MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Slight rattle coming from front of cabin? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/542979-slight-rattle-coming-front-cabin.html)

hworang00 05-21-2014 12:51 PM

Slight rattle coming from front of cabin?

Anyone else experience this? It doesn't rattle all the time, but it's consistent when the car shakes a little. It's a VERY slight one pretty much right where the front dash mesh is. I think I read somewhere that this is common in the C63's but is there a way to fix it?

m a x i m u s 05-21-2014 12:55 PM

oh man, if that's your only rattle, take it as a blessing. i love my car, but this will most likely be my last C class purchase due to subpar workmanship and amenities. anywho, i digress. i'm not sure what "front dash mesh" is, but it may be your instrument cluster trim piece rattling against the dash. i jammed some felt tape in between there to shut it up. of course, i still have dozens of other squeaks and rattles going on too...

edit: disregard my front mesh comment. I know what that is.

AMG893 05-21-2014 10:30 PM

A common one is the Comand Screen rattle.
I get this about once a week. Goes away, then comes back

m a x i m u s 05-21-2014 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by AMG893 (Post 6049651)
A common one is the Comand Screen rattle. I get this about once a week. Goes away, then comes back

you're lucky. my rattly COMAND screen is as dependable as a Swiss train.

zibby43 05-21-2014 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by m a x i m u s (Post 6049114)
oh man, if that's your only rattle, take it as a blessing. i love my car, but this will most likely be my last C class purchase due to subpar workmanship and amenities. anywho, i digress. i'm not sure what "front dash mesh" is, but it may be your instrument cluster trim piece rattling against the dash. i jammed some felt tape in between there to shut it up. of course, i still have dozens of other squeaks and rattles going on too...

edit: disregard my front mesh comment. I know what that is.

Don't bail on the C-Class yet.

I just read a review of the new W205 that said the interior was nice and more well put together than the interior on the new S-Class. And the new S-Class has been praised pretty heavily.

tfthach13 05-22-2014 12:00 AM

The rattle noises are pretty common in the C63 whether it's from the front or the back...it IS a C-class after all.

As for fixing the problem, that may be a bit difficult since the noise comes from several different places and it's hard to pinpoint the exact source. You fix one area, another area starts to makes noises. This is from reading what members have previously posted; some have brought it to the dealership several times and the problem still persists.

You pretty much have to live with the intermittent rattling. Sorry bud. :(

m a x i m u s 05-22-2014 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by zibby43 (Post 6049700)
Don't bail on the C-Class yet. I just read a review of the new W205 that said the interior was nice and more well put together than the interior on the new S-Class. And the new S-Class has been praised pretty heavily.

ha, I hear you. I do have a soft spot for C class AMG's

rmt52 05-22-2014 09:36 AM

i had to have my front two suspension mounts replaced. they were causing an intermittent rattle noise.

steven_hy_su 05-22-2014 01:12 PM

i've got rattling just above the side mirror vent on the drivers side. When you guys say you put felt tape, do you just jam it in or remove the dash?

OlegKouz 05-22-2014 01:28 PM

I have rattles everywhere, noticed that sometimes it is worse than others and that it comes and goes..hoping it is in fact addressed in the W205.

MIKE ZELL 05-22-2014 01:59 PM

The center stack panel in front of the selector seems to be the cause of the rattling noise on mine.If the road surface is smooth it's fine but if the surface is coarse it starts to make noises!

Jasonoff 05-22-2014 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by m a x i m u s (Post 6049114)
oh man, if that's your only rattle, take it as a blessing.

:word:

My command lid rattles, drivers seat back squeaks when you push back in it, and the passenger seat rattles.

The seat back adjustment panels used to creak until I lined the mating surfaces with hockey tape.

Still need to pull out both seats, fully disassemble and use something to isolate all the panels that touch. Likely hockey tape LOL. :crazy: