MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   People suck! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/560062-people-suck.html)

johnny--2k 10-14-2014 07:56 PM

People suck!

At lunch today with a coworker, no more than an hour tops. Come out, drivers side window is on the ground and a-pillar is pried open. Bag missing with my Surface Pro 3. Didn't touch my radar or ipod though...:mad::mad::mad:

Pissed doesn't begin to explain it! Anyone know texas auto insurance regulations? I was told I only get a max of $200 for personal property reimbursement.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...0f8fb856e6.jpg

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...c0c63c07e5.jpg

bluejae 10-14-2014 08:01 PM

HOLY F!

i'm sorry that happened... and you're local too...

my paranoia will start in 3...2...1...

Aresh 10-14-2014 08:09 PM

worst nightmare, happened to me once in a different car. Felt so naked after. Hate ****in scumbags. i always try to make sure nothing is noticed in the car when parked.

rentzington 10-14-2014 08:14 PM

Wow that sucks! What part of town was it? I'm always freaked out about my radar detector
I guess on the bright side your car was still there but man that sucks

rickclass 10-14-2014 08:18 PM

degenerate kids....

mr747 10-14-2014 08:18 PM

jealous ****s

Ingenieur 10-14-2014 08:22 PM

Sucks

Can't leave anything visable or some pos will steal it
Can't believe how brazen people are... mid-day on a car with an alarm!

bhamg 10-14-2014 08:27 PM

Look at your automotive as well as homeowner's (if applicable) insurance for coverage. The latter often picks up where the former leaves off. GL. I hate that ****.

CPD SLK 10-14-2014 08:45 PM

I ****ing hate people too...special place in hell for a-h0les like that. My car got keyed a couple months ago so I know what you're feeling. I tell people this all the time...NEVER leave anything in plain sight. I've seen cars broken into for stuff as stupid chap stick and CDs...

Not sure if your bag was on the seat or what not, but anyhow, best of luck with getting the car repaired and your money reimbursed for the stolen goods.

johnny--2k 10-14-2014 08:47 PM

I was in duncanville. Cop even said there were a bunch of break ins in the neighborhood across the street and his partner had one guy pulled over in a stolen car at the same time so he was thinking my bag might be in there, but no luck. I gave him serial numbers for the tablet to keep a look out but we'll see.

Autosport7 10-14-2014 08:54 PM

I completely agree that people suck. I had this happen to me while back in school.
I totally understand your frustration. In PA, my insurance covered all of my missing possessions.

ToXicXxX 10-14-2014 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Autosport7 (Post 6198193)
I had this happen to me while back in school.
I totally understand your frustration. In PA, my insurance covered all of my missing possessions.

At school? Oh man.

We just had a Acura stolen from the parkade here at U of C, and the nice "secure" parkade... Makes me nervous parking my C63 there, especially since Akrapovic tips are bolt on...

CPD SLK 10-14-2014 08:59 PM

Check craigslist...long shot, but it doesn't cost anything to check! If you see it, don't meet up yourself...call the PD

QuartzBlueP31 10-14-2014 09:03 PM

Man that sucks!! I hate people that can not leave S@#T alone if its not theirs.

CarHopper 10-14-2014 09:20 PM

Looks like you're in a large parking lot...

Go to every business and ask for security videos and see if you can see your car.. It'd be pretty easy to catch the person that way especially if they got into their car in frame as well.

Good luck, and phuck people.

rentzington 10-14-2014 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG (Post 6198230)
Looks like you're in a large parking lot...

Go to every business and ask for security videos and see if you can see your car.. It'd be pretty easy to catch the person that way especially if they got into their car in frame as well.

Good luck, and phuck people.

You'd think video would be a slam dunk but I've been told from cops that it's only really helpful in getting a conviction if they catch them, otherwise it's needle in a haystack....at least it wasn't in dallas proper, you'd never have a chance of seeing that tablet again...duncanville maybe a shot

If your insurance call center people suck go see your agent they can work the system sometimes

abcut973 10-14-2014 09:41 PM

Crap that is really sad! I hope your insurance will cover that lost and your driver side window replacement. GL

CarHopper 10-14-2014 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by rentzington (Post 6198247)
You'd think video would be a slam dunk but I've been told from cops that it's only really helpful in getting a conviction if they catch them, otherwise it's needle in a haystack....at least it wasn't in dallas proper, you'd never have a chance of seeing that tablet again...duncanville maybe a shot

If your insurance call center people suck go see your agent they can work the system sometimes

If I brought video proof of someone breaking into my car, stealing from my car, and driving away that clearly showed who it was to the police AND they did nothing about it I would raise all kinds of hell.

I think it would be so easy to fix that problem either... cops wont help? Ok, bring the videos to every local news station, drop the names of the cops who wouldn't help, and I'd give it a day before I got some sort of relief in the matter.

Anyway, good luck OP. Not sure you can really do much at this point except hope insurance takes care of you.

johnny--2k 10-14-2014 10:01 PM

Already asked about video, unfortunately all cameras are on the building and blocked by the trees in the parking lot.

I'm going to raise hell on the insurance BS though, that bag was worth $1500 with everything in it, and they want to give me $200? What a crock!

Bardman 10-14-2014 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by rentzington (Post 6198247)
You'd think video would be a slam dunk but I've been told from cops that it's only really helpful in getting a conviction if they catch them, otherwise it's needle in a haystack....

This. Video footage is next to useless for locating the perp for such a low key crime as this. If its a serious crime, they can show on tv etc to try and get the public to identify the person, but with a theft case like this it will just be added to the file...

realjones88 10-14-2014 10:05 PM

Car insurance will obviously cover the window, but if you have homeowner's/renter's insurance you might need to file a claim through that route for your Surface.

jmueller 10-14-2014 10:06 PM

Sometimes the business will actually pick up the tab. Doesn't hurt to ask. Make a phone call and send a demand letter if the call doesn't go anywhere.

mmike 10-14-2014 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by CPD SLK (Post 6198197)
Check craigslist...long shot, but it doesn't cost anything to check! If you see it, don't meet up yourself...call the PD

+1 got a laptop stolen from me once...found it on craigslist. PD set up a meet with the guy, got my laptop back the next day.

lionheart_ 10-14-2014 10:43 PM

sorry to hear that this happened; hope you get some sweet justice soon.

Kriston 10-14-2014 10:51 PM

:violent::violent::violent:

I hate thieves with a passion, I too was a victim of vandalism / theft years ago. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. Hopefully you get it all sorted out sooner then later.