C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

need a recommendation for bodyshop in socal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
magic carpet
need a recommendation for bodyshop in socal

Hi all, im looking for a good bodyshop in socal area. i'd like to respray my whole bumper.

I've been to a few workshops so far, but only beverly coach craft seems to do a good job, but theyre pretty expensive.

would appreciate if anyone could give some recommendations!
Old 11-20-2013, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'13 CLS63 PP
Arroyo body shop in North Hollywood did really good job repairing my CLS. They do a lot of high end car
Old 11-20-2013, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
BCC did the rear bumper and blended the trunk lid on my M5. I give that job 98/100 but I agree about the pricing...I call it high but not unreasonable.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:57 AM

magic carpet
Originally Posted by Faris63
Arroyo body shop in North Hollywood did really good job repairing my CLS. They do a lot of high end car
thanks for the suggestion! i did my hood with the dealer i bought my car from, and that was a terrible experience. had to send it back in 3 times before they got it right. Even then, the corners of my hood was still done incorrectly. i gave up in the end.

anyway, were there any fish eyes or inclusions after the job was done?
Old 11-20-2013, 12:58 AM

magic carpet
Originally Posted by bhamg
BCC did the rear bumper and blended the trunk lid on my M5. I give that job 98/100 but I agree about the pricing...I call it high but not unreasonable.
yea, pretty expensive but its a good job at least. looking for other workshops to compare before i decide. any other suggestions?
Old 11-20-2013, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by fredtye
yea, pretty expensive but its a good job at least. looking for other workshops to compare before i decide. any other suggestions?
I'm taking the C63 to C&C Collision (Alhambra) in Dec. for front to back R&R…4 years worth of little stuff and both bumper covers are coming off as well as the hood. C&C has done a lot of the modded M cars around here.

You'll talk to Nate or Rett.

http://candccollision.com
Old 11-20-2013, 04:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'13 CLS63 PP
Originally Posted by fredtye
thanks for the suggestion! i did my hood with the dealer i bought my car from, and that was a terrible experience. had to send it back in 3 times before they got it right. Even then, the corners of my hood was still done incorrectly. i gave up in the end.

anyway, were there any fish eyes or inclusions after the job was done?
They did really good job no fish eye or inclusions. Since my car is 3-stage paint it was hard for them to match the rear bumper with other body panels from the first time so they repainted the bumper again I would give it 9/10 now. I was referred by a close friend who has a Corvette in Jetsteam blue metallic paint he got his front bumper and two side fenders repainted from some rock chips you can't tell it was painted they got it %99

It depends on your car color usually non-metallic color are easier to get them matched then metallic or 3 stage . %80 of the body shops will tell you that they can match everything in world lol
Old 11-21-2013, 05:22 AM

magic carpet
alright, thanks ill check those shops out. cheers!