Beast

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 01:28 AM
A C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 E350
Beast

First ever drive of a C63 after looking at this car since it came out. WOW.

I've had several E class sedans and a V8 version in the E430 and an M3, but nothing compares to the C63. My dealer let me take one overnight and I got to spend about 30 miles with it on the road and a couple hours with it in the garage.

First impressions are the rumble, how astonishingly fast it is, road feel, great seats, tight fit and finish. It feels much more taught than my E. A little stiff, but understandable. The transmission is also light years ahead of the SMG tranny I had in my '04 M3. In C mode it is very docile. M is a kick in the pants.

We took it on the highway, winding country road and downtown. My son aptly named it the Beast and I agree.

Now, if i could get the board's insights on a couple questions it would help me decide some things. I'm not going to mod the car and it will likely never see a track. I drive about 8k miles a year.

First, I hate keyless go, don't want it. I only want leather (ideally porcelain/blk or red/blk) and multimedia and maybe lighting. Is this going to be impossible to find? The only cars that just have multimedia on the w coast don't have leather, there are several blk and steel colored.

I've read about 25 pages of the C63 forum. Great information. Not much mention of the non-leather interior. Those of you that have dinamica interior, what do you think? I like the fabric, what I would miss is the power and memory seats. Wife rarely drives, but nice to have. Thoughts?

Price. What would be an average $ off a 2013 and what would be a really good deal? I was going to buy outright, but don't like tying up that much $$ when money is cheap.

Thanks.

Last edited by A C; 03-16-2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:00 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS63S
Welcome to the board, I'll see what I can answer with your questions..

My car is my daily and it performs great. My car is heavily modded with everything minus a supercharger and I probably travel the same mileage as you do per year (8k+). The only difference is if I drive spirited the car likes to drink gasoline like crazy when I push it LOL

1. Chances are you are going to find most of the P2 multimedia packages will have keyless go installed. And you do want the multimedia package because this comes with bluetooth and navigation those are great additions to have as well as good resale items. Also with keyless go you can pop out the button on the ignition and use the key as you want (assuming thats the part you hate)..You can say you dont want navigation and things like that but you're buying a 65k+ car, why not have all the amenities?

2. I've never seen a C63 personally WITHOUT the leather package. The leather packages on the facelifts (2012-2013) is very nice and looks absolutely killer in the porcelain/black color. I couldnt see NOT having this leather in this car after owning one.

3. $65k-80k depending on the packages you choose. Chances are a car without navigation and without lighting might end up being mid $60k. If you get a car with the P31 Development package you can find yourself in the upper 75k really fast since these are the rarer of cars. Typically the p31's have every other option with them too so that brings the price higher. Pushing 80k if you're looking for a coupe with that package also.

Good luck!
Old 03-16-2013, 02:29 AM

2013 C63 coupe PP31......BMW 330
you can always pop off the start/stop button and insert key and turn
Old 03-16-2013, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
+1 to taking out the keyless go button and just use it like normal. but seriously keyless go is like my fav upgrade... how come you dislike it? plus having keyless go will help you in the future when it is time to sell it.

also... first test drive after all these years? what took you so long? lolz

also, regarding mods... as long as you change those ugly side markers... that is ok haha then you'll realize how weak the diffuser and spoiler is and will have to look at alternatives

welcome to this end of the boards. I use mine as my DD and it is quite amazing in this regard ( my walmart trips or the quick 10 min drive thru runs are a lot more fun now)
Old 03-16-2013, 08:59 AM

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
2009 c63
Originally Posted by A C
First, I hate keyless go, don't want it.

+1

I may be old school, but I like turning a key to start this engine.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
I don't get the turn key thing at all, but to each their own. Where keyless shines for me is never having to use a hand to unlock the car as well. To answer your question, talk to your dealer to search for the car you want or see if someone has an allocation you can use. My 2012 was less than 2 months from order to in my hands.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:04 AM

E63 AMG S
no leather in my c63. after having leather in all my m3's and watching it crack/harden/turn super shiny overtime, I am done with leather. not one to spend $200 on a detail/shampoo every month and honestly have never shampooed the leather myself; so in the end it all depends on your level of upkeep. I would say 95% of the ppl out there can't tell the diff beteen the MB dynamica and leather anyhow, esp as the dynamica still has that suede or faux suede (not sure what it is lol) insert going down the center.

most importantly, there is no real level of upkeep required on the dynamica...I have spilled drops of coffee on it and not had a worry in the world.

all preference.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:04 AM
A C

2016 E350
Questions

Thanks for the responses.

The car I borrowed was steel and Dinamica two tone interior with mbtex. I had mbtex in one of the E350s and it actually holds up better than leather. I like this interior a lot becasue its 2 tone and grippy, plus im thinking the bolsters are going to wear using a 2009 w/45k for comparison. The only bad part is no seat memory and no leather on doors. Oddly the coupe has seat memory w/Dinamica.

All that said, porcelain is beautiful. Liking red too.

I know the keyless go button can be popped off. Still not a fan of it.

What are the thoughts on price - would be an average $ off a 2013 be about $4,000? What would be a really good deal on a $65-67k car, $6k off? $8k off?

We did some searches, and did find a couple that have just multimedia, so those may work. Trying to see if I can get leather and multimedia, but in the color I want. I'll also find out about ordering, good idea Rory.

As to driving it... I guess I didn't want to lust after it and not get it. Plus E leases have been stupid cheap the past few years, this is not. Now that I have driven it, the car is seared in my brain!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG P30 + OE Tuning
Had a somewaht similar experience when I first went to the showroom to see the C63.. Once I switched on the ignition, there was no turning back for me.. I'm sure there is a wide variety to choose from in terms of options with the car. Best thing to do is go and meet with a dealer. Good luck..
Old 03-18-2013, 10:41 PM
A C

2016 E350
Pricing

That is exactly it, no going back after you hear & drive it.

For options I've settled on multimedia & lighting if I can find them by themselves. Porcelain is beautiful, but ultra rare. The are so many blk leather interior cars!

What are the board thoughts on price - would be an average $ off a 2013 be about $4,000? What would be a really good deal on a $65-67k car, $6k off? $8k off?
Old 03-19-2013, 06:30 AM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 ML 350 Bluetec
I went out to test drive a M3 sedan, told the sales guy I was also considering a C63. He mentioned there was a 63 around the corner, as soon as I started it I was hooked, it helped that Eisenmann had provided the exhaust. As soon as we returned from the test I bought it on the spot. I dropped my Porsche for the 63, it is the best car I have owned and yes it has all the goodies, keyless, leather but it is the split personality that sucks you in, subdued aggression just waiting to pounce but on the nights out driving miss daisy out for dinner..........you get the picture, go the whole hog you won't regret it at all.