C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Dealership Idiots

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 02:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63 AMG, 2015 Toyota Tundra TRD PRO
Dealership Idiots

Anyone else run into issues with dealership? (Other than price being too expensive)

I'm from Long Island NY I usually go to the dealership that's a few minutes away from me, Mercedes Benz of Massapequa. I had to order some hardware from there and I told them exactly what I needed and they even repeated it back to me. They told me it should be here in 2 days and they will call me with the update. Two days later they never called me so I decided to call them and they said it hasn't arrived yet because the order was put it late and they told me to wait 4 more days.

This pissed me off because my c63s in the shop and they need the hardware. When my mechanic tried to order them through the dealer they told him a week so I said I'll call mercedes and order them myself.

There was nothing I could do but wait the four days, four days finally came by and still no call or update. I call them and they said "We don't see you're order, do you have an invoice number?"

I already paid for the parts over the phone and they didn't give me an invoice number. He had to look through his papers and he finally found it and he told me "They should be here in a day or two." I was pissed again.

Two days later they finally came and they sent me the wrong parts, I asked them why and they said they had no idea that the factory would send them the wrong parts and I asked for my paper work and receipt and I start reading it and I realized the idiot ordered the wrong parts. It wasn't the factories fault it was the idiot I spoke to on the phone.

Now they had to reorder everything and my cars been sitting in shop for about 2 weeks now.

It's been about a week already.

My parts should of came today(8/12/14) but when I called them they said tomorrow it'll be here.

Are most dealerships like this?
Anyone ever run into similar problems?
Anyone have advice on what to do? Will they give me my parts/hardware for free to make up for it if I argue more?
Old 08-12-2014, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
why bother. order from oediscountparts.com for way less money, get your stuff just as quick and you control what you get instead of the parts guy.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still looking
Who actually trusts a dealership to do something right? They just rip you off anyway. Sorry about your problem.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:07 PM
SPONSOR

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
C190 GT C
They don't call em the stealership for a reason. I talked to one parts manager at the BMW dealer and he told me all the prices are marked up 35% OVER RETAIL, and that you can get retail price just by asking!
Old 08-12-2014, 04:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by RW Carbon
They don't call em the stealership for a reason. I talked to one parts manager at the BMW dealer and he told me all the prices are marked up 35% OVER RETAIL, and that you can get retail price just by asking!
Actually, they do call them a stealership for a reason.......yes, I am an *******.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:35 PM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
MB
next time contact this guys... http://stores.ebay.com/Valley-Marine-Shop?_rdc=1 ask for what you need, always free shipping
Old 08-12-2014, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Order from getmercedesparts.com
It is run by Mercedes of Annapolis (my dealership). While I know most people hate the dealerships, mine has been pretty damn awesome to me. So no, not all dealerships suck.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
I would never order parts from the dealership if I have to do some work in another shop.
Try online websites.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
yep pretty normal. good parts people are just like finding a good mechanic, far and few.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:08 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
Order from getmercedesparts.com
It is run by Mercedes of Annapolis (my dealership). While I know most people hate the dealerships, mine has been pretty damn awesome to me. So no, not all dealerships suck.
Have yet to take my car in for service, but I'm in MD. You recommend the annapolis dealership for warranty etc?
Old 08-13-2014, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,574 Likes on 927 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Dealership here just over charges oil quantity. Max profit...
Old 08-13-2014, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BRV518
Have yet to take my car in for service, but I'm in MD. You recommend the annapolis dealership for warranty etc?
I do. slight caveat, I have been out of warranty for a while, and have done all repair work myself since then, my particular service manager is no longer there, and I cannot speak to the others.

That said, the dealership as a whole has never screwed me over, and the parts department guys are pretty damn awesome. There prices are about the same as most other MB dealers in the area. They have always found me a loaner (even though you are supposed to request one in advance) on short term when I have had to drop the car off, and never complained when I kept said loaner for a week longer and my car was repaired and sitting in storage for free for a week (they fixed it right after I left for work, which is in Indianapolis Mon-Fri, but I was not returning home the following weekend).
Old 08-13-2014, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by abcut973
I would never order parts from the dealership if I have to do some work in another shop.
Try online websites.
You do know that almost all of the online parts sites that sell OEM parts are operated by the dealers right? It is my understanding that MB corp permits dealers to sell online at wholesale prices, hence the steep discounts.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:09 PM

06 cls 55 amg
I used to go to sovereign in Brooklyn...Car had about 28,000 in repairs in 4 years.....O MY god is all I can say...wow ,,,,holy s#$t really...From parts from flying off the car that weren't put back on right....to cleaning engine after oil leak that they didn't fix so more oil can go on the engine...to your car doenst have a supercharger water pump to me saying o yeah well find it and change it ,im tired of sc overheating..
Old 08-13-2014, 03:14 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
I do. slight caveat, I have been out of warranty for a while, and have done all repair work myself since then, my particular service manager is no longer there, and I cannot speak to the others.

That said, the dealership as a whole has never screwed me over, and the parts department guys are pretty damn awesome. There prices are about the same as most other MB dealers in the area. They have always found me a loaner (even though you are supposed to request one in advance) on short term when I have had to drop the car off, and never complained when I kept said loaner for a week longer and my car was repaired and sitting in storage for free for a week (they fixed it right after I left for work, which is in Indianapolis Mon-Fri, but I was not returning home the following weekend).
Much appreciated input for sure man! I will keep it in mind when it comes time for me to go.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:10 PM

C63
I am also in Annapolis and have had mixed results at there service center. They are super nice but the work done on my car not so much.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:01 PM

2016 ATS-V
How far is MB Rockville Center from you? That's one of the stores I have worked with for my job and they are a great group of people there.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
Originally Posted by Quadcammer
why bother. order from oediscountparts.com for way less money, get your stuff just as quick and you control what you get instead of the parts guy.

nice site, who else has ordered from here?
Old 08-13-2014, 10:30 PM

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
2024 GLE 63 S AMG SUV
I usually order all of my OEM Mercedes parts from ECS Tuning.

Their prices are usually among the cheapest online and they also have phenomenal customer service
Old 08-14-2014, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C55, 09 E350
I deal with more idiots on a daily basis than I have fingers to count so don't feel bad. Next time find out who is the most senior advisor and keep him on e-mail terms, if you tell the guy you can get the parts online at a certain price they are usually willing to match it. Look up your own parts in EPC as well if you can it's free. I deal with a lot of customers like this and if they are willing to just e-mail me part numbers I will sell them at wholesale. Keep in mind buying 3rd party could invalidate your warranty on the part as each part carries a warranty for 1 year nation wide labor included by the dealer if it fails.