MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   AMS / ALPHA performance ALPHA C package **VIDEO INSIDE** (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/501497-ams-alpha-performance-alpha-c-package-video-inside.html)

AMS_Performance 06-03-2013 12:38 PM

AMS / ALPHA performance ALPHA C package **VIDEO INSIDE**

Being that we are going knee deep into the new MB platforms we did not want to forget about the tried and true 6.2. Recently we picked up a 2012 C63 to develop a simple but effective package. We call it the ALPHA C Performance Package:

In addition to those numbers we were able to hit 147mph at this weekends local 1/2 mile event as well as upset a few local domestic owners :)

For more information please visit http://mercedes.alphaperformance.com...pha-c-package/

Thanks!

Eric

Superleggera123 06-03-2013 03:00 PM

ams does it again

CarHopper 06-03-2013 03:08 PM

So 11 grand for a full exhaust and tune? Don't get me wrong, I mean the gtr alpha packages are insane but this just confuses me. I'm sure it's a quality tune but I just can't see this being competitive in the already established market for the c63. Could just be me thinking this way

olszowa12 06-03-2013 03:22 PM

Does this price include the Akrapovic slip-on exhaust?

noodleman 06-03-2013 03:23 PM

^^^

yes.

Package Includes
  • Akrapovic Titanium Evolution Exhaust
  • MBH Headers
  • Alpha VCS ECU calibration
Is it just me or does the numbers seem a tad low for this kind of mod, seeing how they are posting crank HP instead of rwhp?

dcm95ss 06-03-2013 06:37 PM

Any tune only dyno graphs?

CarHopper 06-03-2013 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by noodleman (Post 5667708)
^^^

yes.

Package Includes
  • Akrapovic Titanium Evolution Exhaust
  • MBH Headers
  • Alpha VCS ECU calibration
Is it just me or does the numbers seem a tad low for this kind of mod, seeing how they are posting crank HP instead of rwhp?

I would actually call the numbers very fair. This is just an example, but I'd rather have a company advertise a 100hp gain and you end up getting 150hp rather than advertise 150hp to lure you in and think it is reasonably feasible only to get 100hp. I've seen a lot of "with supporting mods" in fine print lately just to get a leg up on someone.

So, numbers, fair.

snaketits 06-03-2013 07:34 PM

id rather buy a weistec supercharger

SoFlaC63 06-03-2013 08:07 PM

Still dont we have companies doing this already?

Headers (pick company) 3,500+- new
Catback Exhaust (pick company) 2500+- new
Tune (pick company) 1500+- new
Total: 7500 give or take.
Why spend that much when you can do it for less? You can probably make the same power with the factory catback.

EDIT: There kit includes the titanium exhaust. That almost doubles the price tag.

SoFlaC63 06-03-2013 08:09 PM

Heres the dyno sheet from there site

http://mercedes.alphaperformance.com...ha-c-package/#

noodleman 06-03-2013 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by SoFlaC63 (Post 5668040)
Still dont we have companies doing this already?

Headers (pick company) 3,500+- new
Catback Exhaust (pick company) 2500+- new
Tune (pick company) 1500+- new
Total: 7500 give or take.
Why spend that much when you can do it for less? You can probably make the same power with the factory catback.

the Akrapovic Titanium Evolution Exhaust is 6800-7000 iirc.

SoFlaC63 06-03-2013 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by noodleman (Post 5668046)
the Akrapovic Titanium Evolution Exhaust is 6800-7000 iirc.

Yup just saw that on there site. Still though, if you decided on a different exhaust other than Akrapovic you could save that much money and still make power. There are however some people who like it.

SoFlaC63 06-03-2013 08:17 PM

So the other 4k ish is headers and tune. Obviously roughly assumed.

MBH motorsports 06-03-2013 08:22 PM

Great video! These guys are a great company to deal with.

forcefed6.4ford 06-03-2013 09:25 PM

Spending that much on just the exhaust only serves to make the owners dick feel bigger. What a waste.

cyberorth 06-04-2013 02:31 AM

To be fair, AMS, which has been very prominent in the GTR world and has excellent reputation, is a high end package type tuner. Nickel and diming, and comparing their products to value tunes is a moot point. You may prefer to stay at holiday inn, but plenty would prefer ritz and don't think of it as waste.
I do think that the era of tuning M156 has seen its glory days and the alpha c customers are less likely to be the readers of this forum, rather individuals who are likely to order their cars directly shipped to AMS for this or other like transformations.

CarHopper 06-04-2013 02:35 AM

The alpha packages for the GTR can't be touch as I have mentioned. But just getting into this market now won't benefit hugely... After all, people who have the money to ship their car around for heavy modification would probably do so to weistec for their supercharger. AMS -- Make a twin turbo application then some eyes will be poppin' :y

tfthach13 06-04-2013 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by snaketits (Post 5667996)
id rather buy a weistec supercharger

Pretty much this.

If you can shell out 11k, you shouldn't any problem coming up with a few more grand for a Weistec S/C.

forcefed6.4ford 06-04-2013 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 5668476)
Make a twin turbo application then some eyes will be poppin' :y

Now your talking. I'd take turbos over a SC any day of the week.

forcefed6.4ford 06-04-2013 09:38 AM

What I here when a car owner talks about spending twice as much money on parts that have no real performance benefit.

AMS_Performance 06-04-2013 10:12 AM

We understand this setup might not be for everyone and there might be cheaper options out there but we have never been about "cheap" but rather about quality. Akrapovic and MBH in our opinion are the best in their fields so naturally they were our choices for the exhaust system side of the package. The tune is REAL hp. We have learned a lot in the past few months about the HP numbers some companies advertise and how they are (to put it mildly) exaggerated. Sadly not many companies operate in this industry with a high level of integrity. All we can do as a company is put out what we know are honest hp numbers and 100% repeatable results. We wont play dyno games to get more customers and we certainly have had our chances. We also understand that for most this is a very established platform but we were asked to create a package like this by our dealer network for this car. Thank you all for watching/reading and for those that are not interested we appreciate the feedback.

Eric

forcefed6.4ford 06-04-2013 10:33 AM

I completely understand that when it comes to tuning, you really do get what you pay for. Ive learned the hard way and it has cost me. But I just think its humorous that the titanium exhaust is almost twice the money for no real benefit. A SS exhaust can and will do just as good as a job as titanium. And 4grand is not cheap. 7grand is ridiculous. I've run stock up pipes made out of OEM steel tubing at over 1800deg and in excess of 50psi of boost and never blew a pipe. It just seems like a waste...

CarHopper 06-04-2013 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by AMS_Performance (Post 5668689)
We understand this setup might not be for everyone and there might be cheaper options out there but we have never been about "cheap" but rather about quality. Akrapovic and MBH in our opinion are the best in their fields so naturally they were our choices for the exhaust system side of the package. The tune is REAL hp. We have learned a lot in the past few months about the HP numbers some companies advertise and how they are (to put it mildly) exaggerated. Sadly not many companies operate in this industry with a high level of integrity. All we can do as a company is put out what we know are honest hp numbers and 100% repeatable results. We wont play dyno games to get more customers and we certainly have had our chances. We also understand that for most this is a very established platform but we were asked to create a package like this by our dealer network for this car. Thank you all for watching/reading and for those that are not interested we appreciate the feedback.

Eric

Good to see some feedback. Perhaps you can offer packages? Such as get a sample of c63s together and make a few different tunes (stock, catback, full exhaust, race, etc.) and advertise those as well up to the whole package deal. If you could competitively price tunes then you'd have yourself a market because you already have the reputation through the name AMS.

IStern 06-04-2013 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 5668810)
Good to see some feedback. Perhaps you can offer packages? Such as get a sample of c63s together and make a few different tunes (stock, catback, full exhaust, race, etc.) and advertise those as well up to the whole package deal. If you could competitively price tunes then you'd have yourself a market because you already have the reputation through the name AMS.

+1

4k for headers + matched tune seems pretty reasonable actually.

SROC276 06-05-2013 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by AMS_Performance (Post 5667481)
Being that we are going knee deep into the new MB platforms we did not want to forget about the tried and true 6.2. Recently we picked up a 2012 C63 to develop a simple but effective package. We call it the ALPHA C Performance Package:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyBU1...ature=youtu.be

In addition to those numbers we were able to hit 147mph at this weekends local 1/2 mile event as well as upset a few local domestic owners :)

For more information please visit http://mercedes.alphaperformance.com...pha-c-package/

Thanks!

Eric

Eric,

Why does it make less power with the development package than without? I see 95hp increase and 110hp if without p31 package...? Excellent work...no intake mods? Would you guys offer the tune only?