C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

**NEED HELP** Window tints = sound problems (no sound) =(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 08:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2018 E63s
**NEED HELP** Window tints = sound problems (no sound) =(

After extensive research on this problem i encountered today, i decided to post on here to see if I can get some help from some of you experts on our cars. =\

I got my window tints done this morning and, unfortunately, once it was done, i got in the car to drive away and the audio was not working. All of a sudden, a weird noise from the back left speaker and the back speakers and a burning smell. I immediately turned off the radio and the car and called the guy who did the window tint install.

(2013 c63 coupe- US edition)

I had this issue with my '12 audi a5; got the tints, water dripped down from the back window install and burnt my amp.

Does this issue happen to our cars also? The audi issue was a known issue and posted all over the internet.

I immediately went outside in the sun (live in south florida) and left the car under the sun to "dry up" any moisture. 4-5 hours later.. nothing. Same thump sound from back left speaker and rear speakers.

I opened the back left compartment of the trunk to check the amp (i am guessing this is where the amp is) and i found a connection to an "amp looking" component. I unplugged it and let it be.

My question:

How do I check what is wrong? How do i check if the Amp is blown? If it is just a fuse blown? If it is a speaker or multiple speakers?

(I tried looking up fuse diagrams but can't find which fuse to check specifically)
(I also tried looking up what the amp looks like for my car and the location of it).

(The MM display works and it is on. The only thing is that there is no sound coming from it). =(

Please someone help!!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
this happened to my c43 way back when. water from the rear window tint install soaked the rear deck and speakers. I let I dry for a day and it worked again no problems. didn't have any burning smell though.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2018 E63s
Maximus,

Thank you for the reply. It is in the garage presently. Hopefully, as you said, after overnight, it will start working tomorrow. If not, I will attempt at taking it into the Stealership to sell them on the idea that it is their responsibility to fix it.

Any others with some advice?
Old 08-04-2013, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

also, if it doesn't fix itself, I'd think it's the tint shop's responsibility to fix, not yours or your stealership.

incidentally, I left my car in the garage with windows closed bc I wasn't even thinking it was fixable via drying. I was pleasantly surprised when it worked the next morning.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

did the sound problem clear up for you?