MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Anyone on Long Island (ny) with long tubes? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/541707-anyone-long-island-ny-long-tubes.html)

Winker2112 05-09-2014 09:15 PM

Anyone on Long Island (ny) with long tubes?

Not sure if this is correct section to post this, but I wanna hear a c63 with headers in person. Anybody local that's willing to meet up? I know from experience that you can't get a good idea of sound from YouTube vids. Don't wanna drop $$$ on a set before I get a decent sample of what I'm dealing with.
Thanks!:cheers:

MaroonC63 05-09-2014 11:11 PM

Areyou doing it for power or sound lol? If sound just straight pipe and remove resonator and secondaries. It sounds insane, smooth with an x pipe uncivilized without.

Winker2112 05-10-2014 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by MaroonC63 (Post 6037318)
Areyou doing it for power or sound lol? If sound just straight pipe and remove resonator and secondaries. It sounds insane, smooth with an x pipe uncivilized without.

Doing it for power but like I said, 5am start ups can't sound like gun shots. Lol

MaroonC63 05-10-2014 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Winker2112 (Post 6037462)
Doing it for power but like I said, 5am start ups can't sound like gun shots. Lol

Itll be even louder. I had to resort to a valvetronic to keep the peace in my neighborhood lol!

Winker2112 05-10-2014 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by MaroonC63 (Post 6037540)
Itll be even louder. I had to resort to a valvetronic to keep the peace in my neighborhood lol!

How would you compare the sound with valves closed to stock?
Cold starts too? That's really my main concern.

TTA850 05-11-2014 06:37 PM

I'm in Brooklyn but out east a lot, if you ever make it out to captree/obi I'm there quite often.

Personally I think with headers x-pipe and no cats it sounds perfect, very loud not typical of what you'd expect from a Mercedes that's for sure. Cold starts are loud but it quiets down quickly (5-10 seconds tops) and then not much louder than stock. My opinion it's perfectly livable, makes awesome power, and sounds obnoxious when you want it to - but then I'm not your typical Mercedes owner as I would prefer to stand out (I'd have gotten my car in Lambo colors yellow/orange/green if available lol).

Winker2112 05-11-2014 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by TTA850 (Post 6038722)
I'm in Brooklyn but out east a lot, if you ever make it out to captree/obi I'm there quite often.

Personally I think with headers x-pipe and no cats it sounds perfect, very loud not typical of what you'd expect from a Mercedes that's for sure. Cold starts are loud but it quiets down quickly (5-10 seconds tops) and then not much louder than stock. My opinion it's perfectly livable, makes awesome power, and sounds obnoxious when you want it to - but then I'm not your typical Mercedes owner as I would prefer to stand out (I'd have gotten my car in Lambo colors yellow/orange/green if available lol).

I was out at obi this morning with the c. Lemme know next time you're out and I'll def meet up.

TTA850 05-11-2014 08:34 PM

Ok cool - couldn't make it today spent the day upstate/NJ with family for Mother's Day but weather permitting will be out there next week :zoom:

MaroonC63 05-11-2014 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Winker2112 (Post 6037750)
How would you compare the sound with valves closed to stock?
Cold starts too? That's really my main concern.

Valves closed, half the sound of stock. Coldstart, super quiet. It's very nice actually, i dont wake up my whole household, or the neighbors, and i don't get flicked off or weird looks everytime i start my car. Was definitely a good investment. With the valves open though, VERY LOUD. Valves automatically close once you shut off the engine.

Winker2112 05-11-2014 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by MaroonC63 (Post 6038817)
Valves closed, half the sound of stock. Coldstart, super quiet. It's very nice actually, i dont wake up my whole household, or the neighbors, and i don't get flicked off or weird looks everytime i start my car. Was definitely a good investment. With the valves open though, VERY LOUD. Valves automatically close once you shut off the engine.

This was very helpful thank you.

C63-AMG 05-11-2014 10:49 PM

I have the IPE valvetronic setup as well. Valves closed is just as Maroon63 described, quiet. I actually had VOS Motorsports in Hicksville do the install last October.