C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

your thorts on few probs?

Old 06-14-2013, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ford rs focus (green)
your thorts on few probs?

Hi to you guys! im new to AMG and only had my C63 a week! But just thinking there maybe a few problems!
Can i ask whot engine temps should be? and is fan on for most the time!!
my temps are at a constent 85-90 and fan works overtime!

Also whots the power delivery like!! On my car it feels quite jerky and feels like it sticks sometimes(No power then a mad spert) Other times its as if the rev needles going round and the car is not going very quick!!

the cars almost new and only done 2000miles! So little woried!
Old 06-14-2013, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Those temps for the car are normal. Mine oil temp is usually around 217 degrees F, or 103C, and the other temp is usually around 197F or 91C.

The jerkiness could be because your foot isn't sensitive to the throttle yet. If the car surges forward and you're not prepared, your foot will come off the pedal, the car will slow a bit, then your foot hits the pedal again, etc. you get that jerky feeling. It also depends on how the former owner drove it. Kind of hard to tell by your description and without a video. Look up the steps to reset the TCU so it can re-learn your driving habits and see if that changes the car behavior. It should adapt to your driving style over time automatically.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:13 PM

ford rs focus (green)
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Those temps for the car are normal. Mine oil temp is usually around 217 degrees F, or 103C, and the other temp is usually around 197F or 91C.

The jerkiness could be because your foot isn't sensitive to the throttle yet. If the car surges forward and you're not prepared, your foot will come off the pedal, the car will slow a bit, then your foot hits the pedal again, etc. you get that jerky feeling. It also depends on how the former owner drove it. Kind of hard to tell by your description and without a video. Look up the steps to reset the TCU so it can re-learn your driving habits and see if that changes the car behavior. It should adapt to your driving style over time automatically.
Thanks for the advice buddy!! So the temps are ok! but is it normal for fan to be on so much and almost strate away!
Yes its probley my right foot buddy! And also never drove a Auto before!! So all very new for me buddy! Will look at TCU reset mate!
Old 06-14-2013, 04:16 PM

It varies.
Is the jerkiness noticeable in sport mode at low speeds? Or has it happened in comfort?
Old 06-14-2013, 04:28 PM

ford rs focus (green)
Originally Posted by MIKE ZELL
Is the jerkiness noticeable in sport mode at low speeds? Or has it happened in comfort?
Its ok in Comfort mode mate!! it in s and s+ mode! Whots the sport on button on the front dash mate!! only ever used the round diel with c/s/s+/manuel on! Sorry iv not had high tec cars like this before bud!
Old 06-14-2013, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
My throttle is jerky in S until the car temps warm up. That could also be a factor.

As for the fan, hard to tell without hearing it. A YT video might help.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:46 PM

ford rs focus (green)
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
My throttle is jerky in S until the car temps warm up. That could also be a factor.

As for the fan, hard to tell without hearing it. A YT video might help.
ok thanks!! Am going to take to merc dealer to have a quick look tomorrow buddy!

Thumbs up on haveing a wicked car mate! Best colour also bud!
Old 06-14-2013, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Thanks. Keep us posted on what the techs say.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
I made almost the exact same post as OP after my first week of owning my C63. Are you coming from a manual like I did by any chance? All that horsepower and a transmission that is not directly tied to my brain through my hand has been difficult for me to get used to.

Sometimes I want a quick burst of speed and go nowhere and immediately after performing my manuver it downshifts and revs like crazy as im taking my foot off the gas. You just have to get used to the transmission and hope it gets used to you.