive.

i can't believe i'm even asking about adding more power but i'm curious if these C63s are reliably able to be flash tuned with a shelf map if you have minimal power mods such as just a panel filter change?

and from what i'm gathering, these ECUs allow a true back-to-stock reflash that is undetectable?

i'm looking through some threads now on this and not seeing exactly what i thought i'd see, at least about the shelf map stuff.
I can only speak to our tuning of coarse but all of our off the shelf tunes are based on hundreds of hours on our dyno. We have a C63/clk63 black/C63 black as shop cars and they are constantly on the dyno!

The tune on the C63 is actually night and day! We pickup a ton of power - 60-70whp!!

http://www.eurocharged.com/products/...oftware-detail

We actually sell a handheld programmer that you can use with the car. It allows us to email you files (if you change mods) as well as you can flash the car to stock if you needed to (dealer visits etc) With our particular tune we don't trigger a full write, so the flash back is undetectable! The real cool part is we open the throttle body more as well and many people are saying it sounds like they have done exhaust work!!!

If you have any questions just let me know! We have tuned thousands of amgs!!

Originally Posted by linjy2
I have a flash/canned tune from Eurocharge. I've been happy with the results but nothing beats a pro tune.

I didn't even know it was possible on the AMG till recently?

Coming from the Evo world also, a pro dyno tune can be had around $500.

Here, we are paying $1k for just a canned off the shelf map.

Now I know recently a few vendors came out and dropped the prices to $500. But the Mercedes tax is still ridiculous on every mod.

Reliability wise I have 10k on my canned off the shelf tune. Not saying much but that's all I have to go on.
We actually have a sale for our handheld AND the tune for only $999! That's less than most tuners charge for the tune alone!

We have a ton of customers with over 10k on the car post tune!

Originally Posted by TTA850
I am used to tuning my own cars also in the GM LSx racing world so having to rely on an off the shelf tune, and somebody else to do the work, hasn't been an easy pill for me to swallow but I caved and ordered up. Unfortunately I'm told the ECU in my 2013 is too new and I'm waiting for a file right now and I haven't had the chance to see how it works out

But hopefully soon, and then next step maybe headers
Ah so your the one! We have a pretty extensive database of all the stock software and yours wasn't even there yet! Rest assured we have many contacts in the AMG world and will get you taken care of! The headers are a great second mod!!

Originally Posted by b16
I've been flashed with Eurocharged v.3 from the handheld for about 15,000 miles now.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:02 PM

2015 E63S AMG & 2013 GLK350
Originally Posted by loungn14
Ah so your the one! We have a pretty extensive database of all the stock software and yours wasn't even there yet! Rest assured we have many contacts in the AMG world and will get you taken care of! The headers are a great second mod!!
Yup I'm the pain lol sorry

I'm confidant in your abilities and know I'll be satisfied with the results both now and down the road with future mods. Like I said I tune my own and other GM LSx cars in the NYC/LI/NJ area so giving up the control of tuning wasn't easy but after a lot of reading and talking with customers of various tuners the decision was fairly easy for me. Looking forward to seeing what the car can do when not restricted, thanks again
Old 03-01-2013, 08:53 PM

2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by loungn14
I can only speak to our tuning of coarse but all of our off the shelf tunes are based on hundreds of hours on our dyno. We have a C63/clk63 black/C63 black as shop cars and they are constantly on the dyno!

The tune on the C63 is actually night and day! We pickup a ton of power - 60-70whp!!

http://www.eurocharged.com/products/...oftware-detail

We actually sell a handheld programmer that you can use with the car. It allows us to email you files (if you change mods) as well as you can flash the car to stock if you needed to (dealer visits etc) With our particular tune we don't trigger a full write, so the flash back is undetectable! The real cool part is we open the throttle body more as well and many people are saying it sounds like they have done exhaust work!!!

If you have any questions just let me know! We have tuned thousands of amgs!!

We actually have a sale for our handheld AND the tune for only $999! That's less than most tuners charge for the tune alone!

We have a ton of customers with over 10k on the car post tune!

Is the $999 sale current? I just checked your site and didn't see it advertised unless I missed it.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:59 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by TTA850
Yup I'm the pain lol sorry

I'm confidant in your abilities and know I'll be satisfied with the results both now and down the road with future mods. Like I said I tune my own and other GM LSx cars in the NYC/LI/NJ area so giving up the control of tuning wasn't easy but after a lot of reading and talking with customers of various tuners the decision was fairly easy for me. Looking forward to seeing what the car can do when not restricted, thanks again
not a problem!!!!

Originally Posted by SaintC63
Is the $999 sale current? I just checked your site and didn't see it advertised unless I missed it.
yes sir, you can paypal us to sales@eurocharged.com or call the shop monday to place the order over the phone.

I will be creating a coupon code and new post soon for ya if you want to go that route as well!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:40 AM
SPONSOR

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ale-999-a.html

Link to sale!