C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Replacing Some Items - General Inquiry - Please Help ('09)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
Replacing Some Items - General Inquiry - Please Help ('09)

2009 C63 AMG:

I have owned my car for two years and every mile accumulated has been my absolute pride and joy! At the age of 24, it's been a perfect combination of enough class mixed with performance and not too much status to consider extreme for my $60k annual position. But my days with this one are ending soon and I have to move on to my next passion. And with my damnedest caricature of globally analytical indecisiveness, choosing my next automobile rave is proving challenging. Maybe a late-model Cayman S.

During my quest for perfection here is what I need to accomplish, please help! - Note, looking for authentic original manufactures parts.

1. My biggest problem so far. Headlamps - On "auto" they turn on and turn off, no problems. On "parking lamps" fogs can be turned on and turned off. When switched to "on" the headlamps periodically and intermittently turn off and turn on. Even as I use the fog lamps, the problem still exists. Any ideas of what to diag?

2. Key Fob - Original key has been loosing range for the last year and now is non-functional until touching the driver's side near the front door. I have tried new batteries, no avail. I probably need to replace to a new fob. I hate to pay dealer sticker for the part. What options do I have for a new fob?

3. Command Knob - Inoperable during scroll feature. I have read up on the forum of this being common. As well, where do I find a better price for this knob then the dealer?

4. Bird's Eye Wood Trim - Driver's Side Front Door - Cracked horizontally in the middle. My biggest upset of the year! Is this a replaceable part and instructions to remove and install?

5. Cup Holder Chrome Trim - The two holders are peeling at the ends. Is this replaceable and instructions to remove and install?

Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it!

Tyler L.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E92 335i / C63 AMG / GSX-R 600
Originally Posted by twlent
2009 C63 AMG:

3. Command Knob - Inoperable during scroll feature. I have read up on the forum of this being common. As well, where do I find a better price for this knob then the dealer?

Tyler L.
I tried to save money and bought one on ebay. Went through all the labur of swapping it out and once I turned the car on the scroll did not work. Contact the seller "LA German" and he provided a refund, but I had to pay to ship it back.

I suggest you just go and buy a new one because any used one might be broken already or will break soon.

Other option is to open up the unit, and repair the piece that is broken. Search youtube for W204 Command knob and you will see instructional videos.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
2006 E320 CDI 2014 C63 507 Coupe 2012 E550 4M 2016 E63s Wagon
You are planning on trading this car in; are you repairing these in order to get a Return on Investment (increase the value of the car more than the cost of the repairs)? If so I woldn't bother as I don't think you will get a positive ROI. I don't think most of these items would be noticed on a pre-trade inspection.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Most of the point you mentioned are DYI-able.
Maybe point 1 will require more investigation/diagnostic.
Either way as mentioned above if you plan on trading in the C don't even bother about fixing this as it will not add value to the car.
Worst case it will be taken into account in your appraisal.