MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   WTF I bought AFE air filters and I got stock? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/499287-wtf-i-bought-afe-air-filters-i-got-stock.html)

natman316 05-14-2013 09:27 PM

WTF I bought AFE air filters and I got stock?

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7096/photophg.jpg

I believe these are the stock ones. they look like paper filter and have AMG written on them
I dont know what to think....ordered it on amazon directly from aFe. its not like they made a mistake by sending me the wrong fitment product. they didnt even send me their product and just sent me the cheap stock one...

can you contact an amazon seller?

Rsquad911 05-14-2013 09:48 PM

Someone ordered from Amazon... Installed them in their car put the stock ones back in the box and returned to Amazon for a refund.

Someone scammed Amazon and you got caught in the middle.

Sucks.

Contact Amazon ASAP

Why is the AFE box flipped inside out?
Check the last address it was sent from on that UPS waybill.

natman316 05-14-2013 09:53 PM

should I try to return it? or call them? I guess I will give them a call tomorrow. I dont know how to explain this to them lol

natman316 05-14-2013 10:00 PM

oh wow your right. the old shipping label was las vegas

Djmouz63 05-15-2013 12:30 AM

damn that sucks i just got mine 2 days ago through summit racing no complaints there, GL

Char_AMG 05-15-2013 12:57 AM

Damn they reversed the box

abcut973 05-15-2013 01:23 AM

That is really unfortunate but yeah these definitely look like stock air filters.
I do not want to generalize but I've never been tempted by amazon. And this sad example won't change the way i feel about this site. I'm more comfortable with buying stuff on ebay but again it's just a personal opinion.
OP I hope you'll get this sorted.

cloverfield 05-15-2013 01:54 AM

Las Vegas is one of Amazon's major distribution centers, and also the location where a lot of Amazon "Warehouse Deals" are shipped from.

Did you buy new on Amazon, or at a reduced cost in their Warehouse Deals section of the site? Either way, call them ASAP and they will take care of you. It definitely looks like someone abused the system and returned the stock filters and kept the aFe ones.

Sidv22 05-15-2013 02:23 AM

Amazon has excellent service. You can call them or chat with them and they will resolve the issue. Much better customer service than ebay anyways. Was the product sold and shipped by amazon or 3rd party?
Btw, can u provide a link? I am in the market for afe filters too.

CoolBDPhenom03 05-15-2013 04:04 AM

Amazon will take care of you.

jvanbrecht 05-15-2013 09:00 AM

Also, did you buy them FROM Amazon, or through a reseller fulfilled by Amazon. If it came directly from Amazon, I would be surprised..

I just checked, there are only 2 AFE filters that fit the C63 listed on Amazon currently, 1 is directly from Amazon,
The other is sold through a third party reseller.
Since the box was turned inside out, my guess is that it was the third party reseller. Amazon is actually pretty good about catching return scams, but considering the amount of stuff they ship and get back as a return daily, **** like this does happen occasionally.

Contact Amazon, they will make it right, and most likely give you a gift card as well :)

BAD430BENZ 05-15-2013 11:15 AM

if it's direct through Amazon , they have great customer service and will help you out . anytime i have a problem with something i ordered through Amazon , they usually send me the correct item and tell me to keep the wrong item :y

Sidv22 05-15-2013 11:23 AM

^^^ aren't the filters for $80 odd per piece? I wonder why they are showing up for $143 on amazon.

natman316 05-15-2013 11:43 AM

ok so i called amazon and got everything resolved. they are sending me a replacement and I have to ship this one back. thank you for the help everyone. seems like it was true someone scammed amazon by returning the stock filter. this thing has a sticker for being shipped to CA and NV before getting to me.

sidv22, 80/piece is for list price. usually it you can get it cheaper...the one i ordered is the same part number as the one on their website...which btw now also has a cheaper price (it didnt at the time of my order, so I bought on amazon)

jvanbrecht 05-15-2013 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sidv22 (Post 5648127)
^^^ aren't the filters for $80 odd per piece? I wonder why they are showing up for $143 on amazon.

Amazons prices fluctuate.. significantly, and by the minute sometimes. Rumor (completely unsubstantiated), is that based on the number of searches and page views on a particular item, the price can go up, or down, taking into account stock quantities and such.

VividRacing 05-15-2013 12:23 PM

I can get you guys AFE filters and this would never happen!

Same pricing as Amazon or better!

ZephyrAMG 05-15-2013 12:38 PM

Wow. Just wow to the scum bag that did the switch. Things like this make things more expensive and returns harder for the rest of us. Hope he gets a CEL for life...Really? To skimp and cheat for about $200???!!! Really??!!

Glad Amazon took care of you....

Sincity 05-15-2013 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by VividRacing (Post 5648180)
I can get you guys AFE filters and this would never happen!

Same pricing as Amazon or better!

OP-Do you have the address to where it shipped in Vegas? I hope it is not one of the guys I know.

VividRacing 05-15-2013 04:51 PM

I wish there was a like button on here! That would be awesome haha

Vegas_AMG 05-15-2013 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by natman316 (Post 5647647)
oh wow your right. the old shipping label was las vegas

Wasn't me. I have K&Ns.......:nix: Gook luck with the return

Sincity 05-15-2013 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Vegas_AMG (Post 5648477)
Wasn't me. I have K&Ns.......:nix: Gook luck with the return

:zoom:

I wonder what the odds are that this person is here on the board reading this thread? There can't be that many M156 motored cars here in town. BTW-is there an Amazon dist location here in Vegas? I thought it was up north near Reno?

Rsquad911 05-15-2013 07:18 PM

It would be awesome if we can find who the culprit is!

:smash:

Jasonoff 05-15-2013 07:31 PM

When you look back on it, it's actually a little funny.

What if you didn't notice and told everyone you noticed a performance improvement after install? :rolf:

jvanbrecht 05-15-2013 08:06 PM

Amazon has dist centers in most states, but only a few mega dist centers (Delaware is my closest one).

As for teh return scam, this is very common unfortunately. So many stories of people buying ipads and iphones, and other electronics, only to open them when they get home to find notepads and other filler crap in the box. Returning to the store results in the store treating them like thieves, and usually only gets resolved once ripped off customers get the media involved.

Most stores do not check items that have been returned with teh shrink wrap in place, which is what thieves rely on, and they use shrink wrap machines to reseal packages. Most times they sell the items on ebay and craigslist.

This is one of the reasons many stores are implementing very strict and crappy return policies, and why you should always open your package in the store when you buy electronics, once you leave the store, you get treated like a thief if you got ripped off.

landsteam 05-15-2013 08:58 PM

I once bought a iPod from amazon and the iPod box was empty, they sent me a replacement right away.