C63 Camber Adjustment Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 11:20 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 E63s
C63 Camber Adjustment Help

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2014 C63 507 Edition and I am currently lowered on KWV3 about 1inch to 1.5 inches all around. After installing my coil overs, my car would pull to the right. I got my alignment done but problem is still there; front camber was at -3 and rear was at -2.5. I purchased camber/caster adjustment kit from Mercedes dealer and had them installed on the right both lower control arms. After install, I put the car on alignment machine and caster was measured at 11.5 degrees on the left side & 10.8 degrees on the right side.Camber on the left -2.6 and -3.3 on the right. The mechanic tried to adjust the both side lower control arm bolts but still no change.

Car has about 5K miles and tires are almost done so I am trying to solve this problem before purchasing new tires!

Has anyone experienced this before? or maybe know a solution?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails C63 Camber Adjustment Help-fullsizerender.jpg  
Old 10-17-2014, 01:55 AM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by ArtyyArt
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2014 C63 507 Edition and I am currently lowered on KWV3 about 1inch to 1.5 inches all around. After installing my coil overs, my car would pull to the right. I got my alignment done but problem is still there; front camber was at -3 and rear was at -2.5. I purchased camber/caster adjustment kit from Mercedes dealer and had them installed on the right both lower control arms. After install, I put the car on alignment machine and caster was measured at 11.5 degrees on the left side & 10.8 degrees on the right side.Camber on the left -2.6 and -3.3 on the right. The mechanic tried to adjust the both side lower control arm bolts but still no change.

Car has about 5K miles and tires are almost done so I am trying to solve this problem before purchasing new tires!

Has anyone experienced this before? or maybe know a solution?

Thanks

Since the mid 90 model’s, there has been no front or rear Camber (or front Caster) adjustment facility fitted OEM!

Only current adjustment is front and rear Toe.

To attempt to return vehicle to factory specs to resolve premature inner edge tire wear, improve traction, and fix steering pull the only current alternative for Camber and Caster is to fit offset, slotted bolts (for the front only). But these are inaccurate one only position bolts offering a minimal .3 of one degree adjustment (3mm).

It’s no wonder many owners continually change tire brands or go from one MB Dealer or alignment shop to another trying to get it right/fix the problem.

We saw the need therefore "to fix it right the first time" by designing, developing, patenting (and re-instating from the 1990's) fully adjustable front suspension for virtually all models.

The current K-MAC kits have up to 4 times the adjustment of the one position offset bolts (both Positive or Negative). And unlike these offset one position bolts they can be accurately adjusted - under load, direct on alignment turntable (no need to remove and reinstall each time).

Ongoing, precise adjustment of both Camber and Caster settings if altering suspension height, fitting wide profile tires/wheels, curb knock damage or being able to quickly fine tune/change specs on race days. Extra Negative (plus track width) to go deeper into the corners/lower lap times. With the unique K-MAC patented design it is a single wrench/no disassembly.

For the rear, similar kits for precise Camber adjustment (with additional Toe to compensate for the new Camber facility). Importantly unlike the alternative adjustable Camber arms K-MAC rear kits do not move top of tire outwards - this reducing the essential clearance top of tire to outer fender when adjusting to fix premature inner edge tire wear/improve rear traction.

Also instead of spherical bearings as used on control arms which prematurely pound out allowing metal to metal contact. At K-MAC we have developed long life elastomer bushings.

Bonus with the four front and four rear bushes is that they are also designed with twice the load bearing area and replace the highest wearing suspension bushings. And with K-MAC no special tools are required to fit.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 P31 AMG Sedan 2012
I did the same KW and went with K-Mac then you can adjust everything. Now car is great but problem is that is squicking when you are going slowly over bumps (in parking) or you turn the steering wheel. But if you have a good guy who can do wheel alligment later on you will be able to achieve any setting you want. Be carefull cause you lowered your car a lot that if you dont put lot of camber you tire will touch the fender especially if you have wider tires