C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

A few questions on a possible 2010 purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63 P30 PKG, Traded the 08 Charger SRT8
A few questions on a possible 2010 purchase

Hi, I am currently test driving a 2010 C63 and I am trading in my current car (08 charger srt8) My main questions come about with maintenance and things to look for. I have searched some on the forums but most of the posts seem to have lower mi with the regular scheduled maint. The car I am looking at has 60k on it. Carfax shows regular dealer maintenance done on it for most of its life. I work for a body/mechanical shop so I am having my tech do a pre-purchase inspection on it to check seals, rear diff, rack and pinion, etc. The car appears to be in really good shape from what I can see and I am very familiar with vehicles. The seals on the motor I can see from the bay look good, no clamp marks ont he undersides from prior frame work or anything like that. The test drive didn't seem to have any squeaks. The rotors do appear to be worn a little(there is a beveled edge on the outer lip of the front rotors from typical wear. Are the rotors 2 piece on these cars and are they a big item to replace? like 1k+?

Any insight or things I should look for that people can tell me would be appreciated. Also any major maint items coming up at 80 and 100? I know with vw's they have the 100k timing belt which is a huge service compared to most normal maint on it.

Last edited by supernova_inc; 02-24-2014 at 02:51 PM.