Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
what do you guys think of this 63

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...37038770&Log=0
Old 03-26-2013, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
2010 with only 8k miles?? Better check the service records. Have you requested the CarFax yet? It appears to be in great condition, but I'm worried it was someone's garage queen and wasn't driven enough. That or the few miles were hard miles.

Edit: Just looked at the CarFax report...no one's driven it in 3 months and there have been barely any miles put on in 9 months. And before that, it looks like someone drove it 3k miles in one month. This is just bizarre to me, but at least there haven't been any accidents reported.

Last edited by CoolBDPhenom03; 03-26-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:31 PM

AMG
Would any serious damage be done from the car sitting for so long?
Like you said the car seems to be in great condition from the pics, the front plate looks to be drilled in which is something I don't like to see haha
Old 03-26-2013, 12:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
2010 with 8k miles for 49k.

Well, assuming its a 2010 and the in service date was probably somewhere in 2009. And with first quarter of 2013 gone, I wouldn't be surprised if the car is "almost" out of MB warranty.

Other than that, it looks to be a clean example.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:01 PM

AMG
Ya I would probably be looking at extending the warranty
Old 03-26-2013, 01:11 PM

your mom
Originally Posted by ari gold
Ya I would probably be looking at extending the warranty
But you cannot buy the OEM MB warranty, since you wont be the original owner. Its at a Infiniti store now. And MB won't certify it anymore. Not at that price.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:16 PM

AMG
So is an extended warranty out of the picture for that car?
Old 03-26-2013, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
2010 with only 8k miles?? Better check the service records. Have you requested the CarFax yet? It appears to be in great condition, but I'm worried it was someone's garage queen and wasn't driven enough. That or the few miles were hard miles.

Edit: Just looked at the CarFax report...no one's driven it in 3 months and there have been barely any miles put on in 9 months. And before that, it looks like someone drove it 3k miles in one month. This is just bizarre to me, but at least there haven't been any accidents reported.
Bro, you obviously do not know what it is like to live in a cold weather climate, my non daily drivers get parked for up to 5 months during the winter months. I do not think a car sitting over the winter is a bad sign. I would rather buy a car that is garage stored in the winter than one that gets driven through all the snow, rains and salt.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Would any serious damage be done from the car sitting for so long?
Like you said the car seems to be in great condition from the pics, the front plate looks to be drilled in which is something I don't like to see haha
Thre wouldn't be any damage from the car sitting, all my cars except my Raptor and my ML get stored from Nov-March every winter.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So is an extended warranty out of the picture for that car?
An MB extended warranty is out of the picture but there are other companies you can purchase an extened thorugh. Just do your homework, some companies are better than others. if you are dead set on an MB warratny you need to go with an MB dealer and look for MB CPO or a non CPO and purchase an MB extended though the MB dealer
Old 03-26-2013, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
Bro, you obviously do not know what it is like to live in a cold weather climate, my non daily drivers get parked for up to 5 months during the winter months. I do not think a car sitting over the winter is a bad sign. I would rather buy a car that is garage stored in the winter than one that gets driven through all the snow, rains and salt.
Fair enough.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:15 PM

AMG
An MB extended warranty is out of the picture but there are other companies you can purchase an extened thorugh. Just do your homework, some companies are better than others. if you are dead set on an MB warratny you need to go with an MB dealer and look for MB CPO or a non CPO and purchase an MB extended though the MB dealer
Cool thanks, is an outside company as good as a MB extended or are some things not covered an what not....ill look into it though
Old 03-26-2013, 03:38 PM

CLK63 Black Series
Exactly - and it amazes me that people still put an ounce of faith in Carfax LOL. Buddy of mine with an S63 got hit buy someone trying to make a U turn. Entire side of his car had to be replaced and repainted and nothing was reported to Carfax.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
2022 E53 SG
wait. someone clarify something please. Why do you have to be the original owner in order to extend the OEM MB Warranty? I thought you just needed to purchase the extension prior to expiration.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:06 PM

your mom
Originally Posted by ddcha
wait. someone clarify something please. Why do you have to be the original owner in order to extend the OEM MB Warranty? I thought you just needed to purchase the extension prior to expiration.
Its just how its been with MB.

To extend the original MB warranty - you either have to be the original owner or the original owner buys it for you before selling the car and transfers the warranty to you. Obviously, for the later scenario to be applicable, you'll have to find an original owner selling his car just within the realms of the OEM MB warranty and willing to buy MB extended warranty (and tack on the price to the price of the car)

The only other way to get MB warranty is to buy a CPO car and then extend the warranty before the 5yr / 100k mark.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
2022 E53 SG
Originally Posted by USCGTO
Its just how its been with MB.

To extend the original MB warranty - you either have to be the original owner or the original owner buys it for you before selling the car and transfers the warranty to you. Obviously, for the later scenario to be applicable, you'll have to find an original owner selling his car just within the realms of the OEM MB warranty and willing to buy MB extended warranty (and tack on the price to the price of the car)

The only other way to get MB warranty is to buy a CPO car and then extend the warranty before the 5yr / 100k mark.
Thanks. I've read conflicting things about this issue. It would be helpful if someone who actually sold MB extended warranties would chime in. It defies logic to me. I see no reason why the warranty shouldn't be extended as long as we can produce service records and purchase the warranty prior to expiration. But I guess not everything in the world is logical.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by PaulWdz
Exactly - and it amazes me that people still put an ounce of faith in Carfax LOL. Buddy of mine with an S63 got hit buy someone trying to make a U turn. Entire side of his car had to be replaced and repainted and nothing was reported to Carfax.
What's the alternative besides a PPI?
Old 03-26-2013, 04:17 PM

your mom
Originally Posted by ddcha
Thanks. I've read conflicting things about this issue. It would be helpful if someone who actually sold MB extended warranties would chime in. It defies logic to me. I see no reason why the warranty shouldn't be extended as long as we can produce service records and purchase the warranty prior to expiration. But I guess not everything in the world is logical.
I have owned 3 CPO MBs. In 2 different states. All bought from 3 different dealers. Each time, I had an opportunity to buy a slightly cheaper example under factory warranty from original owner or another non-MB dealer.

Each time I called multiple dealers trying to confirm the same concept of not being offered a plan to buy and OE MB extended warranty. The results were always the same.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:17 PM

C63
you could just buy mine for a lot less with 3+ year worth of warranty
Old 03-26-2013, 04:28 PM

2012 C63 Black Series

whats cold weather? when it goes down to 40?
don't miss the frozen winters at all

:p
Old 03-26-2013, 05:43 PM

AMG
Originally Posted by driftmotion
you could just buy mine for a lot less with 3+ year worth of warranty
Haha link to yours?
Old 03-26-2013, 09:54 PM

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
What's the alternative besides a PPI?
Nothing - A lift, an experienced mechanic and a paint thickness reader is all you need. I wouldn't trust anything else....especially Carfax
Old 03-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by PaulWdz
Nothing - A lift, an experienced mechanic and a paint thickness reader is all you need. I wouldn't trust anything else....especially Carfax
SCREW Carfax. When I bought my car back in 2012, it showed no accidents. Clean record. After few months, I checked the carfax again and guess what? An accident that occurred back in 2009 showed up!!!! I was disgusted by the situation. Had the car inspected, fortunately it wasn't a big deal... just the front bumper...

NEVER trust a Carfax. NEVER. It's just a marketing tool for naive buyers (like myself). Lesson learned.

Get a PPI and don't be cheap if you're considering buying ANY car.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:17 PM

Obsidian Black 2009 C63 w/ P30 Package
saw it at that dealership about 2 weeks ago...it barely had any dings on it but didnt bother to ask to test drive it seeing i was there to check out a infiniti
Old 03-27-2013, 11:10 PM

C63
Haha link to yours?
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...g-selling.html

PM me if you're interested.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what do you guys think of this 63