MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Do all C63 pull to the right after H&R sport springs are installed? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/558103-do-all-c63-pull-right-after-h-r-sport-springs-installed.html)

Overrated 09-29-2014 06:52 PM

Do all C63 pull to the right after H&R sport springs are installed?

I have been reading and have talked to a few shops that install H&R sport springs on the C63, and the common complaint from everyone is that the car pulls to the right after install.

Has anyone installed them and not had this issue?

RW Carbon 09-29-2014 07:16 PM

Maybe because you need an alignment now.

AMGPower88 09-29-2014 08:13 PM

You need an alignment... Mine pulled to the left after installing H&R coilovers.. Fixed now with the alignment completed.

princealidds 09-29-2014 08:38 PM

Mine pulls to the right. I had it aligned and still no Bueno. Maybe because I had it aligned my MB dealership where I should have gone to a "racer shop". Idk?????

chrisridebike8 09-29-2014 09:41 PM

Mine tracks straight and true. No crash bolts were used. I went to an Indy shop.

Roswell 09-29-2014 11:52 PM

Mine drives straight on rails.. No aligment after 3 years of lowering. :D

Overrated 09-30-2014 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Roswell (Post 6182734)

Meng,

Looks like the pre-facelift cars don't have the pulling issue. Sure seems to be a 12+ Coupe issue.

Now I am not sure I want to install them.

Roswell 09-30-2014 12:16 AM

Nah, I read back in the days about that same issue so it's not only related to the coupe but also the pre-facelift sedan.

I was also worried at first, but my wheels needed a drop to look good.. So I took the chance & it worked out perfectly. I don't think I got lucky, just had a good mechanic do the install.

dchl21 09-30-2014 12:16 AM

all the Mercedes Ive ever owned all pull to the right slightly even after aligment ....very very slightly.

Overrated 09-30-2014 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Roswell (Post 6182746)
Nah, I read back in the days about that same issue so it's not only related to the coupe but also the pre-facelift sedan.

I was also worried at first, but my wheels needed a drop to look good.. So I took the chance & it worked out perfectly. I don't think I got lucky, just had a good mechanic do the install.

Might be best to leave suspension stock. I really don't want to have a lousy handling car.

I will put the HRE's on a see how they look at stock height.

-Marlin- 09-30-2014 06:45 AM

I've had 3 MBs and they all pulled slight right.

Wobble64 09-30-2014 06:50 AM

Mine is a 14 507 Coupe with HR springs. Alignment was done after the install (of course) and it runs like on rails.

I can not imagine, why it should or even could be any other way, if it is done right!

intence 09-30-2014 01:19 PM

mine pulled to the right after alignment because of tirewear

AMGangster 09-30-2014 01:25 PM

My car has H&R springs and pulls right. Alignment had been checked several times and it's all good. Tires wear as good as I coild expect as well. I've learned to deal with it. I found on 4 lane highways its pulls left when in the left lane, so I chalk it up to the crown on the roads.

Overrated 09-30-2014 08:36 PM

Well, that sucks.

I am supposed to be installing them this upcoming weekend. I really don't want to mess up the suspension as the car handles very good now and drives straight as an arrow.

What to do.

tdotjag 09-30-2014 11:14 PM

From what I know about MB, they all pull ever so slightly to the right. I've been told this is a built in safety feature so the car will naturally veer away from traffic (in right hand driving countries) if the driver was to doze off.
If your car is pulling hard to the right, then as others have mentioned, it probably needs an alignment check.

Mort 10-01-2014 09:43 AM

I think you mean left hand drive countries. Right hand drive is England and Australia for example and NA is left hand drive. Remember left and right in a car is taken from your position seated behind the steering wheel.

604 C63 10-01-2014 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Roswell (Post 6182734)

I second that emotion.

roadtalontsi 10-05-2014 10:18 PM

most people also throw cheap tires on aftmkt wheels when they lower the car too which compounds the problem on top of needing an alignment.

VaclavSV 10-06-2014 08:03 AM

After installing H&R Springs ALL C63s will pull slightly right - even after alignment! This is what Ive been told from a shop that has done A LOT of H&R spring installs here in Toronto.

For those that said they installed and the car doesnt pull they are wrong because I did it in my P31 Sedan and had an alignment done twice! The car still pulled SLIGHTLY right!

chrisridebike8 10-06-2014 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by VaclavSV (Post 6188785)
After installing H&R Springs ALL C63s will pull slightly right - even after alignment! This is what Ive been told from a shop that has done A LOT of H&R spring installs here in Toronto.

For those that said they installed and the car doesnt pull they are wrong because I did it in my P31 Sedan and had an align
ment done twice! The car still pulled SLIGHTLY right!

Wow. That's a pretty bold statement. Have you gone and driven each one? I can tell you 100% that mine tracks straight after install and alignment done by a very competent shop.

VaclavSV 10-06-2014 10:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 6188794)
Wow. That's a pretty bold statement. Have you gone and driven each one? I can tell you 100% that mine tracks straight after install and alignment done by a very competent shop.

I havent but the guys in the shop have and I trust them. Also the 15+ C63 owners I know in Toronto who have had their cars all lowered on H&Rs admit their cars track slightly right.

I would love for you to post your alignment! Its virtually impossible to get it perfect using laser alignments. No matter what the car still pulls slightly right whether you are aware or not.
Attachment 445797

chrisridebike8 10-06-2014 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by VaclavSV (Post 6188862)
I havent but the guys in the shop have and I trust them. Also the 15+ C63 owners I know in Toronto who have had their cars all lowered on H&Rs admit their cars track slightly right.

I would love for you to post your alignment! Its virtually impossible to get it perfect using laser alignments. No matter what the car still pulls slightly right whether you are aware or not.
https://i.imgur.com/3tjufZW.jpg

My alignment is in there.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-h-r-drop.html

And the majority of roads in North American have a slight slope of crown towards the shoulder. Some also have them towards the center or left. Our cars are pretty sensitive to crown. With a right sloping road, yes the car fades right. Same with a left crown. And on roads that are pretty much flat, the car does not pull or fade to either side. Prior to installing the springs, my car did fade to the right a little as you have mentioned. On left crowns when stock, it would hold straight. Now on the same roads it just follows the crown.

silversleeper48 10-06-2014 11:05 AM

There have been many threads here about this and basically what those threads say is that you need to buy adjustable alignment bolts and the stock ones are not adjustable... after that it track true... hope this helps

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...164da45330.jpg

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...lls-right.html

Originally Posted by Overrated (Post 6182437)
I have been reading and have talked to a few shops that install H&R sport springs on the C63, and the common complaint from everyone is that the car pulls to the right after install.

Has anyone installed them and not had this issue?

TruspeedRacecru 01-19-2015 06:30 PM

Alignment after H&R install

Hi All,
At the risk of beating a dead horse, I just wanted to see if I understand what is going on here. I lowered the car and added 12MM spacers. I then aligned the car. I would'nt say it "pulled" right but she did "drift" to the right if I took my hands off the wheel on an interstate. I never noticed this tendency before i did the lowering so was a little concerned.
I work at a race shop and have access to a very fine crew and all the best equipment. The tendency to move to the right is not noticeable when i':zoom:m "busy" just when cruising and is only mildly annoying. Am I being too picky?

Will adjustable camber bolts cure the issue and if so how are they used on the W204.
Cheers.