C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

possible c63 amg owner

Old 04-27-2014, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dodge challeenger srt 8
possible c63 amg owner

Sup guys, this would be my first one if I get and just have some concerns and wanted to know your thoughts. Its a 2009 and has 70K miles on it and they want 35K, is there any motor of powertrain concerns I should have? what about suspension? Even if he has a clean carfax there's no telling how he drove the car. How long does the car usually last before I will be concerned about ANY motor, tranny or suspension problems, in mileage please.

I currently own a 2012 challenger SRT8 with less than 5K miles on it. A bad *** car but the c63 blew me away and I want it bad!!!! but don't want to put myself in a situation where I'm dealing with repair and expensive maintenance.

If I missed anything please let me know and give me insight. Don't want to rush and make a bad decision.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:10 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'16 CLS 63 S
There was a headbolt issue on the 2009's. There is a lot of information on the forum if you search for it, to include a thread on the affected VIN range. If you have access to the service history you may be able to that issue was already addressed for that car.

If you're patient you may get a better deal once the 205 generation comes out.

Edit: Just saw this thread by another member https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...age-2-c63.html
It is more expensive, but less miles and amazing mods. I also bet he addressed the headbolt issue.

Last edited by edwardsflight33; 04-28-2014 at 03:33 AM. Reason: addition stated above.